Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

Exhibitionist Ronaldinho omitted from Brazil World Cup Squad

BOB   

A&T labadaba ka saar your dream team or else they will corrupt the rest of your dream team. :D

Peace, Love & Unity.

Abtigiis   

For Bob and Tuujiye,

This goal is scored not by Maradona, not by Messi, but by Nilmar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioVpQBktVwQ

This other one is scored by Grafite

And just in case you think Nilmar's mesmerising goal was just a fluke, please see here:

Kolkaa, dadka yaan la iska aflagaaday just because Norf watches Kevin Doyle week in week out in the EPL. :D

BOB   

Nilmar scored all those magical goals in Brazilian league against incompetent defenders with no clue on how to defend.

Grafite's goal was no less than fluke because if he was that good the world would've heard of him before he reached 30...believe me I'd take Adriano all day long over both these players.

Peace, Love & Unity.

BOB   

Brazil has arguably the best defense in the world right now and that alone should give you a clear indication of Dunga's interpretation of the beautiful game...A&T need I say more? smile.gif

Peace, Love & Unity.

Tuujiye   

lol@kutiiriyey classic!!!!

war spanish players dhan waa wada Gay! and racist...Ibra muslim buu ahaan jiray laakiin hada wuuba kasii daray...

A&T, this is called wlc to Spain.."please let me be the first" ayaa lugu dhahayaa Ibra aqas!

A&T, Saaxiib Ronaldinho is a legend and everyone in the world is shocked that he is not playing in the world cup... don't make me post you some of his goals this season iska dhaaf wixii hore oo lugu yaqaanay.... Ronaldinho is more fit than grafiti and Nilmar too and Robinho..he worked so hard to play for Brazil.. In Milan, his team was too old and at front, he lost Pato who used to play perfect with him. Right after the loss of Pato, Ac Milan droped points and couldn't score anymore so Ronaldinho was pushed up again to just score and not help on the mid... Do you know Ronaldinho is not a left winger? but he still plays left lool for Brazil, he could have been their center Mid imagine how deadly he would be?

Waraa ninyahoo please nilmar iyo Ronaldinho mar danbe ha isku keenin..Ronaldinho oo wheal chair saaran ayaa kaa ka qatarsan iska dhaaf hada...Nilmar naftirkiis hadii la weydiiyo wuu kuu sheegaa waxaas lool...

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Polanyi   

AT takes his footie cilm from Youtube? :D

BOB does have a point though: Is Robinho not as lazy and more prone than Ronaldinho?

BOB   

A&T will officially now go Al Shabab on both of us simply because we agreed one another and fully disagreed with him...better duck my fellow Gooner comrade. :D

PS. There was a guy who used to get hot under the collar just because my nick is BOB and I used to have Osama's pic as my avatar...now adigaaba igasii daray oo wadaad Soomaali avatar ka dhigtay magac aanan weligey maqlina soo qaatay. (of course I googled Karl Polanyi by now) ;)

Peace, Love & Unity.

BOB   

A&T

Did you watch Ronaldinho's performance against Juve last night?

I thought even Pato had a good game against the biggest bully in football...Chielini.

Dunga made a huge mistake and I promise he will regeret it.

Peace, Love & Unity.

N.O.R.F   

A&T miyuu daawadaa kubad? His eyes are only on the players Dunga picked.

Sad for football but I suppose Dhino spent 3 seasons partying and thats what happens if you lose focus.

Gents, I have a different view on this. Ronaldinho's skills and his talent is not questionable. He was one of the greatest players ever seen on a football pitch. When it comes to ball skills, close control and imagination no one gets closer to him. He is in his own league (Arguably Maradona's league). No Cristiano, Messi or Kaka can get closer to him when it comes to those abovementioned attributes.

The reason he was left out is more about his attitude and work rate for the national team. Ronaldinho was a let down when he was at his best (2005&2004)... at the world cup he was the WPOTY and still didn't do anything for the national team. We all know what happened. He will not inspire a team, lead a team and above all He won't win a world cup for everyone.

Cheers

BOB   

Zu Gooner,

You can say the same thing about Messi yet he's won Barcelona trophy after trophy or even Kaka or Robinho.

You can't ask of Ronladinho to defend and spend more time chasing the bloody right backs than making them chase him around.

I think the best way to get the best out of Ronaldinho is to give him a free role just like Rijkaard & Leonardo did and surround him with players who are willing to do the running and defending for him.

Football is about balance today and once you lack that balance you can have all the talent in the world it's no use...hence the gigantic failure of the first Galacticos or the current one.

The current Brazil squad has no creativity which is something you've always associated with them, for example the 94 squad which as you know was captained by Dunga possessed so many world class players who could create a goal from absolutely nothing from the wing backs in Jorginho and Branco or Cafu and Leonardo to Zinho and Rai or Mazinho and Paulo Sergio and we all know about Bebeto and Romario (Genius).

I have a theory in which might explain why Ronaldinho failed to shine in Germany 06, he was playing just behind Ronaldo and Adriano, now when you instruct your best player to play in one position you automatically kill of his mobility and make the opposition easire for him to mark, we've seen this happen from time to time when he was playing for Barcelona but Rijkaard was so clever, he would ask Eto'o to move to the wing and Ronaldinho to come inside which will automatically create a space for him to run to when in possession but Ronaldinho did not have this luxury as those spaces were taken up by Ronaldo and Adriano who were (to be honest) not as mobile as Eto'o or even Ludivic Guily and he couldn't move to the wings simply because he was first instructed to stay in one area and secondly Robinho was already playing there and then there was Kaka...now where's the space?

If you can watch the game against France again and you'll see how France congested the midfiled even more whenever Brazil was on possession thus eliminating the creativity of the Brazilian attackers and then there was the small factor of Zidane. :D

PS. I wont lie I am a fan of Ronaldinho more than any Brazilian player except for the Il Fenomeno...the rest was qashin. :D

Peace, Love & Unity.

Abtigiis   

Brazil played badly in all games in 2006, except against Japan, with the reserve team playing. Brazil lost because Ronaldo could not run, and because the rest of the players were ageing and not fit.

On Ronaldinho,it is not that he was just dropped out of no where. He played in most of the qualifying games, but was poor. Now, his Milan form could be different, although I still saw his role against Man U was negative for most part. Felipe Melo is not doing good for Juventus. My argument is the form for the national team is historically different than the form at the club levels. Maybe it is because those players who were not good at the club level were rested. I don't know. But come June, you may open you mouth in awe, with the performance of players like Robinho and Melo who you think are not up to it.

Maicon is better than Leonardo, Kaka is better than Rai and Mazinho, and the entire defence is better than all those who played in 94. They may win or not, but when comparing things, it is good to do it objectively and not with nostalgia.