Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

Examining Spain's Multiple Achilles Heel

Polanyi   

Originally posted by Abtigiis & Tusbax:

Karl, you saw Torres last night and it confirms what I said above. Villa played well but against a very weak Honduran side. Let us see if he can keep doing this with others.

By far, the most brilliant player for Spain so far has been Jesus Navas.

Villa seems to do better than Torres for pain. As for Jesus Navas, he make a lot of good run, but some hi crossing and decisions are erratic to say the least. He looks like a slightly better version of lennon. :D

I am sure sooner or later striker Fernando Torres will find the net. Due to frustrations not scoring he joined others in blaming on the Jabulani ball by saying its difficult to control and this and that blah blah. I am disappointed with his excuse comment!

BOB   

And the biggest overrated player, David Villa is by his side. It is easy to contain Villa and contrary to all the praise heaped on him, he is a mediocre attacker and I will not put a lot of faith in him.

it's a well known fact that we NEVER agree on anything as we've totally different opinions when it comes to the game but once in every blue moon you make a good point and I always acknowledge it even if it's belated acknowledment like this one but still an acknowledment nevertheless.

I wouldn't say Villa is a mediocre but Overrated plus the guy is selfish beyond normal. I know strikers are judged on the goals they score but this guy sometimes costs Spain games and points un-neccessarily like the one against U.S in last year's Confed. cup where he was determined to get on the score sheet regardless whoever was a better position than him and in the game against the Swiss he shot wide when he had two players in a far better position waiting for him to pass but he went for glory and we all know how that game ended...there's something African about him...he's just as much of a glory hunter as our friends from the gold coast.

The first goal against Honduras he delibrately IGNORED Xavi who was in a far better position to score than him but he went for glory and he was lucky to score as the replays showed and plus it was against a mediocre gaolie who could only parry the ball into his own net.

He's a good finisher but not half as good as El Nino and he keeps on gunning for personal glory then Spain will reap the rewards sooner rather than later...and I Can't Wait for that to happen.

I want Spain V Brazil...I really really hope Spain would finish second. ;)

Come Oooooooooooon Oranje.

Peace, Love & Unity.

Abtigiis   

I was supporting Spain last night and after Brazil lost. I was doing that because I think they were the best team and it is good for football if an attacking team wins.

But a lot of what I said in this thread were right. Spain's attack scored only 8 goals and did not win any game by two clear goals. For all their possession, rival teams created as much against them. The defence has improved though. But still, it was their midfield that won it for them. Let the cup they won not distract from the weaknesses of this side.