Sign in to follow this  
galbeedi

Hassan Sheikh is losing, Shariif Ahmed has spoken and Sharmaarke is missing

galbeedi   

Former president Shariif Ahmed has taken the lead to explain his political program about the future of Somalia. He extensively criticized the unfulfilled promises of the current president , especially the security situation of the country, which is worse than when Shariif Ahmd handed him the power in 2012.

"Despite the business activities of the port and the donor money from different countries, president Hassan Sheikh was unable to pay the salaries of the Somali soldiers", claimed Shariif Ahmed. He talked about the homogeneity of the Somali language, culture and the Shaafi'i school of thought that we all share.

I think this speech showed Shariif Ahmed as honest and God fearing man who does not interested about money and corruption. The only problem is ,"most people think that he might not be able to handle Somali problems". Actually , I was watching his video clip with my wife and she said that Mr. Shariif does not look as someone who could command power ," Huuno ninkani madaxweyne uma eka"

Regardless of his look, since Hassan Sheikh has lost the trust of the people , Shariif Ahmed could seriously challenge the presidency against Cumar C. Sharmaarke.

Before 2012, Ethiopian and other used to ask permission for entering some of the border regions. Since Mr. Hassan took over, Ethiopian troops came and went as they please. They will leave a district in Hiiraan and come back after few months with another town in Bay or Hiiraan.

President Hassan thought that by giving the whole shop to foreign powers, they could assist him for re-election. The truth is politics does bot work that way. Some people thought that rather bring another novice politician to the stage , it would have been better to straighten those who have been in the fire like Hassan Sheikh. I am one of those who believe that if we trust the nation with this president with another four years , we may end up with nothing but a nation infested with hostile powers, terrorists and dysfunctional system.

Most of these leaders do not know that modern terrorism is all about. It is a covert destructive operations used by hostile foreign powers to undermined rival nations. Since they can not invade and subdue the independent and proud Somali nomad, a ruthless and merciless Wahabi cult is unleashed by our enemies. We need a leader who could face this threat and bring our people on board.

We can not waste another four years.

Now, where is Cumar C. Sharmaarke?

few months ago, prime minister Sharmaarke has promised all of us about his soon to be released political program, yet three months have passed and we did not hear from him again. So, Mr. prime minister what is going on. Who knows , maybe this idea of flying under the radar is the same old plan that elected Hassan Sheikh while everyone was speaking loud and noisy. In any case, we need to hear from this prime minister before we all decide to bet on another candidate.

I gave up on Hassan Sheikh the moment he went to Mekelle to commemorate Zenawi and TPLF. How could anyone honor the very people that destroyed your city, the country's capital nonetheless.

For Omar Abdirashid, I hope he stays wherever he is. The man has no political acumen, administrative skills or backbone to push through anything.

Some of the men running for the presidency might on personal level be honest men, but they are all beholden to foreign entities, some more than others. If I had choose anyone, I wish Farmaajo and Sheikh Sharif to make to the finals.

Ethiopia's influence seems waning a bit thanks to its own internal dissent, economic downturn, another impending famine and Westerners no longer seeing it as the bulwark against terrorism. And there's the Gulf encroachment on the Red sea and Somali coast.

And there is the Nile water issue. Uganda and South Sudan are warming to Sisi.

HSM is the best president ever,he is in the leage with presidents like thomas jafferson and churchill.the guy when he became head of state,the world didnt recognize somalia as a state.now look at the progress ,unimaginable.

all leaders vying for president has sold our sea for meagre sum of 50,000 dollars,can you believe that,CCC,SHAKUR,SHARIF,divided the money among themselves and sold the sea to kenya where hassan defended it patriotically.

i am sure 1000 percent he will be back and complete his tenure.

HSM relationshop with TPLF is based on mutual interest and you cant fault a person for safeguarding that interests.

said:

It is not as black and white as you make it.

people of borama were subjected to the worst genocide ever by ethiopia and today they are calm and have no problem with ethiopia.same with people of mogadishu,we have no ill will to ethiopia and her interests,we respect as a naighbour what ever happened in the past is in the past,now there is an adminstration in charge in mogadishu that is representive of the interests of the people and ethiopia must deal with it just as it deals with other powers in the region.

ethiopia has nothing to fear from mogadishu,we will make sure those that threatene both the interests of the nation wil be subjugated in the worst way.