Koran, Torah, Gospels

Prescribe their laws…

Lies at every generation

That one hastens to believe and record.

Will a generation distinguish itself, one day,

By pursuing the truth?

There are two types of people on Earth:

Those who have reason without religion,

And those who have religion but lack reason.

Those men are rushing towards decomposition,

All religions are equally strayed.

If one asks me, what is my doctrine,

It is clear:

Am I not, like others,

An imbecile?

Tallaabo   

There are three types of people not just two as the peom indicated. The third and most important type of people are those who possess both faith and reason. This group is the rightly guided and will be the successful.

Yeah, Che ka dheerow Xabad, otherwise you know, you'll be singing from same hymn sheet: run for your life (sorry Xabad walal just joking)

Seriously, I don't want us to stray from our beautiful and full of reason Islam, but we seem to have lost the critical mind in our masses, and that partially is to blame for the malaise in the nation today.

We have sort of become people that don't question, and anyone that questions is frowned on!

Btw, is this the poet that Saudi released from prison recently?

Wallaahi, Islam is a deen that demands reasoning despite its practitioners, mostly.

xabad   

said:

Yeah, Che ka dheerow Xabad, otherwise you know, you'll be singing from same hymn sheet: run for your life (sorry Xabad walal just joking)

Seriously, I don't want us to stray from our beautiful and full of reason Islam, but we seem to have lost the critical mind in our masses, and that partially is to blame for the malaise in the nation today.

We have sort of become people that don't question, and anyone that questions is frowned on!

:D Maskiin, he is an adult, why shush him away from debate. I guess you all like one side of the story. Let us all use our critical reasoning faculties and make the best decisions on the merits and demerits of a case instead of censoring and willful blindness. That is all i am asking, Dhagaxyahow.

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is.

~~ Winston Churchill

xabad   

said:

Wallaahi, Islam is a deen that demands reasoning despite its practitioners, mostly.

:D :D :D

So patently false, one can just chuckle wallaahi.

xabad   

Che

Good find. I already knew of Ma'ari. Read an article on him by BBC News two days a go. Al Nusra beheaded his statue.

Poems are best read in their original language. The English translation doesn't do it service, just conveys a general translation without the beauty and meter.

Miyir   

i have most of his writing, a great philosopher and humanitarian no wonder beardos hate him.

Xabad

He was vegetarian and never married too lol your hero.

xabad   

said:

i have most of his writing, a great philosopher and humanitarian no wonder beardos hate him.

Xabad

He was
vegetarian
and
never married
too lol your hero.

Is there anything wrong with that ?

Profile photo of xabad

XABAD

BLOGGER

@Dhagax-Tuur said:

? ? ?

So patently false, one can just chuckle wallaahi.

Chuckle all you like, but minds more intelligent and widely read than most have accepted this fact. The Quran is the thinking man's source of wisdom and guidance, and I am not having a go at you. I'm secretly hopeful that ONE day you might the 'qadaf' of your thoughts. Balaayaa West na keentay! Anyway have a good day, night or whatever everyone