Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Uprising in Gondar

galbeedi   

Che said " Let the sh!t hit the roof".

Fear is what keeps dictators to power and it seems to be disappearing. Ethiopia may crumble within few months or a year. The Tigre will loot the banks and the economy will collapse.

If I ware Hassan Sheekh , I would demand their soldiers to leave the country soon. We do not want their mess to reach us.

galbeedi   

The Ahmara demonstration in Gondar reached Addis . They smelled the freedom. Nothing is more stronger than ethnic hatred. 3 million Tigray want to control 80 million. I don't know how long will that last.

I think there are other demos this weekend. This might be nationwide, or at least in Amhara and Oromo regions.

TPLF sewed the seeds of Ethiopia's destruction. They kept it alive in order to milk it as long as they can. No wonder they insisted on article 39.

p.s. Amhara are armed unlike Oromo civilians. And unlike in the past, Amhara are finally defining themselves more of Amhara than Ethiopian. I think they are sensing the fall of Ethiopia will not see them return to power.

p.s.s I don't see Hassan Sheikh doing that.

Restricted Travel in Oromia Region

The U.S. Embassy is monitoring recent social media reports of planned protests and demonstrations in the Oromia region this coming weekend of August 6-7, 2016. The disseminated messages call for protests at all district and zonal level capitals across Oromia.

The U.S. Embassy is restricting all personal travel by U.S. Chief of Mission employees in Oromia through August 7, 2016. The U.S. Embassy anticipates that communications such as cellphone and internet could be disabled. Travelers should anticipate traffic restrictions on main roads outside of major cities in Oromia due to road closures and gatherings, and an increased presence of federal police.

The U.S. Embassy advises all U.S. Citizens traveling within the region to review your personal security plans; remain aware of your surroundings, including local events; avoid large gatherings and demonstrations and monitor local news stations for updates. We also advise everyone to maintain a high level of vigilance and take appropriate steps to enhance your personal security and follow instructions of local authorities.

In the Oromia region, numerous protests have materialized with little to no prior knowledge. Regardless of where U.S. Citizens are traveling to, everyone should increase their level of situational awareness, continuously assess their surroundings, and evaluate their personal level of safety and avoid demonstrations or large gatherings.

http://ethiopia.usembassy.gov/messages/emergency-and-security-messages-for-u/security-message-for-u.s.-citizens-restricted-travel-in-oromia-region-august-05-2016

galbeedi   

As you pointed the Amhara have given up ruling again or dominating Ethiopia. Ten years ago in 2005, they tried to storm the palace with hundreds of thousands of demonstrators, and Meles was almost pushed out. t he used live bullets and killed dozens of civilians in the capital. Finally he crushed them. Also, the invasion Somalia in 2006, helped him consolidation power.

The Ahmara do not like the Ethiopia of today, where every ethnic group is it's own nation with their own region and boundaries. They could only make noise in Gondar or their own region. The power of the 40 million Oromo is increasing , and it seems the time has come for northern highlanders to go back to their original home.

By insisting to article 39 ( the right of ethnic nations to secede from the federal Ethiopia), the Tigray ruling class will disband Ethiopia rather than give the power to Ahmara. The Ahmara's have given up of their dream of bringing the old Ethiopia , so they settled to revive their ethnic nation. Mekelle, the Tigray capital

have been preparing for this for a long time.

If the dissolution comes, as expected by all, the Somali region of Ethiopia will be the biggest winner of all. We own a quarter of the current Ethiopia territories ,and all the oil and other minerals.

Cabdi Cumar ( Iley), could take out the Somali region easily. He already have a 50,000 strong paramilitary forces who could control the borders and keep the Oromo or Ahmara anarchy out of the Somali region. I hope he is prepared for the future collapse of Ethiopia.

Iley is a criminal, not even his clan would support him as most of his victims are from his clan. He is simply too faithful to the Woyanes. The Liyu is also being used to kill other ethnic groups. That are being shipped to Amhara along with Agazi forces.

The best hope for Somalis is for ONLF to take charge but make the process inclusive. Otherwise, we will be looking at another Somali civil war especially if Ethiopia implodes. The whole region might simply burn.

galbeedi   

ONLF does not have the means to rule the whole country. It is one clan entity that is making noise in their own villages and rural area. They changed even the name of the region to " Ogadenia" to suit their clan agenda. Everyone else calls Western Somalia( Somali Galbeed).

Of course Cabdi Iley is a ruthless ruler who murdered everyone regardless of their tribe , but I will rather prefer a tough dictator than a bunch of backward tribal anarchist who do not have the means and the organizational skills to rule .

Believe me there are millions of other Somalis who inhabit from Dire-Dawa to Wajaale and between jigjiga and if the Wayane leaves after the collapse of Ethiopia , it could be worse than Somalia. Could you imagine the USC trying to rule Garoowe, Boosaaso, Hargeisa and Borama by force , no It is impossible. Well, ONLF trying to rule the whole region is almost similar scenario. Premature take over of power by one group will create a civil war.

