Sign in to follow this  
Saalax

Greetings from Hargeisa, Somaliland

ileen ninku hasn't gone out of dhaanta habar qalooc. loooooool. and claims Hargeisa is all qashin and lacking infrastructure.

Salaax, is that an oromo rummaging through the qashin in the doox? looooool

Saalax   

Dooxa is in central Hargeisa,  Suuqa Waaheen is central Hargeisa  which is part of 26 June and the other side of the dooxa settled by Alpha Blondy's community :D and many of the pictures, the suuq is the melting pot of Hargeisa where no particular clan dominates it so one would expect it would look better than other areas but it is messed up. I have went to Hadhwanaag restaurant in Ahmed Dhagax(very nice food),  Jigjgiyar, most  other neighborhoods and I noticed they all have something in common which is lack of infrastructure no proper paved roads and lots of trash Lol. Today apparently was the only day in the year where  the "local government" cleans and they were burning rubbish and leaving it in the streets. The whole point of cleaning is to get the rubbish out of sight not burning it in the street and leaving it there, reminds me of the west Africans that were leaving Ebola bodies in the streets.

i don't belong to any particular community, you neef.

yh, the national cleaning day is an excellent initative, ruunti.

anyways, what you saying about meeting up bro?

Saalax   

I am in Burco niyohow at the moment and will be heading to the east Sanaag/Sool my ancestral land for some project. The countryside is not that bad the road between Hargeisa and Berbera large parts of it got fixed but still the rest neeeds to be finished.The road between Berbera to Laalays is a joke, when I entered Sheikh area I got served fresh guavas, eating guavas while driving through dawga Sheikh at night was a good memory. As far as mosquitoes are concerned suddenly Hargeisa is the best as there is no poisonous mosquito problem there.

Safferz   

<cite>
said:</cite>

Gheele Hargeisa has failed I am afraid in terms of infrastructure I am totally disappointed with it  in addition with lack of cleanliness(lots of trash everywhere in the streets) , for a city that claims to have 1 million residents how can 99% of roads be in shambles?  Mogadishu and Jigjiga have surpassed it easily in terms of infrastructure.

That's true, but I love the vibe in Hargeisa more than any other city I've been to in the Horn.

Adam   

<cite>
said:</cite>

I am in Burco niyohow at the moment and will be heading to the east Sanaag/Sool my ancestral land for some project. The countryside is not that bad the road between Hargeisa and Berbera large parts of it got fixed but still the rest neeeds to be finished.The road between Berbera to Laalays is a joke, when I entered Sheikh area I got served fresh guavas, eating guavas while driving through dawga Sheikh at night was a good memory. As far as mosquitoes are concerned suddenly Hargeisa is the best as there is no poisonous mosquito problem there.

did you ever get to that mandheera project I told you about ,kkkk dont hide walewyne lover . Also when did you go to moqadisho and jajigaa beenti walewyne baa soo xaafidey. Somalia toosa, hal ummad ,calanka bluuga, Morgansim,Calisamatarism,afweynes I piss on all those fake slogans and ilmu xaraamis.

Saalax   

Updates. After a week in the east I have come into the conclusion that Burco is

better than Hargeisa in many areas such as water supply and wide roads. The

weather is good in Burco as well, the only disadvantage it has against Hargeisa

is it has more feral mosquitoes. As for which city has better looking chicks the

report hasn't finished yet. :D

Mooge   

lool. niyoow Saalax, historically Buroa takes the cake and has much better chicks than Oromo town.

is it true ceerigaabo has become a village and has shrunk in size ten fold after the civil war? good to hear buroa is booming niyoow.

Saalax   

Burco is underrated, it actually has a very good potential since it is cleaner and has better urban planning than Hargeisa plus a large water supply, Burco even exports

bottled mineral water to other cities all across Somali areas that is how blessed it

it is, you will spot bottled mineral water companies made in Burco such as Maaxda,

Saxansaxo and so many more. As for Ceerigaabo it is true it is lagging behind a bit

but things are improving with new roads.

The only Somali "City" I've been to is JigJiga. It is still relatively small, not as big as Mogadishu or hargeisa. The town is being promoted as the regions capital so there is some investment on roads etc. When compared to other Ethiopian cities it's way of the pace, more like a small dusty town lol. The Main thing it has going for it is planning,there seems to be some order to the buildings, specially the new builds. The streets seem to be clean enough, although when you leave the main roads you do come across plenty of crap.Electricity has a tendency to drop. There is the ever present police force who will search you at any given opportunity, this is a major put off. On the upside the City is in a great location,good links with neighboring Somali Cities, decent weather and plenty of future potential.

I have heard a lot of good things from hargeisa to be honest, seems Very vibrant. The city is at the forefront of everything Somali, it's a very important city for all Somalis, unfortunately for me I did't have enough time to cross the border. next trip inshallah.

I plan on going to Somalia starting with Hargeisa, then Bosaso down to Mogadishu finishing my tour back up to the town of my birth qabri dahere in the Somali region of Ethiopia.

Tallaabo   

^ I am afraid you will be disappointed in Hargeisa when a mountain of trash greets you at every street corner. London in the 16th century was actually more developed than Hargeisa in the 21st century.

There are very few roads worth the name in Hargeisa and even those roads are chaotically clogged with all sorts of transport vehicles including donkeys. As there is no drainage system in the city the rough roads are transformed into raging rivers whenever it rains. The electricity is also more expensive there than any other place I have seen.

^nonsense.

by the way have you heard about the three-legged donkey in Burao. i heard it the other day and its funny walahi. so much hype surrounding this donkey.