Suldaanka

LIVE: Somaliland Election Update

Barwaaqo   
15 minutes ago, Che -Guevara said:

Well done Somaliland!!

Thanks Che,

Gobonimo waa taas. Walaalkaa  horumarkiisa ku Farah. Thanks 

Mooge   

Suldanka, cirro is already crying to his advisors in niarobi that he is is about to lose because he is cheated. maybe he is playing a game lowering expectation. let the show begin niyoow. you heard from me first. 

Barwaaqo, you are welcome.

I disagree with Somaliland separating from rest of the country but I have to admit they came a long way. Few in our part of the world can pull off such election and with such limited resources. There is something to be said about that. Congratulations to everyone who made it possible and most importantly to the citizens!

Hopefully, the losers will accept defeat gracefully and the next government can genuinely address issues like recurring droughts and youth unemployment.

2 hours ago, Mooge said:

Suldanka, cirro is already crying to his advisors in niarobi that he is is about to lose because he is cheated. maybe he is playing a game lowering expectation. let the show begin niyoow. you heard from me first. 

Awoowe, tartan weeye, qof walba diyaar u yahay inu badiyo iyo in laga badiyo. Somaliland has a record for peaceful power transfers. I do not have any doubt that this will be any different. 

With regards to election issues. I am hugely dumbfunded that there were no major issues. I expected 1 or 2 here and there. But, aside from, techinical issues or logistical issues which were resolved accordingly, this elections went very smoothly.

The counting started and all we wait for is the official results from the NEC.

Overall, this election cements Somaliland's unique place in the African continent, as a beacon of light eliminating from a dark continent. 

WIth the representatives from "Powers that Be" i.e. UK, US, Norway, Sweden, France, Danmark etc... present on the ground overserving and seeing for their very own eyes, I am very hopeful that they will need to change substantially their engagement with Somaliland.

galbeedi   

latest news from Wadadani operatives in western Canada.

He told me that the counting of the votes had already taken place at 9pm local time. Almost all ballots in those polling stations were counted at the local place, and the total number of votes had been given to the party observers who were present. After the initial count the total number was communicated to the district, regional and national headquarters in Hargeisa. He said that those sealed boxes with the actual numbers will be brought to the district and a second vote counting will take place there. 

If there is any disputes, a third vote counting will take place at NEC offices in Hargeisa. The final announcement will take place Friday, November 17.

The party observers already know how many votes they got from every polling station. According to Waddani people in Awdal headquarters they are leading in AWdal, Hargeisa city (not the region), Ceerigaabo and Berbera. 

In Awdal the early numbers show 71%

In Berbera they lead  60 to 40%

In Gabiley they are losing 23 to 75%

Hargeisa City they lead 68%, 30, and 2% for Ucid.

The Waddani guys are already celebrating and according to vice presidential candidate Mohamed Cali, he said, " We are winning with large margins".

Let us wait until 10pm mountain time which is early morning in Borama.

galbeedi   

The only incident so far reported is that some gangs in Burco city had tried to steal ballot filled boxes from the opposing district and dump or throw the boxes to unknown places. In some of these cases the police had intervened and opened fire.