Sign in to follow this  
Saalax

Middle aged Somalilander gets angry by Omar Al-Bashir's reality comments

I guess riyo beenaadkii ka soo baraarugay, caay iyo aflagaado ma'ahee wax kale ma haayaan. If Waqooyi Galbeed couldn't get aqoonsi in the years of 1995-2012, none will ever come, xataa Xabashada, enemy numero uno of Soomaaliya oo awood leh, don't want to see that.

In the mean time hala iska riyoodo until it becomes a nightmare, hala iska caaytamo until la waasho.

Saalax   

said:

I guess riyo beenaadkii ka soo baraarugay, caay iyo aflagaado ma'ahee wax kale ma haayaan. If Waqooyi Galbeed couldn't get aqoonsi in the years of 1995-2012, none will ever come, xataa Xabashada, enemy numero uno of Soomaaliya oo awood leh, don't want to see that.

In the mean time hala iska riyoodo until it becomes a nightmare, hala iska caaytamo until la waasho.

kkkkk I couldn't have said it better.

galbeedi   

Oodweyne,

Saaxiib, Waa ceeb in aad Ummad dhan oo "Koonfur galbeed" ka soo jeeda aad ku tilmaanto " Tuugsato". Waxaa La yidhi marka geediga lagu jiro sida Tareenada, waxa la adkeeyaa marba meesha Silsiladu ka jilicsan tahay. Dadkan aad sheegaysana waxa dulmay oo barakiciyey waa " HAG IYo D Block" .

They live off of the land. They do not have passports or other connections like the other tribes who looted the country and easily fled to the diaspora and other places.

Todobaadkan gudihiisa ayey ahayd markiii aad fariinta dadban ee hujuunku ku jiro aad u dirtay MMA. Ti hore ayuu ka jawaabayaa in kasta oo uu la soo daahay. Reer Soomaaliland ma' aha in ay ku digtan dadka danyarta ah ee la dulmay.

said:

Oodweyne,

Saaxiib, Waa ceeb in aad Ummad dhan oo "Koonfur galbeed" ka soo jeeda aad ku tilmaanto " Tuugsato". Waxaa La yidhi marka geediga lagu jiro sida Tareenada, waxa la adkeeyaa marba meesha Silsiladu ka jilicsan tahay. Dadkan aad sheegaysana waxa dulmay oo barakiciyey waa " HAG IYo D Block" .

They live off of the land. They do not have passports or other connections like the other tribes who looted the country and easily fled to the diaspora and other places.

Todobaadkan gudihiisa ayey ahayd markiii aad fariinta dadban ee hujuunku ku jiro aad u dirtay MMA. Ti hore ayuu ka jawaabayaa in kasta oo uu la soo daahay. Reer Soomaaliland ma' aha in ay ku digtan dadka danyarta ah ee la dulmay.

Galbeedi, ileen daacad ayaa iska tahay. Duqaan wareersan hadda iguma cusbo. Since 2002 ayuu inta ka caaytamaaye, xataa la ban gareeye in his old username. I never ever bothered to read wuxuu qoro, laakiin dadka jiran asaga camal meelaha laga kululeeyo waa aqaanaa, waligeyna uma jawaabin 15 sano uu aflagaado iyo wax afxumo uu meeshaan ku haaye. In his geeljire/miyi mentality, he thinks that is weakness because he never receives back any caay or jawaab xun from me.

If I was him, tusbaxeyga iyo cibaadadeyda ayaa badsan lahaa instead of online caay iyo afqurunimo ku haayo, ever dreaming about nonexistent aqoonsi becoming a reality.

Reerkaa ka dhashayna asaga uguma baahno amaan inay ka helaan. Eebbe mahadiis, reer wacan oo ahlul diin oo heybad leh waaka dhashay, iguna soo barbaariye akhlaaq wanaagsan iyo macruufnimo, oo noole walba qeyliyana inaanan u jawaabin. Mööryaanimo, rufyaanimo iyo tuugnimo sida dadka qaarkiis caayda wado kuma soo korin.