So in order to keep the Zone 5 from tribal fragmentation, l will prefer Cabdi Iley to keep the power in the early stages and slowly transition to new government. I would not even rush for early transfer of power from him, it should take two to five years before the a new system is implemented.

Finally, before the Wayane's leaves power, they will cook the civil war between the Oromo and ahmara and others. They will leave the disaster behind and retreat to Tigray.

galbeedi   

A Somali friend of mine who have an extended family in F..........y, north west of Jijiga , told me today that all buses and car travel from Dire-dawa, Harar and Nazret to Addis were cancelled. Only airline travel is allowed. Youth between 12 years and up have been rounded up in Oromia region close to the capital. the Tigray are panicking like never before and these youths unlike their for fathers are fearless. They are facing the Tigray paramilitary with stones .

He said, when he visited Ethiopia two years ago, he personally have seen the Wayaane strategy. His family wanted to replace the Khat growing farm with coffee beans and to achieve that goal He traveled to the coffee growing highland to get some good seeds. while in the north , out of curiosity , he did visit Mekelle, the capital city of the Tigray region. He said , the city he visited was not different like any other developed city in the western world. " In down town Mekelle, you could find regional banks, insurance brokers and real state companies with glass windows and brick walls" ,he continued, " that is when I realized their future plan of Tigray homeland.

Despite all of this , he believes the Tigray will bring the Oromo closer and crush the Ahmara in the short term.

Anyway, the artificial Abyssinia created on the back many ethnic groups has reached the end game. Just like former Yugoslavia , it should disintegrate . It should have happened in 1991, but we Somalis screwed up that chance.

Galbeedi, Iley has simply wronged too many people and his militia is not loyal force.

The regions that you mentioned belong to D!r tribes, do they have any political establishment or resistance movement? Whether we like or not, the ONLF will not be sidelined.

It is my hope tribes realize the importance of the moment and seize this opportunity. We don't come under Oromo rule either.

You are right that Tigray will side with Oromo in order to keep the lands that appropriated from Amhara. Many people were killed today, specially outside of Addis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1itAaduWYQ&feature=youtu.be

Your friend is right, Woyanes looted the country in order to enrich themselves and build Tigray. They are getting ready for the inevitable.

Glad to hear his family wants to change their money crop:-)

galbeedi   

Che, so far those D....r regions did not raise a finger for any resistance. In Awdal bordering region, we used to have Horyaal movement , but it disappeared in 1992. Since then , other than ONLF , no other Somali group has resisted. Yes the ONLF fought and paid a lot for their resistance . in fact , if there is any group deserving credit for resistance and fighting the Wayaane , it is ONLF. Calling them Anarchist is probably a wrong adjective. As a friend of the movement , I am allowed to criticize.

They are still in the trenches fighting, but , their fighting force is not their anymore. Most of their bases inside Somalia, especially in Dollow and Jubba area was destroyed by Al-shabaab under the leadership of Ahmed Godane. They crushed the largest ONLF forces in Jubba on behalf of Ethiopia. Now I know how Al-shabaab was foreign agent to weaken the resistance. The remaining forces joined Ahmed Madoobe's Raaskaanbooni militia. Less than couple of hundreds are waging hit and run.

I know the ONLF because I used to pay the monthly dues for years. What ever is left today could not control the whole Zone 5.

On the other hand , we Somalis should take hard lesson about the collapse of the Somali state and the tribal movements that fought the unending civil war. So we may not like Cabdi Illey, but he is the closest to an organized state with trained security forces that could keep the Country together. If you open the tribal bands , soon you will see everyone coming up with his own alphabetical guerrilla movement and disaster will follow.

My friend some times we must swallow tough medicine for the greater good.

galbeedi   

Today Toronto area Member of parliament Ahmed Huseen was in town to meet and greet the community, and I went there to participate. It was informative and well. I wish Somali politicians were like him . He is an energetic man , who made us all proud the way he engaged the community.

So when I got there , I saw the ONLF chairman of the Canadian branch. Following my conversation with Che, I immediately sought to engage him and started talking about the coming collapse of the Wayaane and the future of " Sommaaali Galbeed". I knew that he hates Cabdi Illey, but just to see his reaction , I said " Waar wadankii wuu dumayaaye, Ninkii Cabdi Illey aynu fariin gaadhsiino si uu dalka u qabto".

He said " we sent a message to the people of the region and told them to get ready to control their country with help of the resistance". As expected, he said they will hang Cabdi Illey for his crimes. He just pronounced the usual hard line of typical Somali " Jabhad", so we said good by's and proceeded to the vent.

How much authority do the traditional leaders enjoy in the region. I know the Woyanes have done everything to dismantle this institution.

In any case, reports coming from Amhara, locals are openly confronting Tigria forces in Gondar, many deaths have been reported.

The regime is locking many people in Oromia and executing them with impunity, but the kids are not backing down, Phones, internet and electricity are down.