Sign in to follow this  
galbeedi

Hirsi Gaab and his men are purged, but he is not done yet.

galbeedi   

Hirsi gab is purged from the power. Years ago when we said that he is the an official president of Somaliland, those who always like to bury their head in the sand, protested. Other than those brought by Siilaanyo family members, most of the cabinet belonged to Xirsi. In Hargeisa , the government is run like a family business, the nephew of Siilaany leaves and another cousin comes in to manage the family (government) affaires. They do not hire competent professionals, party loyalist or technocrats. Just like a family owned company , only those close siblings need to apply. Now, after the purge of Hirsi , the ladies are in charge . This time the immediate family (Silaanyo's wife, daughter, son in law and a new lady director), will be running the show with vengeance. This week , both the palace security guard commander and his deputy were relieved of duties with out no explanation, other than being appointed by Hirsi.

Now, Siilaanyo and the family should be very careful of how they treat Xirsi or things could really get ugly. The international media already mentioned the palace coup and the mass resignation of his Hirsi's ministers. A friend of mine from Sool region told me that Hirsi selected the most able men from the eastern region including " Wadaado", business men and politicians with constant cash flow. Does anyone remember " Xildhibaan Baashe"-- the vice chairman of the parliament who were boxing " Gudoomiye Cirro" in the chambers--- well, he was Hirsi loyalist.

Soon after Hirsi resigned, fear and anxiety gripped Hargeisa for weeks. Security around major hotels were increased, people were told to be extra vigilant. Then few days after, Al-shbaab released statement threatening Hargeisa if it does not release a certain sheikh arrest by police. Two weeks ago the airport minister announced the deportation of the so called non citizens and other security measures.

In my humble opinion , all these fears are centred around Hirsi Gaab. About half a dozen years ago , during Rayaale's term , he used different tactics to gain the power including violence. In one incident, he modified a land cruiser as armored pick up and mounted a machine gun. While some of his colleagues in the telecom industry in Burco were arrested, Hirsi escaped with gun mounted pick up, but was eventually arrested at the border. He was brought back to Hargeisa and charged with terrorism related charges. The Minister of the interior Cabdilahi Cirro publicly accused him of terrorism and criminal mischief. Everyone was surprised that the former vice chairman of the election commission appointed by opposition leader Siilaanyo is involved with these kind of activity. By the way, he resigned from the commission within months of his appointment . He realized that he could not achieve his goals through normal means. Soon after that , he organized the " Garadag" clan gathering were everyone including Saleebaan Gaal , the chairman of the Guurti was invited. Saleebaan was told " Waar Xisbigaaga iyo waxaas ma socdaane Ninku waa nin Tolkaa ah ee ka hor leexo, Rayaalana ha uga hiilin", roughly means , "we don't care about your party affiliation, do not hinder Siilaanyo's plan to gain power", which he accepted.

While awaiting the trail , his clan members including Dahanshiil , lobbied and put heavy pressure on President Rayaale. Eventually , Hirsi was released. In those same months , also the presidential palace was bombed by people connected with Al-shabaab including Ahmed Godane, who latter left Hargeia and joined his comrades in southern Somalia, where he became the leader of the extremist group. Since that bombing of Al-shabaab in Hargeisa, no minor or major terrorism related crimes happened in Somaliland. There is the theory that a truce brokered by Hirsi and company was reached between him and Al-shabaab . To reciprocate that understanding, everyone that was arrested or committed terrorism related charges including the assassination of foreign aid workers, in Borama, Burco and Berbera was released by Siilaanyo. Since then , not one single person was charged in Somaliland.

Since that man left office, no one knows what could happen in the near future. I read in Somalia online that Hirsi was denied to enter Cayabo town to participate a conference about local clan truces. I believe Hirsi is a hard working guy who ran his own government for the last five years, and will not disappear easily. Those family members running Hargeia should not mess with this man or else.... If he is pushed too much only Allah knows what he is capable off. My sources told me that he is maneuvering to reinvent himself by taking over the Ucid party, either as a chairman replacing Faisal Waraabe , or becoming vice presidential candidate of the party. He has both the resources and the clan affiliation to bring his base to Ucid. He has also a very strong connection among the Garad community and others.

In conclusion, be ware of Hirsi, the former president , he knows were all the bodies are buried.

Saalax   

Some of the things you said are true but lets not over estimate him Lol, he is not all

that. Personally in my opinion him dividing Kulmiye in two is good for the opposition

parties, it means Musa Bixi has less chance of winning and will be sent packing.

Saalax & Galbeedi;

Xirsi's Damjadiid and Al Shabab connections have tainted him beyond repair, and he will never again rise to any high office in the north.

Mooge   

Galbeedi and Saalax, niyoow I never understood how Hersi and Siilaanyo became arch enemies. what really happened?