Sign in to follow this  
Dhagax-Tuur

birth control programme campaign

Do we need more destitute people? Do we want to remain in a cycle of poverty? We humans manage everything else, why can't we manage our people when we can barely afford to keep the living ones alive?

How can we educate our people to have the number of kids one can feed, cloth and educate? Without sounding western, arrogant etc?

I welcome insults, constructive criticism and all good ideas.

P.s. I know it's not a new idea, but hasn't the time come!

Abortion and family planning are illegal under Islam, and I don't see Somalis ever doing anything to go against the teachings of Islam.

I agree with you that we need to stop having babies that we can't take care of, but u can't tell Somalis that.

Nin Yaaban, abortion is not even in consideration.

We're talking about family planning in Islamic fashion. Isn't it time given our situation.

Isfamily planning haraam? I doubt it even though I can't back it up theologically. I doubt that.

Safferz   

Dhagax-Tuur, your post smacks of eugenics (in the way that you're framing this -- we don't need certain types of people, controlling population growth because people are poor). But I do agree that there needs to be more knowledge about sexual/reproductive health and family planning among Somalis. It's important for a number of reasons, not only because the Somali territories have some of the worst infant and maternal mortality rates in the world, but because family planning is critical for development and female autonomy/advancement in society.

Contraception and natural family planning methods are not haram Nin-Yaaban, not sure where you're getting that from.

Dhagax-buur, be specific, what are you talking our back home and in the Horn?

Only economic development, education and access to decent healthcare can decrease population. One cannot ask or force poor people to have less children.

The children are assets to the poor.This is even more pronounced considering many children before adulthood.

<cite>
said:</cite>

Do we need more destitute people? Do we want to remain in a cycle of poverty? We humans manage everything else, why can't we manage our people when we can barely afford to keep the living ones alive?

How can we educate our people to have the number of kids one can feed, cloth and educate? Without sounding western, arrogant etc?

I welcome insults, constructive criticism and all good ideas.

P.s. I know it's not a new idea, but hasn't the time come!

Imaan laawe waaxid!

"Abortion and family planning are illegal under Islam, and I don’t see Somalis ever doing anything to go against the teachings of Islam."

This not true at all. Abortion is permissible under certain circumstance such rape or wither the life of the mother is in danger. Also family planning is not illegal...

<cite>

Abortion and family planning are illegal under Islam, and I don't see Somalis ever doing anything to go against the teachings of Islam.

I agree with you that we need to stop having babies that we can't take care of, but u can't tell Somalis that.

Exactly bro. Somalia is a large territory with few numbers of people. We are twice the size of Germany with 1/8 of their population.

We shouldn't be worried about birth control. We should focus more on economic development and creating free markets in Somalia.

<cite>

"Abortion and family planning are illegal under Islam, and I don’t see Somalis ever doing anything to go against the teachings of Islam."

This not true at all. Abortion is permissible under certain circumstance such rape or wither the life of the mother is in danger. Also family planning is not illegal...

You have no right to use unusual circumstances and make that into the general rule.

Abortion is haraam, unless the life of the mother is in danger. This is indisputable.

Tallaabo   

I don't think family planning is illigal in Islam. It is probably just undesirable because according to a sahih Hadith the prophet(scw) questioned its usefulness given that every soul destined to be born will be born regardless of our intervention.

<cite>

I don't think family planning is illigal in Islam. It is probably just undesirable because according to a sahih Hadith the prophet(scw) questioned its usefulness given that every soul destined to be born will be born regardless of our intervention.

It's not illegal at all.

Sometimes when you just want to get intimate with your spouse, you don't want to have that possibility of having another child especially when your wife JUST had a child right now and money is tight around the house.

Everyone in the world has different circumstances, and if they need to use birth control then so be it.

we need spacing between the children. not necessarily less children. its serious problem when two kids are cramped into a year, so that a Somali woman begets 6 kids in like 4.5 years. i would like to have up to 5 kids spaced out. 3 boys and 2 girls.

there's really no excuse for all these feral wildlings roaming the streets. our deen also encourages family planning. so people ought to take heed.