AbdiJohnson

Male circumcision on babies should be criminalized in Somalia

I call it male genital mutilation (MGM). Its a sick and barbaric practice that should be criminalized by the Somali national and subnational governments.

Somali boys when they become adults should make the decision for themselves if they want to do it. And I am sure all will say no.

I wish I had the choice.. I and many other Somali men back home would have not gone through with it. The loss of tens of thousands of nerve endings results in the loss of sensation.

I have heard of a story where a boy wasn't circumcised until he was 12 in Burco. I hear its not uncommon to have it done until well into your childhood.

I think stopping MGM will be easier than ending FGM.

Odey   

horta yaabeye, kan mar waliba kasheekeenaya lagaroonayaasha iyo buryaqabka maxaa no keeney!

<cite>
said:</cite>

horta yaabeye, kan mar waliba kasheekeenaya lagaroonayaasha iyo buryaqabka maxaa no keeney!

Odey, this is the problem with the useless doqomo who seem to post on SOL these days.

They have become so accustomed to spouting nonsense anonymously, that it all feels perfectly normal.

P.S

Mr Johnson, please keep up your pitiful posts,in here!

I want you to keep us amused and entertained, like a zoo monkey that flings its feaces about in its cage :D

If u would have said female circumcision was wrong, i would have agreed with you.

Studies after studies has show that male circumcision prevents diseases and is beneficial,

Even the U.S CDC (Center for Disease Control) came out supporting it.

Lemme guess, u are what Somalis would call Buuryo Qab (Qof aan weli la gudin cml).

Its Kaftan, no hard feelings. :)

Circumcision is a religious for Muslim and Jewish, and Circumcision have various health benefits, including:

1- Easier hygiene. Circumcision makes it simpler to wash the penis. Washing beneath the foreskin of an uncircumcised penis is generally easy, however.

2- Decreased risk of urinary tract infections. The overall risk of urinary tract infections in males is low, but these infections are more common in uncircumcised males. Severe infections early in life can lead to kidney problems later on.

3- Decreased risk of sexually transmitted infections. Circumcised men might have a lower risk of certain sexually transmitted infections, including HIV. Still, safe sexual practices remain essential.

Prevention of penile problems. Occasionally, the foreskin on an uncircumcised penis can be difficult or impossible to retract (phimosis). This can lead to inflammation of the foreskin or head of the penis.

4- Decreased risk of penile cancer. Although cancer of the penis is rare, it's less common in circumcised men. In addition, cervical cancer is less common in the female sexual partners of circumcised men.

You can ask any doctor

From what I know this is still a think in Somalia. I have read a lot of opinions. Many of them are negative about this thing but a lot of them are positive about this thing to happen to small boys. I have read a lot of things about this procedure and I think that it is really cruel. I have read on this andrologyforum.com that it can prevent some men from erectile dysfunction. I know that this is a problem when it comes to sex life, especially with your wife when she doesn’t get satisfied enough. I think that this is not the best method to cure ed...