Sign in to follow this  
Saalax

Somaliland allows Yemenis & Somalilanders in but refuses southerners

galbeedi   

Yonis, please no excuses for this " Maamul and the People". It has been almost a week and not one single person raised their voice. This is the same crowd that was playing the victim card for 25 years.This is worse than what South Africans were doing to Somalis and others.

For many years , no one challenged them. In politics, carrot and stick go hand in hand. We all overlooked their weaknesses, misdeeds and dysfunction. They are even spreading false excuses, claiming that the Ethiopian government told them not to accept refugees from Yemen.

If I were in charge , I would have brought these separatists in to the union without bloodshed . It won't take me four years. The problem is we have a weak and corrupt southern politicians who doesn't know history and can not see the big picture.

Galbeedi. The people are decent and I am sure we will speak up soon.

But I agree Sland politicians like all other Somali politicians are corrupt to the core.

galbeedi   

God forbid, if this enclave becomes state, it will be a disaster. There is no rule of law , or government hierarchy. The man wielding the stick is the mayor of Berbera. He is fighting with the governor who want the people to embark from the ship. He ( the mayor) seems to be winning at the moment. The Governor " Dacar", is from AWdal. I heard he insisted that the people should be allowed.

As the story goes some of the people were from the north, so in order to separate the Somalis, they have to ask the usual " Qolomaa Tahay", What a shame.

Some forty years ago in 1974 when the " Dabadheer", drought hit the region between Togdheer and Sool, with a lot of loses, the Somali state, brought Russian C130 cargo planes and air lifted hundreds of the people, their hamlets and life stocks including the remaining goats and sheep's. The Somali government settled them in some of the fertile lands in Shabeelaha Hoose, districts of Sablaale and guntiwaarey. They became successful farmers and fisher men.

Now this. Believe me, we can all claim and always high light the crimes of the Kacaan, but it was the a Somali state which benefited people from every where. When we to go to hospital, we were admitted because , we were sick and happen to be Somali, just like the Canadians of today.

The next chapter of my book is going to be: The collapse of the Somali state was the biggest calamity to happen to the Somali people for the last hundred years. Please call me : Dhashii Kacaanka.

Odey   

This is a disgrace like no other. The people that are claiming we should seperate the admin from the people are dreaming. The people of Sland would have been on the street demonstrating if Hassan sheikh had said a single word about them . Further , the incidents were widely declared by their admin on virtually every possible media format available.

Even the geeljire in the most rural area knows . What happened to their "gurtida ", what happened to their "culimo ", why are they not demonstrating?, how come we havent even heard a single peep out of them ?, i will tell you why- they agree with this and in doing so have made their position clear- hatred without limits.

They claim they were attacked by the last military government , a government with which they held most of the key posts and had been instrumental in orchestrating the first ever maassacres, one which was bigger is terms of numbers of civillians killed in mudug region than ever happened in woqoyi galbeed. led by their very own dhagaweyne and col tanzania, both of whom ars currently in the political system in Sland. They then have the audacity to claim victims?.

Whatever may have happened between the warring sides in the rest of the country, the "somalinimo" was never lost and something like this will never happen.

I am not here to condemn them for they made a clear choice, it is now for us- the rest of Somalis to make our choice. Live with it

YoniZ   

Galbeedi, I seperate between the people and this Fascist government.

It will take ordinary people time to see this catastrophy.

Berbera is not as populated as Bosaso. It is an isolited place, which the government can have a tight control in nearly everything. If the port was in Hargeisa, that would have been totally different.

When you talk about dimonstrations organised in clan related matters, that is the case in every where Somalis live. Unfortunately, for Somalis, Qabil idol is much more powerful than anyother motivational factor.

The reason why the governer and the mayor are confronting one another infront of the cameras is not because one of them is from region A or W. It is what every Somali in any region would have done.

The TV crew who made this clip possible are from that area. If you listen to the background talking you realise how people onshore are against this madness.

This matter does not need generalising, or political point scoring. It needs help from every one to mobilise the public in helping the returnees who are in need of shelter and food.

If Kacaan was as rosty as you have painted, we would not have ended up in this stinky shit hole we are in now.

The elders, Ulamaa and civil society from the great sheikh's clan MUST come out strong to condemn these disgusting acts of blackguardism committed in their name.

I have faith, that the right thing will be done.

Odey   

Excuses excuses- if they are so incensed by the actions of their admin, how come we havent heard anything!. You claim it takes a while for such information to reach the general public and that the city of berbera is an empty city------ sorry, i am not buying that. The Sland admin went on VOA , BBC which between them reach over 90% of the Somali population in every region including Sland.

Then there was the spectacle that the Slamd admin treated us to in Berbera with all its senior officials present. Dont insult our intelligence by claiming people dont know, they know and know it too well. They have deliberately been agreeing with the actions of their admin and if the admin thought they will get opposition on this point, they wouldnt have dared given this is election time. You say the blame lies with Kulmiye- so what happened to all the other opposition parties who are known to be so vocal?. What happened to faisal warabe?, he usually is very vocal when it comes to insulting his brethren.

All in all- no one is buying this rubbish excuse.

Saalax   

Average citizens and Suldaans in Somaliland condemn actions of Senile Siilaanyo

admin.

“Waxan leeyahay Reer somaliland-now xaaladan ay ku sugan yihin dadkan qaxoontiga ahi waa xaladihii Aad soo marteen” Suldaan Cabdiraxiin Saxardiid Kaahin

http://oodweynemedia.com/2015/05/29/waxan-leeyahay-reer-somaliland-now-xaaladan-ay-ku-sugan-yihin-dadkan-qaxoontiga-ahi-waa-xaladihii-aad-soo-marteen-suldaan-cabdiraxiin-saxardiid-kaahin-oo-ka-damqaday-dhibaatooyinka-ay-berbera-kala/

ElPunto   

It is odd - how the average Somalilander seems to be ok with this egregious behaviour. But I don't expect the general masses anywhere in Somalia to come out organized and do anything apart from the usual qabiil thing. I did however expect culuma, local leaders and local NGOs to be more vocal and unequivocal. It is not as if people are afraid of condemning Siilaanyo & co - it's open season on him - and if I were his opponent - I would have used this against him regardless of principle.

galbeedi   

ELPunto, you are exactly right. The so called opposition could condemn and speak out , but they don't . In this part of Somaliland having mercy for other Somalis is seen as weakness or abandoning the illusion.

The headline of the article says that the Somalilanders were admitted, while Somalis were refused. Some of you naive youngsters might think that the admitted Landers were carrying registered passports or other credible documents which proves their citizenship. Folks that is not the case.

You may be able to separate Mr.john smith of Britain , from Mr. Smith of Canada or other anglophone countries by their citizenship and passport, but here in the land of the nomad, were citizenship, document and registry is non existent, the only way to profile innocent Somali war refugees is by asking their clan. If you are not from Awdal, Hargeisa or Sanaag, may Allah have a mercy for you.

Does anyone has any other way to separate poor Somalis.