Sign in to follow this  
AbdiJohnson

U.K. Somalis: Hopeless and unemployed by choice

I was recently in the U.K. I go there about every other year. And I can't help but notice how they are an exact copy of our cousins in Somalia. The situation seems worse every time I return.

Unemployed, broke, khat addicts, loitering everywhere, unambitious

What is wrong with this community? Every other immigrant group is a success story in the U.K. except the Somalis.

Somali diaspora is shitty but the UK Somalis are on another level.

Cutting the entitlement benefits would certainly get their attention. Why work when the government gives you everything you want. No incentive to look for a job.

But benefits are better in the Scandinavian countries. And the Somalis there are no were near as horrible as the ones in the U.K. The UK Somalis are the oldest Somali community in the diaspora.

But benefits are an issue in the UK.

What i don't understand is, how these people have money if they don't work.

I've talked to alot of them over the years and they all said they travel back home to Somalia or Arabaha every summer. I'd like to know where they get the money to travel every year. Probably involved in some kinda scam or illegal activity. I can barely travel outside of my state, let alone take FASAX to Africa.

Back in 2004, i met a guy here who was visiting the area from UK. He posted here on SoL and said he was in town visiting and looking for other members to show him around the city. Picked him up from Baltimore and showed him around DC and taken him to Skyline in Alexandria. Only person from UK i ever met. Really cool dude, use to come here with Winger or something similar.

Holac   

Despite all the negative publicity over the years, there are many success stories from the UK.

The Somalis in the U.K. are also not

patriotic and have no respect for their new adopted home. I've never seen one hold the Union Jack. All of them have something negative to say about the U.K. They are an ungrateful bunch.

LooL seems like you really do have an axe to grind with reer UK.

I know reer Canada and UK Somalis have some kinda rivalry going on, lool but it doesn't effect us here in the U.S.

I've met alot of Somalis from Europe and they seemed cool folks. Even got family (tolka) who live in Sweden, London, Norway, Netherlands and stuff. All over Europe, dad fiican iga dheh. I'd trade them for the Somalis here in the US.