Oodweyne,

Galbeedi is a toad, but in this regard he is quite right. MMA waa looma ooyaan. He tries to make himself feel better by having a go at "Somaliland" or as he likes to call them "Qaldaamiin" or "Qawdhan" or what have you. You see as you have described him he is naked and the only garb he can use to participate in the zero sum game of what is passed off as politics in Somalia Proper is to bleed "Soomalinimo". It is no wonder he alone every year for the past nearly 2 decades waves around that blue rag just so he would get some kind of sympathy from the mafia that are busy with the tug of war that will decide who will play care taker of Villa Somalia under the occupation of AMISOM and their front line states. So you see, he soothes his non existence by trying to play the comedian so that the mafia can clap for him and tell him "good boy". Galbeedi plays a similar role in SOL. Although Allah made him an important part of Somaliland, he some how feels inferior and lets out his frustration by writing endless drivel.

Let them breathe. U daa ha iska tuur tuuraane, meel fog ma gaadhayaane. Oo dee ka dhin, Ilaahay yanuu sidooda kaa dhigine.

YoniZ   

Sudaan canaan iyo cay nagama mudna, balse waxay naga mudantahay, Abaal bur iyo dheeraad ah.

If only Somalis can return the favour Sudan has given to them, with it’s limited wealth, and being under long trade embargoes.

Since 1991 more young Somalis graduated from Sudanese universities with hundreds of free scholarships per year. That is more than any other country, including the well publicized late Turkish scholarships.

From Borame to Burco and Bosaso, all the way to Banaadir and Baydhabo. There is no single functioning institution today that did not benefit from these graduates.

The Sudanese gave hope to our hopeless youth, in the time of their need, without ideological preconditions or political cherry picking. Between 1991 to 2000, it was the only option available for pursuing higher education, as we had no functioning universities. There were some very few exceptions here and there, such as Syria and Pakistan giving a handful of places. We can also rightly disregard few Saudi scholarships which we all know their outcomes.

I don’t even know why did Sudan do that? The only explanation could be their generosity manners, and the genuine love they had for our people.

galbeedi   

OOdweyne,

It is really hard to see anyone right both Somali and English language with ease.I see all this Somali websites and they could not even write a coherent Somali sentence. I was thinking about publishing a magazine and hire you in the future. I wish you were on the side of the unionists. Believe me we could do much more than you think. Don't you hate incompetent Somalis keep this " Xadhig Jiid " for decades while people are suffering?. Why don't we team up after the election and help Somalis regain peace.

Spadez,

Ilaahayoow nin aan wax ogayn ha cadaabin.

you said "Galbeedi plays a similar role in SOL. Although Allah made him an important part of Somaliland, he somehow feels inferior and lets out his frustration by writing endless drivel."

On the contrary, I am very proud of my roots as Reer Woqoyi (Somaliland) and very proud of my Somali heritage. Yes, I write this drivel to illustrate and correct the institutional weaknesses of Somaliland and others. Deep down I know what protects all of us from tribal anarchy is the rule of law, and I like to promote the rule of law in Somaliland. Unless we criticize and point fingers the deaf tribal systems of the Somali speaking world will not change.

I see Siilaanyo flying 45 minute to Berbera and greeted by 200 "Afmiishaar" seeking favors. Someone has to tell the that "the king is naked".

On the other hand , I am too ambitious to settle down on Somaliland only. Also deep down , I am authoritarian Who is fed up on this unending Somali saga. I see myself ruling Not only the Somali republic, but also the larger horn of Africa.. I do believe that the Somali president should be the most powerful statesman in the horn of Africa, not the gatekeeper of Amisom and Ethiopia.

WE have people in Kenya, Djibouti and Ethiopia. We never gave up those lands of ours. " Xoolahaagu Xero Hakuugu Jiraan ama Xeer hakaaga maqbaadaan". We will demand referendums from these countries so Somalis could decide their destiny.

