Sign in to follow this  
Saalax

Somaliland - Mogadishu and Washington Put Silanyo in Quarantine

Saalax   

Tuesday, 28 July 2015 16:19

Somalilandsun - The Somalian minister for foreign affairs, Abdisalan Hadliye Omar, went to Riyadh in mid-July to discuss the Federal Republic of Somalia's possible cooperation with the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) in the ground operation against Houthi rebels in Yemen. This visit comes after the GCC had asked the Saudi government not to receive a Somaliland delegation led by President Ahmed Mohamed Mahamoud, generally known as Silanyo. Officially, Silanyo had planned to go to Mecca on 6 July to pray before the end of the holy month of Ramadan, but more importantly he wanted to draw profit from Somaliland's participation in the war effort against the Houthis. He is fully aware how much the forthcoming suspension of the US aid – a $100 million programme – will make a hole in his budget.

The Somalian central government's putting Silanyo in quarantine was thus done in concert with the United States, which have repeatedly expressed their frustration at Somaliland's half-hearted involvement in the fight against AlShabaab radical Islamists. The US was also discontent that Silanyo put back the presidential election from June 2016 to April 2017. In early July, Silanyo had requested to go on an official visit to Washington, but was turned down. He was told to put any requests he needs via the United States Ambassador in Nairobi, Robert F. Godec. Silanyo nevertheless knows he must speak to people at the highest level if he is to avoid the targeted sanctions threatening his administration.

According to a source inside the Somaliland government, the Americans are planning sanctions against the First Lady, Amina Haji Mahamoud Jirdeh, the president's son-in-law and right hand man, Bashe Awil Haji Omar, aviation minister Mohamoud Hashi Abdi, finance minister, Zamzam Abdi Adan, as well as the Speaker of the Guurti (Parliament), Sale-ban Mohamoud Adan.

Sourced from The Indian Ocean News Letter by Medeshivalley

http://www.somalilandsun.com/index.php/politics/7813-somaliland-mogadishu-and-washington-put-silanyo-in-quarantine-

If the above text is in anyway true, there are two points that one can deduce from it.

1. Waxay Silanyo and co. ka haleeyeen the 'int'l community' weynan badanaa [joking]! Or it could be that the idea of standing on as an independent state has hit the buffers, and these steps are taken to force the junta [no insult intended] to sniff the coffee.

2. Dawladda Xamar has gotten sophisticated and honed their diplomatic skills to the point where they're literally force-feeding 'midnimo' down Silanyo and co.'s throat. If this is the case, I believe Xamar is pumping iron and flexing those muscles. As an unashamed 'unionist' who would like to see my Northern brothers and sisters stand by my side, I am elated.

Dear brothers and sisters, come in from the cold, ileen gacma wax wada jir bey ku gooyaane, ogowna nin walaalkii ka tagey, ninkii walaalkii wata baa madaxa ka garaacee!

I personally I am glad this has happened. I prefer for Somaliland to not seek or recieve donor money that comes with strings attached. Doing so, will only harm Somaliland's free will and rights.

As an old Somali adage goes, gacmahaaga ayaa lagu haraad baxaa. Somaliland is better off to make use of what little money that comes into its coffers.

^

What a joker! :D

Everyone knows Silanyo without the budgetary assistance provided by the IC is like a zoo keeper surrounded by hungry lions( when it's many hours past their feeding). El Presidente is gonna get his ass ripped up by the same Habros he has for so long brainwashed and decieved.

In any case, expect for Silanyo and his cabal to invariably decamp for Xamar--any day now.

Albeit, the IC must offer Silanyo some sort of carrots to help smooth his transition into the federal Somalia framework!

<cite>
said:</cite>

I personally I am glad this has happened. I prefer for Somaliland to not seek or recieve donor money that comes with strings attached. Doing so, will only harm Somaliland's free will and rights.

As an old Somali adage goes, gacmahaaga ayaa lagu haraad baxaa. Somaliland is better off to make use of what little money that comes into its coffers.

Rofl

Without aid, maamulka somaliland will starve!