Sign in to follow this  
bosmanoglu

somalia on news (again)

xabad   

<cite>
said:</cite>

I actually threw you a life-line but you missed it. you were prancing all over as if there is no tomorrow. anyway if you feel wronged or thrown under the bus, xaal qaado. i will ignore the the last line.

Illyria, our Turkish friend is new to the internet forums perhaps, he is easily flustered.

Nothing offensive was directed at him.

Illyria   

That is true, which is why we must be gentle and hospitable to the few who venture out of their comfort zone. not every one can withstand or is acquainted with the Somali humour: a deadly does of pinching and irritation.

galbeedi   

Illyria Saaxiib, it is not our peoples nature to compliment. It is considered a weakness in our culture, but I should say your writing is unparalleled here in SOl, although many , like Mooge, Tallaabo, Tilamoock , Alpha and others write well, and English seem to be their first language, yours seem to be little bit more poetic. Last week discussing Turks you wrote "Turk being as proud as a mule in its natural habitat full of fodder and chaff with less care for the rest of the world".

I use to read and enjoy the writings of late Somali literature and historian Said Samatar who could narrate Somali cultural tales with wit and wisdom.

May I ask? If you do not mind, have you earned any degrees in literature or English writing?. I wish I could write like that. I was trained as chemical engineering in Italian long ago, but I am interested to write. Maybe publish some books in English. What do you think,? As a busy person, I am thinking of taking some online courses in critical writing.

Illyria   

Galbeedi,

To give credit where due, Xabad halted the charge when i set light on the intent of my original note for which he must be commended.

I too admired the late Said Sh. Samatar's writings. he was of a rare pedigree.

Thanks for the compliments. I am afraid in between tasks i post the odd comments on this forum and hardly pay due attention to what i post half the time. i must say typing on a smartphone is a pain. like you i am in the engineering field and was a prolific writer once upon a time. these days i am more at home with the joists and beams, colouring and caulking, grout and tiles when not cajoling ill-fitted ducts in tight steads. And by the way, i write much better in Somali, but hardly know of an audience for whom to write and lull. O’ well, perhaps in another circa. thanks again.

By all means, please write and publish, but before you commit pen to paper: seek wisdom, then and only then, shall you stock up enough gen to brew and percolate.

galbeedi   

"to brew and percolate" That is what I mean poetic. Any way thanks.

I should only mention I never did work as imaginer other than attend Gahayr Somali University. After I came to Qurba, got married and got busy , if you know what I mean.

Fortunately, my son is in his second year of university, majoring Chemical engineering. I want him to carry the torch.

galbeedi   

Also, our friend Xabad must stop acting like a troll. Going out of topic. It seems these agnostics are just extremists as the religious extremists. Look at the US republican primaries, the so called evangelicals as crazy as fundamentalists.

Xabad says that he came from a monkey, yet we have been patient with him and giving him a platform to express himself.