Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

This is a MURDER

Definitely, a murder! There was a big demo at downtown la yesterday regarding how many pple are killed by the cops.....since 2004, its > 6000 pple.

To me they look like criminal entity.

And he did get charged with capital murder and can face the death penalty if found guilty.

No need to shoot someone on the back when they are running away from you.

I am glad someone has recorded this, because it could've turned out differently and it would have been his words against those of a dead man.

ElPunto   

Happens all the time - just lucky it was captured on camera. What happens to the other cops on the scene who backed up the story of the killer cop? Any consequences for the coverup?

Odd that this story makes it on to SOL and not the 148 people killed in Garissa.

Tallaabo   

<cite>
said:</cite>

Happens all the time - just lucky it was captured on camera. What happens to the other cops on the scene who backed up the story of the killer cop? Any consequences for the coverup?

There was one black officer with the racist killer who was also probably involved in the cover up. I don't know what is wrong with the black members of the American police forces, waa bilaa damiir.

Odd that this story makes it on to SOL and not the 148 people killed in Garissa.

Unfortunately we got used to Alshabaab's endless crimes against humanity.

For far too long have cowards hiding behind the shields of law enforcement committed such atrocities with impunity.

Thankfully, with more technology these days, their days of impunity will come to an end soon!

Well, this is how I look at it. If you aren't doing anything wrong or illegal, then u won't have to be afraid of a rogue cop shooting you at the back.

Most of these recent shootings involved someone who was doing something they shouldn't have and quickly escalated into that.

Not saying it's right, but don't put urself in a position where cops are called on you. And if that happens, be very cooperative and respectful.

It just might save ur life.

^Dude you're justifying police brutality and their racism toward minorities. What have the young black kids in Walt-Mart and in the Park in Cleveland done wrong to be killed? When Police don't even give you the chance for you cooperate or worse treat you like a guilty person from the get go, there is nothing you could do to safe your life.

<cite>
said:</cite>

^Dude you're justifying police brutality and their racism toward minorities. What have the young black kids in Walt-Mart and in the Park in Cleveland done wrong to be killed? When Police don't even give you the chance for you cooperate or worse treat you like a guilty person from the get go, there is nothing you could do to safe your life.

Sxb I am not justifying police brutality, all I am saying is sometimes people put themselves in a situation where the outcome is predictable.

Believe me, I've had really bad experience with cops just like everyone else.

Everytime I've had an encounter with the cops, it wasn't because they decided 'Oh look, a Somali, let's go harass him'. Its not like the cops just show up out of the blue and just hassle people for no reason.

What happened to the Walter Scott in S.C and Michael Brown in Ferguson is sad and reprehensible. But where is the personal responsibility?

What were those two doing before they got killed? Where they involved in anything they shouldn't have?

Again, I am not justifying the shooting death of those two. But just saying the outcome was to be expected.

Brother, yes, there are some rogue police officers out there who just go out and profile certain segment of the society, then harass, beat, plant false evidence and arrest them, and in some cases kill them. Walter Scott has done nothing wrong that warranted his life to be taken, so was Mr. Brown. Police work for the public including those murdered black guys, so the police is responsible for the safety of the citizens their serve not the other way round. Those men died coz those police officers were rogue and treat them differently. White police men would more likely shoot a black teen than he would a white teen. Why do you think is that?

ElPunto   

^There is no personal responsibility here involved. Walter Scott was stopped - there was police scuffle and attempt to taser. Then he got shot in the back while running away. It isn't the smartest thing to run away from police but then not everyone is smart all the time. The onus to act responsibly and intelligently is on the police officer whose job it is to ensure public safety. Not to murder people and then plant evidence.

I don't fault average citizens if they get nervous/worried when confronted by law enforcement. I get like that when crossing the US/Canada border or landing at airports. I can't imagine how I would react if a police officer pulled a gun or taser on me.