Sign in to follow this  
maakhiri1

Hassan Ali Kheyre : Somalia's Prime Minister.

Mr. Kheyre, a Norwegian citizen, has worked in business and as a humanitarian aid worker. He worked for the Norwegian Refugee Council. His background in humanitarian and refugee work will be an asset to the government as it struggles to fend of a looming famine.

More recently, he was the director of Soma Oil and Gas. The company made headlines last year after it was the subject of a UN and UK investigation for alleged corruption. The Serious Fraud Office in the UK stopped the investigation citing a lack of evidence.

YoniZ   

Allah hala garab galo howsha culus ee loo dhiibay.

I dont know the guy well, However, anyone who stood up to the Chopra gangz, and their SEMG whitch hunt cartel, has the mental strenghth demanded by this difficult position.

YoniZ   

Oodwayne,

Oday waan ku saalamay marka hore.

Marka xigta, waa kaftane, imisa qoraal ayaa kaaga diyaarsanaa shaqsiga loo magacaabi doono Raysal wasaaraha? Marnaba wanaag maka qori laheyd?

YoniZ   

Oodweyne,

Saaxiib, waxan u maleynayaa in aadan akhrin qoraalkeygii hore.

Gangsterada SEMG ee Chopra horboodeyey iska celintooda waxay Mr Kheyre siisay sharaf. Arinta kayska SFO, waxa lagu dhisay eedeynta Chopra iyo gangskiisa. Markii ay fashilantayna waxa cadyn ah lama helin. Waxa kadibna lagu khasbay SEMG raali gelin.

Here is Jeremy Schulman lecturing about the rouge SEMG and how they are made to eat their words:

PS. I know little about Mr Kheyre. However, I will give him time to do his job before jumping to the criticism bandwagon.

YoniZ   

Interesting!

Oodweyne, saaxiib thanks for the resourceful article.

Who said that, we will have the boring Saacid Yuulka and CCC characters as the next PM.

If Mr Kheyre can use wisely, his talent of engaging with the UK establishment and the humanitarian expertise at the NRC, that will make him a good PM.

YoniZ   

Interesting!

Oodweyne, saaxiib thanks for the resourceful article.

Who said that, we will have the boring Saacid, Yuulka and CCC characters as the next PM.

If Mr Kheyre can use wisely, his talent of engaging with the UK establishment and, the humanitarian expertise at the NRC, that will make him a good PM.

Very interesting guy, highly possible he was the financier of Farmaajo. and all the allegations, it is better to be sceptic and watch how he operates, I do understand that Un shit monitoring group, half of what they publish is pure rubbish.

Hope and wish for the best for SOMALIA, of course I don't know him, and all we want and interested in SOMALIA out of the hell hole.

Like Galbeedi, I was rooting for Baadiyow, but he was too good, the guy is highly knowledgeable, MASH ALLAH, well qualified, and no president want PM smarter than him, as in Baadiyow words.

As for SOMA GAS and BP, and UK, apart from the initial corruption involved, Somalia does not have capabilities to produce Gas or OIL, and MUST use a company that has resources and capabilities, BP is one of the biggest oil companies in the world, and with the right formula, Let us DIG it, beggars don't choose, SOMALIS are dying of hunger, with transparent, right formula of revenue/production sharing ,let us drill baby!! All info regarding the deal must go through the parliament and be transparent.

I am very aware UKs keen interest, and that is not a problem, Dan baa la iska wada leeyahay, the problem waxaa ah marka INDHAHA Laguu jeexo, Indha sarcaad , qalinka lagu xado, iyadoo la adeegsanaayo manaxayaal , tuuga ah.

Saalax   

Is this Ceelbuur community's first PM position? It is indeed

interesting that the different HAG groups are getting

representation at highest level, this might reduce support

Al shabab has in the south, if everyone feels included

then it will be hard for Al shabab to get soldiers.

galbeedi   

No one is perfect, but it is our obligation to give the new prime minister the opportunity to help his people in these difficult times. In any appointments, there are negatives and positive attributes of the individual. At the end we expect his good qualities to shine compared to his short comings.

He seems to be among the new generation of Somalis who left the country as a young man and settled in the diaspora. He got some education and came back to home to help his people. He led one of the largest aid agencies from Norway, and through that experience had probably witnessed the suffering and the conditions of the country. Latter he became the chief executive officer of Som Oil company. Leading small but multinational company is a great achievement by Somali stranded.

Mr. Farmaajo, refused to follow the old style Somali politics of naming certain groups who think they are somehow entitled to be appointed as prime ministers. It is a good Sunnah that must be copied in the near future. The Puntlanders and Galmudug guys are out of the picture this time around, and if it was up to me , iI would say to them next time you must come back as a united front (haddaad Xukunka ku soo laabanaysaan idinku wada socda oo isku xisbiya yimaada, ama Idinkoon soo heshiin ha noo imaanina). The only negative on the appointment is we do feel some kind of family (nepotism) or alliance . Somalis consider the family of your wife as your allies and kinship, so they probably think that the president was enough for both Gedo And Dayniile communities, yet we hope that he was chosen by his merit and competence.

