Sign in to follow this  
Suldaanka

LIVE: Somaliland Election Update

16 minutes ago, Che -Guevara said:

Is it me or the number of registered or eligible voters is low? I thought the population of Somaliland is pushing four million.

It is quiet very low. But I think it is something that Somaliland can build upon. 

Those who missed out are now regretting how important their voting card is in determining who leads their country.

The next apportunity to register is just before the Parliamentary & Guurti elections which is scheduled for mid 2019.

Saalax   

Kulmiye officials (mayor Solteco and ex financial minister Samsam Abdi) who tried to

steal voting boxes in Hargeisa are under house arrest.

Radio dalsan.jpg

First congrats SOMALILANDERS for putting on great show, It was fun.

KULMIYE is not going let go that easily, they are as corrupt, greedy, and hungry for  more misappropriation of public funds. 

As SENIOR consultant  , and work for alot of  ICT project for many governments around the world, The new system they came up IRIS scan, could be the biggest problem, and achilles hills of the election system.

The more you adopt more complicated , and DON'T   test all scenarios,  failures, problems before hand, delays introduced, you are getting into dangerous area.

Always go for simple solution, the biggest issue is how come so little registered to vote? and why the turnout is so low? were people spooked by the new system? where SL government sharing intelligent with outside, like  EUROPEANS who were funding the election?

Let us hope they solve the problem ASAP.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, maakhiri1 said:

First congrats SOMALILANDERS for putting on great show, It was fun.

KULMIYE is not going let go that easily, they are as corrupt, greedy, and hungry for  more misappropriation of public funds. 

As SENIOR consultant  , and work for alot of  ICT project for many governments around the world, The new system they came up IRIS scan, could be the biggest problem, and achilles hills of the election system.

The more you adopt more complicated , and DON'T   test all scenarios,  failures, problems before hand, delays introduced, you are getting into dangerous area.

Always go for simple solution, the biggest issue is how come so little registered to vote? and why the turnout is so low? were people spooked by the new system? where SL government sharing intelligent with outside, like  EUROPEANS who were funding the election?

Let us hope they solve the problem ASAP.

The voter card will also be used as citizen's identification card which will be used by all sorts of services like passport service, driver's license, bank account, mobile phone subscribtions etc.

Eventually there will be an office in all regional capitals that will be able to provide the card on demand. The system will not accept duplicates stored on the same database. 

• Like 3

galbeedi   

Latest numbers received by parties last night

Waddani                 Kulmiye

m/jeex.            90,000.              110,000

Awdal.              61,000.             30,000

Togdheer.        84,000.               51,000

Saaxil.               22,000.               33,000

Sanaag.           43,000.               26,000

sool.                  23,000.                25,000. Ucid  14,000

Total                 48 .8%     42.5%.      9.7%

• Like 1

Galbeedi,

I wouldn't trust any of that. There are just too many versions out there.

If either NEC, KUlmiye or Waddani officially publish their versions, that is what we need to post here. All others are just heresay and full of wishful thinking. 

I commend all the Somaliland populour websites for not publishing these bogus and baseless numbers. The maintenance of peace & order is everyone's responsiblity. 

From the comments that I have so far read on Facebook, and considering some of my friends lists who were staunch Somalia Unionists and reading their opinions.

I have come to the conclusion a lot of people who had a baised & bigoted opinion previously have now seen the truth that Somaliland is no about two or three politicians dreaming about a country. Rather, it is about the desires of a people that have had enough of old false dreams and want to instead focus on building their country steadfastly with or without any support from outside. 

A lot of the comments that I have read were of the opinion that reer Somaliya need to support Somaliland's cause and let her independence. Because they know with or without Somalia, Somalilander's determinations will see them through and break that barrier.