I am thinking big brother, yet I am not jealous (Xaasid) of the peace and the coming free election of Somaliland. Believe me, I could leave right now and I could join any political party in Somaliland, or win a seat in the parliament or become a minister in a very short time period, but, at the moment my ambition is higher than Somaliland. I see myself joining FAysal Cali Waraabe and conquering the whole of Somalia.

I see Farmaajo and these " Ciyaal Asalooti And Dayniilee" as opportunist southern elites who could not see the big picture, but we have to give them a chance to build on the peace and other state issues. I do believe that the Somali Tiger will not rise up without us in the helm. I do not understand how can any Somali leader would accept to be supervised by a foreign mercenaries and others. If I can't do anything , then I will call the people and tell them the truth rather than be a gatekeeper.

Who knows, one day I may get old and settle for less, but now we have to burn the energy and aim high. IF you shoot for the moon and miss, you might fell among the stars.

I have extensively read the American neoconservative plans of dismantling many middle eastern countries including Somalia, and as a knowledgeable Somalis, we must not allow the disintegration of our people. Look what is going on in Yemen, Syria and other places.

By the way, Mr. Suldaanka has changed a lot. Last year , when he was wearing the Derwish like uniform, he was a radical Wahabi and he used to attock and troll when Someone says anything bad about Somaliland. Now, he is gentle, patient and propagating his cause. What has changed.

Few weeks ago i did hear Sacad Ali Shire the Somaliland foreign minister asking Landers to debate the unionists in Facebook and social media, what he did not know is Suldaanka had already stated that campaign long time ago.

said:

MMA I will change the last line to "dream until Somalis (Somalia & Somaliand) unite for the love of God and country"

Sudan is a a great friend of SOMALIS, and will always be .Even though we don't share border, have a lot in common, more in common than our neighborly countries.

YoniZ   

said:

YoniZ

Saaxiib, you misjudged the argument in the sense of thinking that Somaliland has something against Sudan when in fact matters are other way around. And by that I mean, it's true that Sudan have given to the youth of the Somali peninsula (i.e., Somalia and Somaliland) thorough out the years so many scholarships, which is by the way a very welcome generosity on their part.

Although it has to be said, that, the educational
"connection"
between Somaliland and Sudan actually started back in
1930s
during the days when both entities were under the British colonial governance.

And in here one can recall that men like Mahamuud Ahmed Ali (who was one of the founding fathers of Somaliland's education system) along with Fowsiya Yusuf X. Aadan's late father, were actually educated in Sudan in
1930s
. So in that sense there is a
"historical antecedents"
in here that may be something worthwhile to reflect on.

However, be that as it may, the current Sudan under her war-criminal dictator, by the name of Al-Bashir seems to have (at least out of the blue) declared his "diplomatic hostility" towards Somaliland. And that means, scholarships or no scholarships, such a diplomatic "demarche" must be bared in mind by Somaliland's leaders. Both now and after the election, who ever forms the next government.

After all,
Lord Palmerston
(a man who actually could be said to have invented the
"art of diplomacy"
) who was a distinguished British foreign Secretary at the early decades of 19th century (which was the heyday of British power and influence) said that nations have no eternal enemies, and no permanent friends. But it's their interests that is eternal and permanent. And therefore, it's the guiding principle of the state (as he asserted) to pursue those interests without any
"sentimental attachment"
of any kind getting in the way.

And in fact you could say that there was many diplomatic instances whereby British foreign policies were
"Positively Palmerstonian"
(as it were). For example, the late 19th century was a period of a time in which British commercial interests was decidedly getting a beneficial outcome from the newly unified German Kingdom, with its rapidly industrialization process. And yet the British state actually went out of its way to form what was then known as the
"entente cordiale"
with the French, just to
"hemmed-in"
the positively growing German might of late 19th century in Europe.

Hence, you could say that the British state have put on the scale of judgement a
"two issues"
in which it was facing at that time. And they were, firstly, the commercial benefits they were getting from German's commerce. And the second was, as to what military power (and therefore a threat) the Germans can be to the far-flung territories of the British empire, in the event of Germany turning hostile power to the British interest.

