Sign in to follow this  
galbeedi

Borama has spoken aginst Siilaanyo deporting innocents...

galbeedi   

That rule of deporting people should be scrapped now, but I disagree the idea of deporting Oromo people.

These people do all the jobs the local people refused to do. Just like Mexicans and south Americans do the jobs the native Americans would not do. They might be poor and peasants but they share a lot of culture with as. The have the same names, most if not all are Muslims and last but not the least, they could fill these empty small villages where they can work in farm.

Do you think all the hustle and business in Hargeisa is from locals ?, thousands came from south, east and Ethiopia to energize.

Somalis need more people . We must attract and bring people to increase consumption and trade. I will bet these Oromos would be speaking Somali language within few years, inter marry and become naturalized Somalis.

somalee   

<cite>
said:</cite>

best speech ever niyoow. that is how we Somali people should treat each other.

Is this the way people are treated in Puntland? No. I have been working in Xamar with frequent travels to Garowe and Hargeysa. Sxb, the people in xamar are the most open-minded, liberal and civil Somalis I have ever seen in my life. Even though my accent is clearly different, they won't even raise an eyebrow when I speak Somali. They never ask me about my clan and they are generally laid back. I have bashed the HAG folks on this forum many times and blamed them for the crisis in Somalia but they are the best Somalis I have seen. I wish I could say the same for Puntland and the North, where a complete stranger will try to know your clan in the middle of a meeting and completely change his demeanor towards you based on your revelation. They try to look smart by asking, "Where are you from originally?". That's just a way of saying tell me your qabiil man. Once you disclose that, they will either like you and become friendly all of a sudden or they will keep it strictly professional.

xabad   

<cite>

Is this the way people are treated in Puntland? No. I have been working in Xamar with frequent travels to Garowe and Hargeysa. Sxb, the people in xamar are the most open-minded, liberal and civil Somalis I have ever seen in my life. Even though my accent is clearly different, they won't even raise an eyebrow when I speak Somali. They never ask me about my clan and they are generally laid back. I have bashed the HAG folks on this forum many times and blamed them for the crisis in Somalia but they are the best Somalis I have seen. I wish I could say the same for Puntland and the North, where a complete stranger will try to know your clan in the middle of a meeting and completely change his demeanor towards you based on your revelation. They try to seem smart by asking, "Where are you from originally?". That's just a way of saying tell me your qabiil man. Once you disclose that, they will either like you and become friendly all of a sudden or they will keep it strictly professional.

I concur.

Qabyaalad waa Northern Somali disease.

Saalax   

Southerners are naive that is why there is chaos in their lands, nobody knows who is

your next door he could be a suicide bomber. Knowing your clan is just security

precaution in Somaliland and Puntland.

Miyir   

<cite>

Southerners are naive that is why there is chaos in their lands, nobody knows who is

your next door he could be a suicide bomber. Knowing your clan is just security

precaution in Somaliland and Puntland.

Hahahaha holy shit its time I find out all my neighbours clans!!!

<cite>

Is this the way people are treated in Puntland? No. I have been working in Xamar with frequent travels to Garowe and Hargeysa. Sxb, the people in xamar are the most open-minded, liberal and civil Somalis I have ever seen in my life. Even though my accent is clearly different, they won't even raise an eyebrow when I speak Somali. They never ask me about my clan and they are generally laid back. I have bashed the HAG folks on this forum many times and blamed them for the crisis in Somalia but they are the best Somalis I have seen. I wish I could say the same for Puntland and the North, where a complete stranger will try to know your clan in the middle of a meeting and completely change his demeanor towards you based on your revelation. They try to seem smart by asking, "Where are you from originally?". That's just a way of saying tell me your qabiil man. Once you disclose that, they will either like you and become friendly all of a sudden or they will keep it strictly professional.

Easy with the generalization, dude. If you were describing Xamar and or any southern cities in their heydays, yes people then were more civil and openminded toward clan than their northern counterparts, but those glory days are behind us. Xamar may have passed the days of butchering people based on their clan (90s), but when it comes to clan, Somalis of today are all in the same shtyy boat. You may not be asked about your clan on Mogadishu's streets, but clan fever is as alive in Xamar as in anywhere in Somalia. Ilaa Somali ka baxdo magaalo reer hebel aa iska leh, lama bislaan...ha lagu waydiiyo qabiil ama yaan lagu waydiin..

Tallaabo   

<cite>

Easy with the generalization, dude. If you were describing Xamar and or any southern cities in their heydays, yes people then were more civil and openminded toward clan than their northern counterparts, but those glory days are behind us. Xamar may have passed the days of butchering people based on their clan (90s), but when it comes to clan, Somalis of today are all in the same shtyy boat. You may not be asked about your clan on Mogadishu's streets, but clan fever is as alive in Xamar as in anywhere in Somalia. Ilaa Somali ka baxdo magaalo reer hebel aa iska leh, lama bislaan...ha lagu waydiiyo qabiil ama yaan lagu waydiin..

You spoke the truth.