Sign in to follow this  
Bluelicious

Working to Live or Living to Work?

How do you guys balance work and life? Who's a workaholic? Do you make use of your vacation days or do you exchange it for money?

I'm guilty of not using my vacation days in the past. Only done it two times never again.

Holac   

I have 3 weeks of vacation and I do sometimes buy my vacation if I don't have any big plans. I find that the best work life balance is getting good night sleep. I sleep well @ 8 or 9 hours a day. I manage to balance my studies, work and life really well.

Are you stressing out Blue? Working too hard to make lots of money? :)

Eid mubarak to you. May it be a day filled with love and joy.

No i'm not stressing out in fact i'm calm, collected and at peace. Took eid off today from work and writing you from the beach while sipping on my ice tea :)

Was just curious to know how others balance work and life. Your thoughts about it and what you guys do. I find it interesting to know how different people wind down.

Personally I find peace in solitude and nature. It's how I recharge and disconnect from the busy life. It's where I get my energy, inspiration and great ideas. That's what works for me.

In general I take good care of my mind, body and soul by adjusting my diet, sleep, spirituality and lifestyle.

Holac   

said:

In general I take good care of my mind, body and soul by adjusting spirituality.

Blue, are you familiar with Rumi's teachings? Have you ever been to Konya?

Che - What do you do now?

Mooge - The sweetheart, hello hello! Other then being tired and having painful ears from the Morrocan wedding I attended last night I'm doing great. Lesson learned: never go to a wedding during the weekdays when you have work the next day. How are you and hows life treating you?

Coofle   

I envy those work 9-5! no weekends, no nights, no oncalls and no overstaying your shift by hours to finish your work .

Because of the mentioned reasons, my work life balance is absolutely ****. The dangerously alarming thing is that I don't seek to maintain a social life nonetheless. Spending couple of hours with family in the evening before going to bed and that is, rest of my day is dominated by work. part of becoming an adult I suppose.

I start at 8 and sometimes I do overstay like the past 2 days because of a sick co-worker. As long as I get paid and compensated with other days (being free earlier on another day) it's not wasted time. Coofle everything has it's pros and cons. I would say responsible because anybody can become an adult by reaching a certain age but not every adult is responsible.

what about the work is the thing that makes you a live, problem solving, under pressure, and with this away, feel sick, can' take holiday, and sometimes see myself working during holiday.