Sign in to follow this  
Mooge

Oroma invasion of Somaliland - Video

I like the ominous music. This is fear-mongering!

There are several things here:

1. Somalis are not innovators hence no one can come with any ideas that will result in good jobs. We rather build ugly hotels and brag ngo funded projects.

2. If you are too proud to do menial jobs, let's not complain about those who are willing to do it.

3. There is NO real Somali Government in the Horn that has control of its borders and proper immigration policies.

4. There is no government that can formulate and implement social and economic policies that will trigger prosperity.

5, What we have a click of mafia businessmen, so called wadaado class, sleazy politicians and oday dhaqmadeed that are sucking life out of everything. The youth and our women have no say.

6. As long as the youth and women continue being docile, nothing will change in any Somali territory.

7. Relationships with foreign countries will be one sided.

In any case, the flow of the Oromo will continue, it is also happening in Puntland and lesser extent in the South.

The answer to this problem will be complicated, but it needs courageous leaders and a public willing to fight for its future.

That said, the Horn of Africa is powderkeg waiting to explode, It is only a matter of time before Woyane are eliminated as political force. They have made the mistake of awakening the sense of ethnic identity.

Tallaabo   

This video looks like and sounds like the anti-Semitic propaganda of Nazi Germany in the 1930s. The Oromos and Jaarso (whatever they are) are just desperately poor people who had to leave their land and villages to make ends meet. They are not sophisticated enough to be having hidden agenda such as the one this preposterous video is suggesting. Moreover, the people we are talking about are Muslim like us and therefore we should not slander them in anyway or form.

Tallaabo   

said:

I like the ominous music. This is fear-mongering!

There are several things here:

1. Somalis are not innovators hence no one can come with any ideas that will result in good jobs. We rather build ugly hotels and brag ngo funded projects.

2. If you are too proud to do menial jobs, let's not complain about those who are willing to do it.

3. There is NO real Somali Government in the Horn that has control of its borders and proper immigration policies.

4. There is no government that can formulate and implement social and economic policies that will trigger prosperity.

5, What we have a click of mafia businessmen, so called wadaado class, sleazy politicians and oday dhaqmadeed that are sucking life out of everything. The youth and our women have no say.

6. As long as the youth and women continue being docile, nothing will change in any Somali territory.

7. Relationships with foreign countries will be one sided.

In any case, the flow of the Oromo will continue, it is also happening in Puntland and lesser extent in the South.

The answer to this problem will be complicated, but it needs courageous leaders and a public willing to fight for its future.

That said, the Horn of Africa is powderkeg waiting to explode, It is only a matter of time before Woyane are eliminated as political force. They have made the mistake of awakening the sense of ethnic identity.

I co-sign

YoniZ   

said:

Who are the Jaarso?

Che,

According to the Kacaan propaganda in the late 70s, Jaarso waa niman Soomaaliyeed oo Caruuso ah. They are the closest Oroma to Somalis in terms of geography(Hararghe), and physical looks. They can pick the Somali and speak it in very short time. That is why the Kacaan folks had a policy of making Caruuso part and parcel of Somalia.

Galbeedi may have more info in that field :)

By the way, you have made very serious points about the situation of the Nomads where ever they are today. The dollar grabbing holy grain of the Gardhcas, Gar-dheere and the Gurbiste (siyaasi) is the bedrock of all failures.

The worst sort of xenophobes, in my opinion, are the less fortunate sheep in a particular herd, who find it convenient to blame all their misfortunes and troubles on those sheep who are not members of the very same herd.

There is nothing sinister about these opportunity seeking migrants into Somalia.

Surprising as it may seem-- they've come to Somalia to improve their lot in life, whilst we Somalis are dying in the seas, trying to do the same in our attempts to migrate to Europe.

Allah(SWT) has said "fantashiru fil ardhi"... so good luck trying to stop what has effectively been going on for ages.

Saalax   

What matters is Hargeisa security in long-term . If you go to

Hargeisa you will see too many street children (a large part

of them Oromos) what do you think will happen when those

kids become over 18? They will become dangerous criminals

with no regard to public safety. Burco in comparison is very local

and has better security since it hasn't been effected by the Oromo invasion.

Coofle   

Oromo are driven to somaliland for variety of reasons,fleeing political prosecution, economic migration! Etc. Somalilanders were and still are nothing but welcoming with their meagre limited means and is to be commended as pure gobanimo.

Unfortunately,there has been an alarming trend of growing xenophobia perpetuated by some wadaads (whom forgotten the muhaajiriin and ansaar story) and politicians bent on misleading the public from issues that actually matter to them such as widespread corruption,nepotism,unemployment etc to the regular fearmongering of qaxootiga etc.

We are a nation of beggers (bilaadul wax i sii) and if we cant build our forsaken plot of land then a more deserving peoples will do, it is the sunnah of life.

The supposed 'oromo takeover' is an ugly scapegoating and I am really surprised many are falling for it.I wouldnt mind hardworking decent oromos to live and prosper in somaliland, afterall as I mentioned in another thread somaliland needs immigration and population growth.This would fuel job creation,expanding population brings more demand which in turn creates supply and thus drives economy in the right direction.

It's sad when the so called "Culuma" are the ones spreading hatred. Look at this Sheikh in Bosaso and how misleading his message is. No fact-checking whatsoever and people just take his words for the truth.

I am all for the Oromos to take over this forsaken land we call home. Hell with it, If you can't use it lose it!

Gheelle.T, let's think of solutions and not continuing being self destructive , besides Oromos are not any better than us.

It seems most of solers are not xenophobes. Now, considering qabyaalad is a form of xenophobia, perhaps we can work on that too:-)

Samafal   

I can't understand how WE of all people can be xenophobes. We travelled far and wide and experienced first hand racism and xenophobia and then at home we take it on poor people?

Sheik Dahir is great Sheikh and I can understand his concerns but where is the Daawah of when you see Munkar you stop by whatever way you can rather than calling a deportation of poor largely muslim Oromos? Are we becoming Saudi Arabia that deports people like animals?

YoniZ   

I wonder if Oramas are looked in suspision more than someone from Jareerweyn in Hargeisa/Bosaso.

Charity starts home.

Somalis need to tolerate one another first. Then we can have tolerance and respect for other humans.

I think most Somalis take this xenophobic attitude from the neighboring GULF countries, we have so much in common, not just the religion. and I am really surprised it is the so called Wadaads leading this fear.

This idi0t recording the video may himself has been once like OROMOs refugee, unwanted in Europe or America, the same way many of our YOUTH are flocking in TURKEY/Greece, Eurrope and now returned and advocating for xenophobic fear.

I honestly believe these people have no harm, this guy along with many SLs says Somaliland has 4 million, Puntland claims to be 3.5 million, while Somalia is just 12 million, it does not add up.

And most Somalis, for example in Somaliland and even in Puntland, are really forgetting and not thinking outside the box, The somali FEDERAL constitution says, any refugee, migrant living in Somalia for 5 years, can become Somali citizen,.

The answer is to make these hardworking, young, healthy, driving the economy,ambitious people naturalized SOMALI citizens.

This idea to give citizens to Oromos or Somali Aaboo, is not new, The Kacaan introduced the SOMALI abaabo in 1977 war, ,and it was away increase population, and defeat the enemy.

People are asset, you don't turn away, and with them being fluent in SOMALI and pass citizenship test, and fulfill the legal requirements of being resident for over 5 years, and affirmation and allegiance to the SOMALI NATION and people.

You turn it upside down, this can be a leverage against even Ethiopians, of course this is done with proper check and vetting.