Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

President Mohamed Abdullahi Farmajo

If we learned anything from Somali civil, it's no tribe can impose its will on another. It's amazing that you believe (I think sincerely) Somaliland will can force Harti tribes seceding from Somalia. Paranoia and rush to war will not end in glorious victory.

As for Galeyr, the man lost all legitimacy. He couldn't fly out of Buhoodle let alone represent his community.

Oodweyne, I grant you no Somali flag will fly high in Hargeysa. Conversely, the Somaliland flag will not fly in pro-unity tribes lands. You speak of cohesion and confronting Somalia, but the same can be or perhaps will be true for pro-unity tribes.

The mighty Somaliland army and Hjeclo couldn't force the Dhulos to surrender at Kalshaale, I highly doubt it can force anyone else, same is true of Somali forces , any Somali army or militia won't able to fight its way to Hargeysa. It is easy to start war but ramifications will be beyond anyone else's control. The most powerful army (US) will learned the hard way.

In the end, whether anyone of us likes it or not, the final solution has to be through peaceful means.

One more thing about Galeyr, the man's quest was in part driven by his distaste or irrational hatred of MJs.

Mjs are no longer in the picture. They will occupy no significant office in Hamar. And Farmaajo has no regard of Pland's leaders anyway.

"It ain't easy being cheesy!" ??? VIVA FARMAAJO!"

Congratulations to the new President of the Federal Republic of Somalia.

May his leadership set Somalia on the path to peace, prosperity and national unity.

Long live Mudane Farmaajo!

p.s

Oodweywne, sxb, allow me to offer you my most sincere commiserations on this most ominous dark day for our erstwhile hapless Habro contingent of SOL...?

Congrats Farmaajo, I knew he had a movement and was under-estimated by most, but he had a major support from the public, and would assume even one man one vote, he would get it. Remember thousands of his supporters came marching when he landed Mogadishu,

First candidate that has support from most somali tribes, and regions. Hambalyo.

KUWA ooyaya, oo barooranaya, ceeb! waa laga fiicanyahay, GUUL baa usoo hoyatey SOMALIA,, Cadowga SOMALIA ha jabo!

Oodweyne, how long will you carry on victim card, and Darod baa soo noo galey, Ilinta isk du, and you are underestimating how much support this guy, has in Somaliland, believe me, and I am not just talking about his clan lines, Gudkiinii baa ba kuwiina caadifi QABIILI ga idinku soo galeen, Waxan ku oranlaa QURAAN isi saar, NACAYB iy CUQDAD baa kugu gamuurey, oo aad la gaboodey, godka ha la gelin.

SOMAALINIMADA dhabta ah, iyo wadaninimado, with right leader is more potent than secessionism

GUUL Farmaajo.

Haatu   

Congrats to Farmaajo and I wish him all the best. However, the cynic in me wonders how long till hambalyada ay isu beddesho habaar? Somalis way salfudud yihiin waana a tough crowd to please.

Oodweyne, cuqdadda is still going strong I see. But let me ask you a question, do you not see the irony in complaining about MSBarre's tyranny in the north and you advocating for the same thing? Haddaad go'aysaan go'a, but don't force people. You're no better than the dictator you so hate. Shame on you. S/land is a strange place indeed. The best of Somalis I know are from there, then you have people like you.

Oodweyne, I am not under-estimating the will of Sland folks, after all you have an entire generation who know nothing else but Somaliland. I am sure such generation will be more willing to sacrifice themselves.

What I am saying today's circumstances are different. Any attempt to force Harti tribes into seceding from Somalia will only end in tribal war. It will be long and nasty. What we have not two armies but civilians armed to teeth.

galbeedi   

President Farmaajo was a prime minister and have seen the foreign run Somali government before, this is his second chance as the leader not the manager. The Somali people every where have shown him a good will and support toward him. If he succeeds, the whole Somali people will succeed.

I urge OOdweyne and others to give the man a chance to help the ailing Somali people every where. In Somaliand 1.5 million people are affected by drought and food shortage, the Berbera port have been sold to corrupt gulf leaders with few shillings. They may even want to being the disastrous Yemen war to our shores. It was Hassan Sheikh who signed that agreement. It was also a corrupt politician Named Ismaaciil Buuba who took part in the distribution the financial campaign to buy people from the opposition party of Wadani.I welcome the leadership of WAdani for rejecting the deal. We Somalis are all victims of our own policies. The Somali people through the parliament has spoken loud and clear, they have given the power to a new generation of leaders who does not bow to no body but to Somali people.

Farmaajo was elected because the people are tired of relay presidency that does not cure the problems. He did not use or called tribes during his campaign. He did not attack his opponents and other candidates, in fact he ran a positive campaign that appealed to the pride and hope of the people. I was one of those who wrote him off. I thought he was not prepared money wise or the MOgadishu game, but the Somali parliamentarians had another agenda. They wanted to show people how worthy they were of the position the were occupying at this juncture of the Somali history. They did what was right. They elected a Somali nationalist .

Hassan Sheikh, may Allah protect him , has done some tangible work for the last four years and we shall thank him for every good thing he done. His constant smile and positive attitude will be missed, yet he does not cure the physiological problems Somalia have endured for twenty five years. The nation could be poor, but the pride of the people and the nation must be maintained regardless of the wealth or poverty. While we value the help of our neighbors for their help against Al-shabaab, we believe that poor , weak and corrupt nations like Burundi or Sierra leone should not be substitute for Somali national army.

This election showed democracy in action in Somalia. People around the world have watched free men and women exercise their duty without coercion and intimidation. Somalis, it is a new day and a new beginning. Certainly you could celebrate every where. We really need this one to last.

May Allah help the new president and our people every where.

Oodweyne, I guess we fundamentally disagree where the loyalty of these young people would be. In any case, I hope there's no war. I hope to see common sense prevailing. The Somali nation can't afford any protracted conflict.

YoniZ   

Congrats to president Farmajo.

Rabi hala garab galo mas'uuliyada uu dhabarka u ritay.

Although I would have preferred more cool headed person to win this election, it not secret, Farmajo captured the hearts and minds of the common men. Nomads are tired of the stupidity of their politicians, and the never ending zero sum politics. No region is exempted from that demoralizing failed politics.

He will need to differentiate between campaign rhetoric and, running this divided country. He will need to be president for all , excel the art of political pragmatism and, build consensus rather than exploit the existing disagreements.

Oodweyne, I can tell you (to my big surprise) Farmajo became past 24 hrs, the most talked man in Hargeisa. The amount of the good will from everyone I have met in the city is staggering. That might explain your apocalyptic vision and, raise up to the arms roar.