Sign in to follow this  
YoniZ

First round Victory for Somalia at the INTERNATIONAL COURT OF JUSTICE

YoniZ   

I applaud and give best gratitude to Dr Bayle (former Foreign Minister of Somalia) for his bravery in bringing this case at the ICJ.

In August 2014, I had faced from some SOL Nomads, a barrage of criticism for defending Dr Bayle's judgement in bringing this case at the ICJ. Nuune and Co, if you are still there and reading, I hate to remind you the bitterness of the old days :-) I am referring to this topic: http://www.somaliaonline.com/community/topic/somalias-high-seas-lost-to-kenya/

Looking at the substantial precedents in this kind of dispute, we will celebrate the final victory of the case in the near future IA.

Below is the decision.

In its Judgment, which is final and without appeal, the Court

(1) (a) by thirteen votes to three,

Rejects the first preliminary objection raised by the Republic of Kenya in so far as it is based on the Memorandum of Understanding of 7 April 2009;

(b) by fifteen votes to one, Rejects the first preliminary objection raised by the Republic of Kenya in so far as it is based on Part XV of the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea;

(2) by fifteen votes to one,

Rejects the second preliminary objection raised by the Republic of Kenya;

(3) by thirteen votes to three,

Finds that it has jurisdiction to entertain the Application filed by the Federal Republic of Somalia on 28 August 2014 and that the Application is admissible.

You can get the full court determination here: http://www.icj-cij.org/docket/files/161/19324.pdf

galbeedi   

YoniZ, I think we won the first round hands down.

The issue in not the EEZ (economic exclusive zone). It is about the way the boundaries are measured. After the final victory, we need a navy to enforce the law.

But first , we need to elect a tough president.

said:

YoniZ, I think we won the first round hands down.

The issue in not the EEZ (economic exclusive zone). It is about the way the boundaries are measured. After the final victory, we need a navy to enforce the law.

But first , we need to elect a tough president.

why not elect the president who defended the sea and Land from Neighbouring countries

?app=portal&sig=51bb5d0af651d7aec4a10085

^Calasow have nothing to do this. Good Somalis worked hard on this since 2009 when the Somali Parliament was forced to nullify MoU.

Hopefully, Calasow, Omar Shuluq, Sharif and Abdishakur would be resigned to oblivion, corrupt and dirty to the bone.

why do some people ignore to acknowledge the achievements of HSM ?

the gov before Hassan sheikh led by sharif ahmed,CC ,shakur sold the somalia portion of the sea for meagre 50,000 dollars and hassan defended it,he has everything to do with it,it is his gov that filed the application,lets us not put our heads in the sand.