And having put those "two issues" on the scale of diplomatic judgement, they have decided to
"forgo"
any immediate commercial benefits they are likely to get from friendly German state with its productive economy in favor of
"siding-up"
with the French, which in turn had a minuscule industry in comparison to the Germans.

Moreover, the British seem to have decided that because Germany could be a long-term Geo-political threat to Britain, with enough industrial wealth to make good on any
"bad intention"
they may one day "harbor" against the British, and against its global empire, given the fact of the rapid build-up of the German's navy, which in turn could be a likely threat to the Royal navy that was essentially in guarding the far-flung territories of the British empire, meant that the better geopolitical "bet" or "hope" will be to side with the French now against Germany.

And that will based on the "bet" and the "hope" that if and when the Germans turn hostile in Europe, there will be enough French divisions in continental Europe to hold the German's army at bay (or in the Belgium's frontier border) while on the other hand, the British's Royal Navy could hurry and harass the German navy in the Atlantic ocean.

Similarly, in a "Palmerstonian term", it could be said, that, Somaliland, could really do with any number of decent scholarships of the kind Sudan dishes out on a yearly basis to the secondary school leavers of Somaliland and those who are from Somalia. But at the same time, the larger
"national interest"
of Somaliland is to have Sudan to be
"supportive"
of our
"diplomatic agenda"
at best. Or failing that, then it's better for them to be
"indifferent"
to it, at worse.

But now since the Dictator in Sudan seems to have went out of his way and declared his
"diplomatic hostility"
to our agenda at the presence of the chap who passes himself off as the president of Somalia, even if truth is that he is no more than a
"glorified puppet-leader"
of a UN's trusteeship entity call Somalia, actually means that Somaliliand can't actually afford to think that whatever number scholarships the chap who run Sudan gives to our youth are that important in the grand scheme of things, at least in comparison to the open hostility he seems to have declared against us.

Now of course, the fact that we can't do anything about it, or even hurt him doesn't necessarily mean that we are blithely ignorant of his "true intention". But it simply means, that, we shall be on our guard. And we shall take whatever scholarships he gives to us, henceforth, with not a gratitude on our part. But with a "pregnant silence", while keeping on the back of our mind how "hostile" he is to us all the time.

And if ever a situation present itself to "pay back" him in spades (as it were) we shall not hesitate to deal with him with the same
"disdainful coin"
of open hostility as he had shown to us in that recent meeting he had with Mr Farmaajo. Of course, that day may not come at all in likelihood. But its best not to be under any illusion as to what he really is to us, or could mean to us, if he gets even a half a chance to hurt us.

This is the point you seems to deliberately over-looking in your haste to look the bright side of Sudan's contributions to the education of the Somali youth. While, of course, blinding yourself to the very potent fact that pertains to his open hostility in which he declared against Somaliland without ever given any indication as to what Somaliland has ever done to him (or to his nation) for them to really have
"warranted"
such a diplomatic demarche from his end.

However, be that as it may, I think the
"saving grace"
for Somaliland in here is that he is, by all indications, a
"diplomatic persona non-grata"
outside of his country. And therefore what damage he could do to Somaliland is actually very limited in the mean-time.

Subsequently, what this means is that other than given a few public relation brownie points to Mr Farmaajo at our expense, given that, Mr Farmaajo was standing next to him when he declared his intention towards us, there is actually nothing to which to write home about it in which he can actually do to Somaliland.

In particular, there is nothing he can do to us now in his present
"condition"
of being in the
"diplomatic purgatory"
position, in which he seems to have found himself in, due to his
"murderous activities"
in Darfur region in recent years, at least in the eyes of the wider world.

Oodwayne

Saxiib, I hope your Arabic is as beautiful as the other two languages you master at SOL. No, I haven't misjudged anything there. Its an embarrassment to see that kind of clip, which is full of mockery and contempt.

Mr Albashir said nothing more than what other head of states did said in similar high level meetings. The style may be different but nothing makes him the pariah you have painted in your post.