Sign in to follow this  
Bluelicious

Forget Prozac – Try Probiotics to Ease Anxiety, Curb Depression and Elevate Mood

Xabad I did extensive research on probiotics before I bought one. I settled for Dr. Mercola Complete probiotics it's the best out there in the market. It has the highest probiotics 70 billion CFU and high amount of 10 bacterial strains. It's also bile and acid resistant, has prebiotics and is sustainable against extreme weather conditions. So far i've got good experience with it.

Read all about it: probiotics.mercola.com/probiotics.html

Ps; He now has a newer version out that contains 100 billion CFU.

Xabad I did extensive research on probiotics before I bought one. I settled for Dr. Mercola Complete probiotics it's the best out there in the market. It has the highest probiotics 70 billion CFU and high amount of 10 bacterial strains. It's also bile and acid resistant, has prebiotics and is sustainable against extreme weather conditions. So far i've got good experience with it.

Read all about it on mercola.com under probiotics.

Ps; He now has a newer version out that contains 100 billion CFU.

xabad   

^ Che, i am always willing to help fellow nomads.

Have you thought of at least going on a holiday back home ?

said:

Is there anything on insomnia? I just cannot fall sleep that easily.

Yes there is. Sorry to hear that Che but the good thing is you can do something about it.

Insomnia is the cause of having poor gut health which as a result gives you the things that Xabads article is describing and that further worsens the gut problem and that further creates more health issues. Basically it's a vicious cycle. The good thing is it's not a permanent state. You can change it by eating the right foods which fix the cause and therefore fix the problem. Let food be the medicine and medicine be the food.

You need to incorporate more magnesium rich foods in your diet because magnesium is the main regulator of sleep. The sleep hormone melatonin needs magnesium to function properly and if you're deficient that cycle gets disrupted. You increase magnesium which in turn increases melatonin and in turn makes you fall asleep faster and in a deeper sleeping fase (it's in the deep sleeing fase that you get restful sleep).

Being low in magnesium causes you to have sleep problems such as insomnia. Foods high in magnesium are green leafy vegetables, nuts, seeds, beans, dark chocolate, whole grains, fish, yogurt, avocado. If you're not used to eating these foods you can also supplement with magnesium as magnesium citrate that's the best absorbed version.

Hello Alpha :)

As I've said everything starts in the gut. Your mood and all of your hormones including dopamine are regulated by your gut. The good thing is that you can increase your dopamine levels naturally through diet.

Low dopamine is the cause of having poor gut health which as a result gives you a gut problem and that further creates more health issues and worsens your dopamine levels. Basically it’s a vicious cycle. The good thing is it's not a permanent state. You can change it by eating the right foods which fix the cause and therefore fix the problem. Let food be the medicine and medicine be the food.

You need to incorporate more tyrosine rich foods in your diet because tyrosine (an amino acid) is needed in the production of dopamine. You increase your protein intake which increases your tyrosine which in turn increases dopamine levels. Tyrosine is found in protein so therefore eat more protein such such as fish, cheese, eggs, beef, chicken, green leafy vegetables, beans, avocado, lentils, fruits, dark chocolate, nuts, seeds, spirulina, turmeric, oregano, ginseng, green tea, ginkgo biloba, yogurt, kefir, oatmeal, sauerkraut and protein powders.

Aside from eating these foods you should also be active in increasing the good bacteria in your gut and cut out the unhealthy foods that feed the bad bacteria and cause your dopamine levels to decrease. It's well known that sugar, fastfood and junkfood decrease dopamine levels. A probiotic would be helpful as your dopamine levels depend on the amount of good bacteria you have in your gut.