Sign in to follow this  
galbeedi

Prime minister Khayre in action, he seems to be very competent.

galbeedi   

By far, he is the most competent prime minister we have seen for the last ten years. He reminds me of the diaspora members who were elected in political offices like minister Ahmed Huseen of Canada and others.

This man understands the situation Somalis find themselves and the meaning of public service ( IN ummadda loo khidmeeyo ). No leader ever addressed people like this. I think we should support this man and his mission.

Galbeedi,

I see you are head of heels for Farmaajo's government.

A photo-op moment like opening a new mashruuc or whatever is something any officials lives for. So I don't see any particular difference here. Most likely this road was commissioned under HSM's tenor and it is only fair to also give him some of your praise. :D

Anyway, I see a lot of headwind against Farmaajo in Mogadishu which may not have been as strong during HSM's rule. But its getting momentum and pace. If he pulls off something against that, at least that would be good. But I see a lot of frustrations ahead.

Good luck anyways.

galbeedi   

Suldaamka,

I am not talking about the road which is a minor accomplishment, but the tone of the speech. He is asking people to demand accountability and service. He telling people that they are the boss and he works for them , which is much different than the fat cats running regional governments.

^talk is cheap so they say. Even Siyad Barre had an anti-corruption squad.

I don't normally use reer koonfur sayings but I think they nailed it with this one "Geedkii roor roor loo fuulo, roor roor ayaa looga so dagaa". By that I mean, the easier you get access to money i.e. donor hand outs, the easier it ends up in the back pockets of the corruption chain. It is a curse known throughout Africa and most famously for Mogadishu.

Give them a few months and lets revisit this topic again.

first thing he needs to clear his hometown of ceelbuur from alshabab.it is embarrassing that the prime ministers hometown is a safe haven for alshabab terror ,what do you think such weak person can do???