Since the constant quarrel of the president and the prime minister is always an issue, I hope this team will stick together for many reasons. If you Compare to past prime ministers before him, I do believe Mr. Khayre is more qualified than most of them in terms of experience, management, inter-people skills and finally , his service inside the country. Farmaajo was away from the country for twenty years before he named prime minister, while both Saacid, Sharmaarke and others went to Somalia as prime minsters and started from the top.

Hence, I do believe he is more qualified in terms of his exposure to difficult times. He will have upper leg in terms of dealing with the international community and other agencies in these tough times. Personally, I am not satisfied with work of aid agencies and NGO's in general, and I do believe that empowering entrepreneurship and contracting out development issue to able Somali businessmen would produce huge results in very short time. Since Mr. Khayre worked with these groups, I hope he will maximize and use these dollars in the right place.

Finally, let me address the issue of the monitoring group. There UN groups do some good things in tough times, especially famine prone Somalia, but the Somalia monitoring group were some of the laziest groups that I have seen operating from their cushy hotels in Nairobi. For example in 2013, a week before they filed their yearly report, they just visited a Mogadishu arms depot and wrote a premature report about missing weapons and other issues. At the time I did ask myself, " how can a world body mandated by the security counsel , do nothing a whole year, then visit Mogadishu two weeks before the due date and use that report as their yearly work".

For that and many other reasons, I believe these UN bodies based in Nairobi as incompetent group justifying their salary and in return keep Somalia under constant arms embargo that denies the nation for self defense. After all some of these people were mere accountants who never had any investigative experience or other security affairs qualifications. Mr, Chopra was small time accountant from the Midwest.

If this prime minister has any major corruption issues, it will surface sooner or latter. I do not want to debate here with Mr. Oodweyne who had made his mind regardless of the facts, but I must say few things about the Som Oil company. I do not have the full detail of that company but, the crest of the matter was, the monitoring group was targeting Mr. Hassan Khayre. Mr. Khayre was proposed by the Somali government to the take the chairmanship of the IGAD group in late 2012. Ethiopia has refused to relinquish the chairmanship since 2008. The principle of rotation and equitable representation is common in all regional organization, regardless of size and wealth. As soon as Mr Khayre tried to gain that powerful title, both the monitoring group and their friends in Ethiopia accused Mr. Khayre of having connections with Al-shabaab.

It was absurd charge. Since the aid agencies he operated worked all over the country, he had contacts with local organizations hired to disburse the aid. After careful investigation that UN mongering report group was thrown out as unfounded. While people or intelligence agencies, probably from Ethiopia murdered people who have spoken against Hassan Sheikh, I never accused the former president to be Al-shabaab. That is incredulous. In order to complicate things, as soon as Mr. Khayre was made the CEO of Som Oil, they made their accusations public and connected the Al-shabaab issue with Som oil matter.

Oodweyne said, " through his stint of being in-charge of the Soma Gas and Oil, and he will be expected to be suitably inclined to advance the kind of a deal the UK’s major oil companies will come to Mogadishu, within the next few years.

he went on , "any deal that may be involve with British’s major Gas and Oil outfit, who will soon descent on Somalia, looking for a piece of action".

I did work for big oil companies years ago, and they usually do not just come in and throw billions without assessing the profitability , stability and future growth. These huge multinational are owned by shareholders, and they demand sound accountability . BP (British Petroleum) is the sixth largest oil company in the world. In 2016, their revenue was $18 billion dollars, with an asset of over $260 billion dollars. Today in this province, the largest oil company in the world, Exxon-Mobil walked away $3.5 billion worth of project in Alberta for lack of future profits and higher expenses.

if we Somalis are lucky enough to attract a world renown companies like BP, thousands of jobs will be created. We have been talking about this oil thing for 50 years, and so far nothing is in the pipeline. Every nation is trying to attract investment and money. In Somalia, it will be very difficult to attract companies and drill oil at this stage or next four years. If this prime minister have the capacity to land BP and others to drill off shore oil in Somalia, that would be a victory.

On the issue of the new prime minister having shares in the company or shares offered to lead the company, I would say it is normal. Executives who are recruited to lead venture companies or established companies are offered shares in the company. He owns 1.9 % of Som Oil, and as we speak he sold his share as soon as he was nominated.

This prime minister seem to be competent and ready. Tough job is ahead of him. He must assemble a very strong and capable ministers with energy and commitment in the coming weeks. I also hope his nomination will reduce the Shabaab element in the Dayniile community. I have met many people from the Ceel Buur and Dayniile community and they are some of the finest Somalis.

Let us judge him by his actions. Let us not put the cart before the horse. We wish Mr. Hassan Khayre the best.

Allah Ha u Fududeeyo hawsha adag.