Sign in to follow this  
Caano_Geel

Density on the making – Hargeisa

Most of the Somali cities really need low rise buildings (7 story at top) and clean paved streets. And good architects! Can't stand some of the designs and the ugly exterior cladding (blue windows/glasses and tiles) that comes with them.

Mooge   

somali construction companies and business people can build something as cheap and doable as this which still looks better than that dahapshiil green building they spent tens of millions of dollars building it for 10 years. lol. they just need to get their acts together niyoow. they are not poor.

020.jpg

xabad   

<cite>
said:</cite>

Most of the Somali cities really need low rise buildings (7 story at top) and clean paved streets. And good architects! Can't stand some of the designs and the ugly exterior cladding (blue windows/glasses and tiles) that comes with them.

Bad aesthetic choices are the result of poor all round development. Do you expect people whose females dress like these walking tents below to have a sense of style in their built environment. Females the world over are purveyors of beauty and fashion, what does it say about us when our fair kind is adorned with such hideous attire. We are philistine, unrefined, backward, iwm. Dalka kaliya kuma sina, even in Minnesota when i was there, these ugly tents were ubiquitous dress among them.

IMG_C31F10-CA45A7-7C93E6-8DB951-75C9CA-A

Throwing-Up.jpg

Xabad, now we know the problem why don't we take advantage of these potential markets then? There is definitely need for fashion designers,great architects and civil engineers. Imagine the millions of jilbaabs you could sell if you come up with new designs/styles in every other spring!!!

Awoowe, criticism aside, I think it's the lack of expertise and building materials that put us behind. Just look at the new Turkish built hospital and embassy in Xamar and compare those two projects with what the Somalis have been building the last 20 and so years. It's day and night, and I think it has all to do with construction know-how and materials, period. We can improve if we put our mind into it.

Btw, the Jilbaab style you posted up there is the result of the Wahabi indoctrination that's been going on for the past quarter+ century. Some women wear it our of religious conviction and others just peer pressure from the society. Either way we shouldn't judge-let women wear what they deem fit!

xabad   

<cite>
said:</cite>

Xabad, now we know the problem why don't we take advantage of these potential markets then? There is definitely need for fashion designers,great architects and civil engineers. Imagine the millions of jilbaabs you could sell if you come up with new designs/styles in every other spring!!!

Awoowe, criticism aside, I think it's the lack of expertise and building materials that put us behind. Just look at the new Turkish built hospital and embassy in Xamar and compare those two projects with what the Somalis have been building the last 20 and so years. It's day and night, and I think it has all to do with construction know-how and materials, period. We can improve if we put our mind into it.

Btw, the Jilbaab style you posted up there is the result of the Wahabi indoctrination that's been going on for the past quarter+ century. Some women wear it our of religious conviction and others just peer pressure from the society. Either way we shouldn't judge-let women wear what they deem fit!

Your'e right Gheelle, expertise has large part to play. I also think there is certain innate aesthetic sensibility that can't be overcome.

On the issue of women's raiment, I am happy to report these particular style is mainly the preserve of habraha iyo dadka reer baadiyaha, the young and the educated in Qurbaha frown on it. In time, wuu dabar go'i doonaa.

There is untapped potential no doubt.

somalee   

That heavy Jilbab with that particular material and in that style is only worn by Somali women. It's ironic because in Saudi Arabia (the birthplace and main exporter of Wahhabism), women actually have a sense of style. They NEVER put on those ugly and obviously uncomfortable Jilbab. It's worrying when you outdo the Saudis in extremism and mediocrity.

Saalax   

A lot of those women in the picture are overweight, its not all about the dress code.

You can wear the latest fashion clothes but if you're overweight it is unlikely it will

look good on you.

Tallaabo   

Why don't our women just wear the colourful and matching dirac, googarad, masar, iyo shalmad like they always did before the female body obsessed fanatics showed up?

Haatu   

Illeen meeshan rag badan oo dan la'aan ah baa tuban. Don't you guys have anything better to discuss?

Hargeisa is looking beautiful in that first pic.

Samafal   

Diinta in lagu jees jeeso waa dambi wayn marka waxaad idinka utaqaanaan ugly waa someone else's beauty. Sxbayaal Xabad a self proclaimed atheist yuusan baxar idin galin. As Alshabaab are brainwashed there are kids brainwashed by agnostics and atheists who do not have any leg to stand except being obnoxious. We Somalis we are already badly divided on clan lines we can't afford to be divided idealogically so these people and Alshavab are danger to our existence as Umad.