Sign in to follow this  
galbeedi

The $ 58 million kick back from Japan and Damujadiid.

galbeedi   

Last week a well informed source from Calgary , Alberta told me about an impasse between President Hassan Sheekh Mohamud and the minister of Posts and Telecommunications, Mr. Guuleed Xuseen C/qadir Qasim. Any Professional journalists usually checks the veracity of the resources and then immediately publishes the scoop they have uncovered. I knew the story was true , but since I am not a journalist , I did not want to embrace or undermine the poor minister who was fighting to do the right thing. I swear to God he even told me that the General Gabre sponsored minister who suppose to be taking over his position Mr. Mursal, the new minister of telecommunication.

According to him, the Japanese government has acquired the rights to install telephone and internet throughout Somalia . It is not the first time Japan has built telephone infrastructure in Somalia, especially in Mogadishu. In the late eighties modern pay phones and phone lines were started by that government in a European financed project. After the collapse of the state most of fiber optics and copper made transmitting lines were uprooted and sold off to gulf sates by the warlords and other connected anarchists.

The Japanese deal to build modern, state of the art underground telephone lines, and other communication infrastructure is welcomed by most Somalis . It is a welcome news to attract a first world technologically advanced nation of Japan to build any thing . even with the lack of huge investment, Somali telephone rates are one of the cheapest around the world.

The crest of the matter is the way this deal is awarded and negotiated. Former broadcasting minister Mr. C/laahi Ciilmooge who is from Jubba region headed the contract negotiating team. To show the importance of the deal and quicken the process , he even took President Hassan to Japan for the last stages of the process. Unfortunately , the constant shuffling of the Prime minister and ministers eliminated Mr. Ciilmooge to sign the final deal. To fill that position, a young professional from the diaspora , who also hails from Jubba region , became the new minister of the enhanced ministry of Posts and Telecommunications. The young minister was the son of former Somali minister Huseen C/qadir Qasim. Having spent the last twenty some years in a productive and clean life, he is reported to be among the decent Somalis who were trying to contribute for the restoration of Somalia.

In order to a have complete monopoly of Somali telecommunications industry the Japanese were asked to pay a kick pack worth $58 million dollars. According to the minister, the Japanese added these illegal $ 58 million bribe to the cost of their services which multiplies the basic telephone services of the country. The minister objected this inflated price tag. According to the minister himself, President Hassan asked him to sign the deal , take his share or be fired from the position. The President was furious that a young man who joined the government lately will undermine a huge deal which will award him and his cronies millions. He told him , " Adeer qaybtaada qaado oo saxiix , hawshani muddo ayey soo socotee, haddii aad diidana saxiixa wareeji". Well , he refused and within days his replacement was arranged. They were just waiting before the weak lame duck prime minister comes from the foreign trip.

http://jubalandnews24.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Guuleed-Xuseen-Qaasim-300x226.jpg

This so called " Islaax, Akhwaan , Damujadiid or whatever name you call them, are one of the most corrupt punch in the Somali corruption history. With leas than four years, they amassed millions of kick backs and bribes while soldiers are without pay. Before we replace them , they might even sell the whole country.

Mooge   

niyoow, Galbeedi thanks for the information. like you said, we have never ever seen anything like this in our lives. corruption used to be discreet and politicians used to feel little uneasy with it. niyoow for the first time in our lives, we have a man (qoslaye) who demands to be paid cash infornt of people and never ever feels shame about it or any sympathy for the millions of somalis who are struggling trying to make ends meet but never succeed. i don't know how to describe it niyoow, but people who used to have high hopes of somalia have given up. i don't blame them after seeing this terrible trend of open robbery started by qoslaye.

we are doomed niyoow. we will be in this situation for a long long time.

Coofle   

Even if this turns out to be 100% true,it wouldn't shock me and that is the sad part. We live in a society where when oneself is appointed to some governmental post his closest friends and family will hint "war intaad meesha joogto wax ka qabso". every country gets the government it deserves,that is the sunnah of life. ‏ان الله لايغير ما بقوم حتى يغيروا ما بأنفسهم‏.

I never had hope for qoslaaye from day uno and as bold as it might sound I believed the country might have had better shot with sh.sharif.The ways qoslaaye came to power is amble with corruption and bribery,therefore,no reason to expect him to change his ways.

Dalka dhalintiisa so kacaysa ha loogu duceeyo,ee aan ka midka nahay lol.

old news different actors,corruption is not limited to somalia and corruption worth of billions of dollars are uncovered in african states what makes you think somalia is different?

but it is good thing we are talking about corruption etc few years ago we were discussing genocide,massacre,human organ trade etc now situation is improving.next lets talk about malaria prevention

galbeedi   

Brother Asad, unchecked corruption and the looting of the public purse was what destroyed Somalia. Before the collapse of the state , there were corruption, nepotism and disregard of the rule of law that paved the way for all the other evil that came after including the genocide you are talking about.

Did you ever heard about " Booli Qaran" back in the days, or you might be a young millennial. Young man do not take these things lightly.

Coofle , Shariif Ahmed was a good man who faced a difficult situation created by his friends " The Islamic courts". His biggest strength was that he was not immersed in the tribal politics . Imagine, his chief of staff was from Galdogob; his army chief was Dhaganadan from Xeraale , Galgaduud; his police chief was from Gedo and his spokesman was from Sool. He was national leader who thrown in the spot light. He never expected to be the President yet , he did his best under the circumstances.

Amin Amir said , Sheekh Shariif waxuu dhahay " aniga Dabagaale Ayaan Dabin U Dhigtay , Maroodi Ayaana iigu Soo Dhacay".

Damjadiid boys think they can maneuver under the radar and enrich themselves while we are all preoccupied about security and Al-Shabaab. Mr. President we are watching and history will judge you.

Not surprised at all, Corruption is the norm in Somalia, and I agree there are tiny minority with self respect, and against this evil.

As long as majority of Leaders, Mps, Citizens are corrupt, there is a little hope, and agree with Mooge, it will be decades before we see a fix.

That is why I always believe a kinda of revolution, like 21st of October, with right people is needed. it is ripe!

galbeedi   

Of course Kacaan cusub oo Buluugle ah Ayaan u Baahan nahay.

I jiid aan ku jiide , ma shaqaynayso. Soomaalidu way daashay.

We have to rise up and take our country back. how many more years we have to wait.