Sign in to follow this  
Bluelicious

Forget Prozac – Try Probiotics to Ease Anxiety, Curb Depression and Elevate Mood

Mooge   

Blue, how does one nurture a really smart child in Africa? my little brother is amazing with numbers and most teachers think he is not a human being. he is 7 years old and he started developing sleep problems last year. being very smart is good now, but we think that if he doesn’t get the attention he needs he will have emotional problems in life. my older sister suggested we send him to America, but he loves here in Kenya.

thank you. i know this is outside of you topic, but would like to hear your thoughts blue.

Thanks Mooge :)

Mashallah for the intelligence of your lil bro.

If he's good at math and likes it you could try to further develop his skill by signing him up for an after school activity or special math programs for kids. I don't know what Kenyan school systems have to offer in terms of after school activities.

Mooge as long as he feels heared and acknowledged by you and the rest of the family he will be fine and flourish as a individual. Just make sure that you listen to whatever he has to say and always communicate with him, ask him about school, day activities, friends, play with him by doing activities and spending time with him, always take him serious, validate his feelings and emotions. Children are easy to please lol :)

Very good that you recognise the dangers of emotional neglect on a child when it becomes an adult and wanting to prevent it. You're a loving caring brother seeing how you're worried about his emotional needs and want to fulfull it.

Can you elaborate about the sleep problems? Do you mean it's because of school and his intelligence?