Sign in to follow this  
Dhagax-Tuur

Would it be wrong to. ..

Suggest that Muslims through out the world stop going to Hajj for one year and completely donate what it costs from anywhere to charity and help Muslims everywhere?

If you base it an average of $3500 per person and average attendance of 3.5 million, you would raise $10.5billion.

Crazy?

Dhagaxtuur, you had a shower thought miyaa? Horta dad badan waayeelo ah ayaa decades sugaaye xajkooda, saving all those years. A considerable percentage of xaajiyaalka consist of this. Marka I don't think they will even wait another day if they have the full savings.

Also I don't think it costs $3500 for the average. It can be much less for those coming from Afrika iyo Aasiya. Also reer xajka cannot be three million xaajiyaal. Haddaa ku dareysid reer cumro, haa.

Plus, Sacuudiga alone can donate 10 billion US dollars at this very moment and won't feel any financial strain. Heck, even Imaaraadka or Qadar can do that and worry about nothing.

MMA, no. Just a thought. Thought occurred to me watching the tragedy at the Grand Mosque.

I think it would probably be pleasing in the eyes of Allah people helping people, And that i think is the ultimate form of cibaado/worship, right?

MMA, i don't think the price is far lower in Africa and Asia.

It's about priorities, today muslims are suffering everywhere, people are dying, i think Hajj can wait.

xabad   

hajj is wasteful

its adding billion to the coffers of an already rich petro state

3500 dollars aan iska aruurino because some fair skinned syrians drowned in the med?

don't worry, they will be helped by those who look like them. look after your own.

U know its kinda hard to believe in this sometimes, but guess what, good muslim brothers are always there to help you. The bottom line here is good ones, and all humans have good and bad ones.

I say...lets have a free Haj year next year!! Let the Saudi king pay for it....I am sure he afforded it.

galbeedi   

The concept of helping the needy does not exist in tribal and feudal societies in the gulf countries. In Qatar, 89% percent of the population is migrant workers who will never become citizens or permanent residents. They could take 1 million Syrians whom they share culture , language and faith. In fact, they could become a real nation by incorporating these people.

We Somalis must distance this Zero sum game of the gulf and Arab culture as much as possible. We should not see them as different than any other Muslim nation like Indonesia, Bangladesh or Senegal. Remember , they are less than 25% of the 1.6 billion Muslims. You have to be human first to help the needy, and while observing these Arabs , I have never seen any human gestures toward anyone whether they are Muslims or other human beings.

For Somalis, our people were suffering more than anyone else. At least these Syrians have thousands of dollars to pay for smugglers and ferries. Our Half million refugees in Dadaab, Kenya, will go back home today if $300 dollars were given each to relocate.

xabad   

I have heard recently there is a rush among Somali men in the ME to marry indha bluug Syrian beauties - as it was put to me.

Somali men doing bit of charity with their Dick.

somalee   

<cite>
said:</cite>

MMA, no. Just a thought. Thought occurred to me watching the tragedy at the Grand Mosque.

I think it would probably be pleasing in the eyes of Allah people helping people, And that i think is the ultimate form of cibaado/worship, right?

MMA, i don't think the price is far lower in Africa and Asia.

It's about priorities, today muslims are suffering everywhere, people are dying, i think Hajj can wait.

Helping people is a great form of worship but you have to understand that Hajj is an obligatory worship, just like salad and saum. It is a big sin to ignore hajj if one can afford it. I think in Somalia it is around 3000-3,500 per person. I'm assuming its a lot more expensive for people from West Africa etc

Tallaabo   

<cite>

it would save them untimely death too. lol. people are dying in Hajj like sheep niyoow.

No death is untimely Mr mooge. This is how the kufaar speak. Phrases like "he/she died prematurely", "he/she was too young to die", "he/she had his/her whole life ahead of him/her", "he/she could have been saved", "he/she had his/her life cut short" etc are the words used by those who do not believe in Allah and the Last Day and should be avoided by the Muslims.

<cite>

it would save them untimely death too. lol. people are dying in Hajj like sheep niyoow.

lol.

African, including Somali, Hajjis, are dangerous. they caused the stampede at Mina that reportedly killed over 800 people. lol.