Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

The Fall of Damjadiid

galbeedi   

Oodweyne said "it was the arrogant way, HSM, went about abusing everyone in Xamar (with a not so subtle hint that says unless you behave, Hassan, being a president living in his town, can always add you to the casualty of the terror). And, lastly, it was the brazen way, the Ethiopians tried to carry him on their shoulders to the finish line, while everyone else was either expect to assist that, or moving out of the way."

Somalis identified him as the Ethiopian candidate that is major one . Today, I did ask an older gentleman who has inside sources from Mogadishu to explain the surprise win of President elect Farmaajo.

He said, the first indication was that there was not huge money involved in the presidential election as reported by many people. While most members of the parliament went through a grueling process during their election, they wanted to prove to people that they were worth of the task in front of them.

He said also the women factor plated great role. Since they are married to different tribes, sometimes opposite of their own they did not have the tribal loyalties men have. finally , all the twenty candidates agreed to defeat Hassan Sheikh collectively. I never believed the so called " reer Hebel baale" like many northerners who bury their head in the sand and expect someone favorable

I agree "the concept of Reer HEBEL baa leh" is myth. Anyone can make upset win as long as have the right ingredient, there was Russian diplomat who say SOMALIS are uncontrollable, when they had invested so much in 1960s/1970s and they were kick-out in a day. That said, ETHIOPIA and its puppet CULUSOW are shell-shocked, CULUSOW tried everything his power to gerrymander the election, with the help of some the state leaders, like GAAS, GULEED.

Madoobe did the honourable and stayed away.

Also, Farmaajo really needs good genuine SOMALI advisers, to help him.

-Zakaria

-Abdi Samatar

cadnaan1   

in the history of somali election no president has won twice. i think hasan sheekh knew his days were numbered,

fulay xantiisa ma moogo hasan wuu ogaa in laga nacay xamar specially dadkiisa uu ka dhashay ayaaba nacay.

said:

in the history of somali election no president has won twice. i think hasan sheekh knew his days were numbered,

I Agree.

Farmaajo was the compromise candidate backed by everyone who was against Hassan coming back. The same thing happened to Shariif in the last election.

The Somali people hope for a new beginning this time. We say the same thing at every election, but nothing changes.

Writing was on the wall for DamJadid. Xidig lost the speaker-ship then followed by the loss of Farax Cabdulqadir. Hassan knew what was coming hence why he conceded before the 3rd round.