Sign in to follow this  
galbeedi

Mogadishu is burning, and President Hassan is hidding

galbeedi   

Mogadishu is burning. The Somali capital is in chaos and it is becoming inhospitable place for Somali members of parliament, leaders and presumptive presidential candidates. For the helpless civilians in the city , death and destruction along side roads, hotels, and buildings became a normal events. The security of the capital is getting worse by the day and by the hour.

Reasonable people may disagree how to prevent a brain washed cultist seeking death and destruction. Of course no one can stop if someone is willing to die or kill himself, but states, even as weak as the Somali state , with minimal functioning security apparatus, should do extensive investigative work to prevent this thriving business or car fitting with bombs. Within two weeks two huge bombs with cars has taken place while two more were intercepted, which means dozens of garages and save houses have been set up within the city limits.

For the last two months , Al-shabaab killers followed the same formula without changing anything. Salaad Cali Jeele, a Mogadishu based politician , whom some people might laugh when he speaks , because of his native accent, had explained this extensively about the copy cut version of these constant bombs and the storming of the buildings to cause huge damage.

What has been done to prevent this?. Mr. president What ever you are doing is not working, in fact the security of the city is getting worse. The president and his government are probably preoccupied to gain the upper hand in the next election while neglecting the basic rights of the citizens for their right to live.

I do believe that this president should not be rewarded for his negligence and incompetence to provide minimal safety for the people of the Capital. No one is asking him to to bring back the Somali state or expand the reach of his administration, all we are asking is bring some kind of normalcy to the capital. No one is asking him to have state presence outside the capital , no one is asking him to help regional states to defeat the menace of Al-shabaab. All we are asking is to reduce the bombing and and find ways to stop the killing.

In 2014, when similar bombings and killings were spreading throughout the city, people demanded of his resignation and were talking about a new beginning to change the course and save the remaining two years. I was one of those who said give him another chance to redeem himself and bring security. I was wrong. Some far sighted people had already seen his short term maneuvering and political machinations to stay in power, while neglecting the most important issue of the day which was and still is security.

If you go just south east of the capital Mogadishu, the enemy is rooming freely. We know Al-shabaab has taken over Marka, in Lower Shabbeele. This is the second time in six months that the militants took over that city. The so called national army based in Shabeelaha Hoose keeps playing chicken games with Amisom and the locals to get their way. The locals are convinced that the so called national army based in Marka are nothing but a tribal militia who are hostile to the locals and the future security of the region

In 2012, when he was proclaimed as a president he said: " the most important job of my presidency will be security, security and security". The Somali people from east to west, north and south have all seen how this president had failed miserably that promise of bringing security to one single city. Then, we the people, should not reward for his incompetence. How can we give promotions for those who failed?.

For the last two months, close to 60 people have died in similar fashion of car bombing and shooting. I am not even adding the daily killing of security people and other civilians shot daily by the militants. These are the major horyfying deaths of the last 60 days. Have you ever heard the president mourn or speak loudly to reduce the the death of the innocent?. I did not. There is no use to demand resignation at this point, but we should never let him come back to preside the security and the lives of our people.

In June, 1 2016,

Militant group Al-shabaab claimed responsibility for Wednesday attack on Hotel Ambassador . So far 16 people , mostly civilians died , and 55 wounded. Two lawmakers were among them.

in June 25,

15 people were killed in Hotel Naaso Hablood . A suicide bomber detonated an explosives-laden vehicle at the gate of a hotel in Somalia's capital, Mogadishu, which was followed by a second explosion with attackers fighting their way inside the building.

July, 26 2016

Suicide bombers killed at least 13 people at the gates of the African Union's main peacekeeping base in the Somali capital . The force of the bombings shattered windows at Mogadishu's nearby airport, showered arriving passengers with glass and forced the suspension of flights, police and witnesses said.

July,31 2016

At least 10 people have been killed including four attackers in an assault on Somalia;s Criminal Investigation Department (CID). Al-shabaab claimed responsibility after two suicide car bombs struck the gates of the CID headquarters in Mogadishu before at least two gunmen stormed the building.

Well, no one should be watching this daily bombings.

How long do we have to watch to this incompetence?. Are the citizens of the capital decided to aid Al-shabaab?, or this is some kind of a campaign to intimidate those who are seeking change?. I do not know what is going on.

Johnny B   

In an ideal world, you'd be telling us the amazing tactics of the Northern clan militia of "Somaliland" and how they keep the "Awdelites" unlike the "Khatomites"at bay without terrorizing the people.

Stockholm syndrome ?

poor written,just 4 years ago,it was battle ground,now thanks to heroic somali army and AMISOM it is having the best time for security,thanks to both that made the situation ripe for bussiness and investment,the amount of bussiness,investment,enjoyment overshadows few raids there and there by civilian killers murtad groups of takfiri-alshabb terrorists.i hope 2017 will be the year the full responsibility is relegated to the army and paid well and on time,and we are seening positive results so far.we owe uganda this great sacrifice.

daish groups are bloodlust and are willing to sacrifice themselves for their GOD Shaytan,but they are failing massively.

galbeedi   

Well, Mr. Jonny,

The Awdalites have decided not to wage war after 25 years of peace. Who I am ( I double double coffee sipping from the diaspora) to tell them otherwise. Ma rabaan in ay qaxaan.

I do not think Khaatumo and Cali khaliif has the answers. Fighting Somaliland and rejecting Puntland does not work. They should choose one way or the other.

Mida kale ha israacdo haddaynu nidhi , ma haboona in aan hadana dagaal ku dhaqaaqno.

the main issue is some southern boys like Jonny B does not appreciate us criticizing the federal government. They think they own the state and the capital. My friend , it is our country and will speak louder to shed light on the incompetence of the leader to save lives.

Assad, Al-shabaab is well and alive. only Somalis could eliminate, not Ethiopians, Kenyans or others. It is the duty of every nation to clean it's mess.

Barwaaqo   

Galbeedi

Soowtan golihiinii naaq daayey? oo heedhe tolow ma waxa u sabab ah Somalilndtaa duushay? Baryahan warar qurux badan aya jira'e ma lays diidsiinayaa wararka quruxda badan?