Sign in to follow this  
Admin

Norway Offers Somali Refugees And Others Thousands of Dollars To Voluntarily Leaves The Country. The Flight Will Also Be Paid For.

Admin   

Norway is paying asylum seekers to return home as the refugee crisis continues.

Tens of thousands of kroner are being offered to each person who voluntarily leaves the country. They also have their flights paid for.

Katinka Hartmann, head of the immigration department’s return unit (UDI), said that many of the people arriving from Syria, Iraq, the Middle East and Africa expect to receive protection quickly and cannot wait the months or even years the process can take.

“They thought they would have the opportunity to work or take an education – and maybe even to get their family to Norway,” shetold NRK television.

Norway-refugees.jpg

Norway has committed to housing thousands of Syrian refugees

“Many cannot wait (for the asylum process to run its course). They have family at home who expect them to be able to help.

“For a long time, Norway has not been able to forcibly return people to Somalia, but now that we can, I think that more Somalis with an obligation to leave will opt for assisted return.

“It’s important to have more initiatives of this kind in the future.”

The UDI’s figures show that more than 900 people have applied to take financial support to leave Norway so far.

A couple with two children can receive upwards of 80,000 kroner (£6,200) in addition to having their flights paid for.

The International Organisation for Migration (IOM), which processes the Voluntary Assisted Return Programme requests and offers advice and counselling, described it as “safe and dignified”.

Spokesperson Joost van der Aalst said the number of asylum seekers taking up the offer was rocketing, particularly among people attempting to bring their families to Norway.

“Earlier this year, the number was an average of 100 per month,” he told NRK. “In October, there were 150 and in November there were 230 applications.”

People whose asylum applications have been denied can also apply for economic assistance to return home.

The number of asylum seekers making first-time applications in Norway has been steadily rising throughout this year, Eurostat figures show.

In January the number stood at just 570 but in October, the most recent month recorded, the total hit 8,575

Source: http://www.independent.co.uk

80,000 kroner (£6,200) + flights is less than the $10,000+ it costs to tahribb. these folks haven't a clue of the risks these people take to get into their countries.

xabad   

^ i guess this the trial phase, in the future they would offer substantial money to induce refugees to go home.

They can afford it; Norway has the largest sovereign wealth fund in the world courtesy of North sea oil.

<cite>
said:</cite>

^ i guess this the trial phase, in the future they would offer substantial money to induce refugees to go home.

They can afford it; Norway has the largest sovereign wealth fund in the world courtesy of North sea oil.

Norway isn't even first choice for the tahribbed, nor does it welcome refugees, as well as Germany. Germany seems to be the ideal destination for refugees. Angel Merkel wa rageedi. she might even win the Nobel prize this year or the next.

i wonder how much folks would be willing to accept to return voluntarily. the potential earnings and the high quality of life in these Nordic havens are invaluable, even if you end up speaking Norwegian.

western passports ought to have a monetary value placed on their worth sxb. this will make it easier for the tahribb folks to decide where to go. i wish i ended up in America.

Thanks for the info on the Sovereign wealth fund. interesting, that.