Sign in to follow this  
Saalax

Sheikh Adan Siro: Silanyo selling local girls to a Scottish guy in Hargeisa

Coofle   

I would take whatever sheikh adan says with a pinch of salt.

Ninkan uu sheegayo se sharci miyuu jabiyay? maxaa cadayn lagu hayaa?

Disclaimer:I hold utmost respect for religious teachings and cultural norms.

Coofle   

@saalax

Prostitution is illegal in somaliland,yet such things are persued by some local individuals,undeniably. If we look to the matter from legal point of view,without hard evidence any accusations can be counter-accused for being an act of defamation.From religious point of view,proving an illegitimate of intercourse(zina) is an exhaustive process requiring the testimony of four male adults who witnessed the act of penetration,a confession or pregnancy.The presumed witnnesses the sheikh quoted fulfill nor the criteria neither do the provide evidence.The only crime -by a stretch- that can be summoned is that of khulwa in a sheikh dirir court,because I dont recall it being against the law.

The succeeding remarks about "gaaladu kuwooga nolosha ka dhacay ayay noo soo diraan" reminds me of the far-right european remarks about the destitute syrian refugees being terrorists etc.

Despite a minority many of the western expatriates in somaliland are to say the least educated average citizens in their home countries, aid workers,doctors,nurses,teachers etc. An exception might be the "security personnel" or mercenaries that are rife in the mogadisho.

Sheekhana jazaahu Allahu kulla khayr caafimaad iyo cimri dhererna ha ugu deeqo.

Holac   

This is a scandal. It needs to be investigated.

What the Sheikh is saying is not far from the truth because foreigners are known to ask for young Somali girls through fataals whenever they set foot in the country.