Sign in to follow this  
Saalax

Oromos hired to vote for Muuse Biixi refuse to register and it backfires

Saalax   

How can they be allowed to register? I think this is

dangerous and can lead to a civil war. All non

natives should be deported if they try to vote.

Daawo:Oromadii Muuse Biixi ku soo ururiyey Hargeysa si ay kaadhka Codbixinta u qaatan oo qaadacay markii uu farogeliyey saldanada Gabiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=23&v=mKtJgeAlG4E

https://qarannews.com/daawooromadii-muuse-biixi-ku-soo-ururiyey-hargeysa-si-ay-kaadhka-codbixinta-u-qaatan-oo-qaadacay-markii-uu-farogeliyey-saldanada-subeer-awal/

Coofle   

All non

natives should be deported if they try to vote.

Many of the "non-natives" you described have acquired somaliland citizenship and have full rights to vote..

Throwing xenophobic and bigoted comments is to be condemned profusely.

Many Oromo-somalilanders are fully integrated and practice their full voting rights,will you deport them?????

This appears to be a propaganda video where the man is asked to speak in oromo and doesnt represent the Oromo-somalilanders.

Saalax   

When did they acquire Somaliland citizenship? Somaliland

citizenship is not a piece of cake that can be given to anyone,

what is next we will give citizenship to the Yemeni refugees.

Oromo mercenaries belong in Ethiopia and will not be allowed

to vote for Muuse Bixi.

Naga kala yareeya dee bahasha! Awalba duriyadda iyo reer Awdal unba vote-gareyn jiray, what's with this citizenship nonsense. Oromos are your distant cousin why can't you accommodate them?

Coofle   

Ofcourse, there is already a considerable yemeni-somalilander community,they were and still are a contributing force in the somaliland communities they joined,same as our oromo brethren. As long as they fulfill the somaliland citizenship criteria they have full rights as any other citizen...saalax dee waa hadii sidii dal dimuqraadi ah oo shuruucda tix galiya loo dhaqmayo,hadii kale waa maamul beeloodyo is gaashaan-buuraystay markaa labadaas mid uun baan mid noqonaynaa.

"Xaguun labada daarood ku daran, ha is xakamin meele" waa halkii Ismaaciil Mire.

Somaliland needs diversity and skilled migration,we could attract the syrian and yemeni refugees as they would come with skills much needed in agriculture,healthcare etc. In return somaliland could provide them with safety and opportunities to build new lives.

Coofle   

About the voting issue..non beelaha dhexe,awdalite or eastern clan affliated voters could be the elixer somaliland politics needs to get rid of tribal politics. Waaba daawadii sunta qabyaalada lagaga xadhaadhayn lahaa siyaasada somaliland.having a group of voters who doesn't care about tribe but your policies can persuade politicians to do some effort at lease rather than the rampant complaceny that crippled them.

Politics will then advance to the next level,one of personal interest and policy. The voter will ask which politician and policies are with line with my personal aspirations,rather than "tolnimo" oriented politics we now indulge in.

Disclaimer:I do not support muuse biixi nor do I encourage the practice of fraud in the electoral process.

Coofle   

@che .. sadly,its true and it is a testimony of our hypocricy, we are running qabiil city states not a country.hadii kale saalax will prove me wrong. I believe oromo-somalilanders will vote for a man of qodaal not that of hawd iyo bari lol

Tallaabo   

said:

@che .. sadly,its true and it is a testimony of our hypocricy, we are running qabiil city states not a country.hadii kale saalax will prove me wrong. I believe oromo-somalilanders will vote for a man of qodaal not that of hawd iyo bari lol

Being an independent democratic state and being tribal are not mutually exclusive. Every country has the right to set its own immigration and citizenship politicies and Somaliland is not any different. The Gulf states, Korea, Japan, and a lot of other countries are just as tribal in their immigration policies as Somaliland is so your argument has no merit whatsoever.

I do agree with you though about the positive impact diversity would have on our politics and development if we had a larger immigrant communities with the right to vote.

Haatu   

Oromada ha la raafaan maqli jirayee, dhalashada ha la siiyo miyey maanta maraysaa?

Wanting a strict immigration policy doesn't make you xenophobic, it's just common sense when you're neighbours with a country of 90 million desperate for a coastline.

Holac   

Somaliland should restrict Oromo influx and let in only few needed cleaners and low labor bodies. Don't let your land overtaken by a much more "fertile" clan. You are playing with fire, Somalilanders.