Sign in to follow this  
Bluelicious

Searching: Somali Books

Hello everyone hope you all doing good and are in good health.

I want to surprise my old neighbour since she loves reading. She's alone and has no family only one left from her generation. She sees me as the granddaughter she never had and treats me like that, since I don’t have any grandmothers I see her as my grandma therefore I want to do something for her. The problem is my Somali network is very small hence why i'm reaching out on this bigger platform. I'm looking for Somali books in Somali about history, autobiographies, stories, poetry etc.. Any Dutch/English websites and bookstores would be helpful. The books should be in paperback not pdf.

Thanks in advance.

Blue..Try this

Gorfaynta Silsiladdii Deelley by Ibrahin Yusuf Ahmed. It is on Amazon for reasonable price.

Thanks for Xaaji Nuune, that's greet resource. There is a little on the way and we want her to be fluent in Somali.

Tallaabo - Thank you, good idea as older people love poetry. I've added to my list above. Do you have any recommendations on poetry books and where to find? :)

Nuune - Thank you for the effort but i'm looking for books in paperback not in pdf, my fault should have included that in my message. As Tallaabo mentioned the lady is a pensioner and most of these books don't suit her. Great collection of books though I will read them myself :)

Che-Guevara - Thank you, i've looked it up and there are 2 more books how amazing. They will definitely go on my list all 3 of them. Lool at little one on the way. There will be no little one for anytime soon considering there is no king (good father) to lead them.The world needs more children coming from a loving home :)

nuune   

Tallaabo, Che, and Blue, no problem at all, all Credit goes to a university in Rome, plus some other places I collected all those books, and made them into an easy place to access. For me, I liked the dictionaries, and the maths/Soomaali language books for the little one's :-)

I attended the recent Hargeisa Book Fair, and made some good collections too.

Nuune - So the website is yours huh..cool, what I like about it is the diversity in books. Does the Hargeisa Book Fair ship internationally, if yes are the prices reasonable?

Mooge - Thank you dear. Aaww how sweet of the so thoughtful you, I missed you too :D Whoaa 97 books in paperback you hit the jackpot. It's gonna take me some time to go through all of them.

Holac - I know right, so many choice. Got any recommendations?

Mooge   

You welcome Blue. don't overwhelm yourself with all the low quality books Somalis write. most of it is garbage anyways. lol