Sign in to follow this  
Saalax

Greetings from Hargeisa, Somaliland

Saalax   

This city isn't what I was expecting, first of all it is as hot as Djibouti

in daylight if not worse, night time is cold though(thank god). 99% of roads

are in shambles, there is only one proper paved road in central Hargeisa. There

is litter everywhere to the point you get the feeling there is absence of working

local government,you will also see so many shanty houses around the edges of the

roads that house dozens of men chewing khat, there is a lot of poverty as well you

will find people from young to old begging you for cash in the open markets and everywhere.I have accepted the reality that Hargeisa is very far from what it is

portrayed as, nevertheless I wouldn't trade Hargeisa for elsewhere in Somali

regions, at least here you don't have to watch your back against random bombs,

the girls are pretty as well so that is a plus.I will be heading to my ancestral

towns in the east in few weeks inshallah.

Adam   

Good , you have accepted reality. So hodheelki.baa deganty number iso qoor.pm. all that trash talking is gonna end today.

Saalax   

I took a lot of videos and pictures as evidence (more will be taken),

a lot of people will be infuriated by the reality soon lol.

Mooge   

Lool@adam, my oromo friend. he is threatening physical violence. looool.

saalax niyoow wzup?. show us the pictures of Hargeisa.

A friend of mine told me that Hargeisa is 35% Oromo. what is what these Oromos and invading Somali land? where are the native hargeisawis? niyoow give me more info since you are there.

Saalax   

Mooge I am good niyohow alhamdullilah. I did take pictures but also a lot of videos I will upload it here sometime. To be honest I have seen a lot of Somali looking people also begging, so I am not sure if it is Oromo only that beg. The strange thing is in my  entire time in Hargeisa I haven't seen a single wheelbarrow(karyoon), there is basically no xamaals here that is how lazy people are and addicted to khat. On the other hand a lot of people are doing ok for themselves there is  a shop everywhere and  many restaurants, many bus/taxi services.

nuune   

^^ As long the girls are pretty, everything else is ok with him.

Saalax, niyahow enjoy, you are lucky enjoying fresh food, weather, and .......

Tallaabo   

<cite>
said:</cite>

Salaax,

lets meet up man. i'll show you around, ma garatay?

you're so full of bs, taking foul of our nation's captials, bakhtiyahow.

Relax Mr Blondy. Although much of Saalax's comments in this forum is nothing more than cyber mooryaanism, his description of our nation's capital isn't actually that far off the mark.

We are still waiting for the photos and videos, Saalax. As for the description of Hargaisa, it doesn't sound that bad for a Somali city. I think Hargaisa is far better off than lots of other cities in the peninsula. Not sure why would Saalax expect to see world class city in an under developed country. Somali cities have a long way to go to be even considered cities in world standards.

Some of the landers here weren't fun of your political views, so be careful with whom you meet up with, waryaa..Alpha is cool though!

Saalax   

Saalax presents the real Hargeisa.  Here are the photos folks I have uploaded them in  this new blog called Somaliland trip 2015 as it is quicker to upload pictures there. From Hargeisa Bazaar Suuqa Waaheen (biggest open market in Hargeisa city )  to the daily life in the streets of varied neighborhoods in Hargeisa filled with men chewing khat and dooxa  in central Hargeisa. I have uploaded 9 pictures I will upload more later on.Surprisingly earlier today was the first time since being here I saw a wheelbarrow being used in the city. I also took videos and pictures of the roads as a evidence 99% of them are in shambles, there is basically no proper paved roads in Hargeisa apart from one.

http://somalilandtrip2015.blogspot.com/

Saalax   

Gheele Hargeisa has failed I am afraid in terms of infrastructure I am totally disappointed with it  in addition with lack of cleanliness(lots of trash everywhere in the streets) , for a city that claims to have 1 million residents how can 99% of roads be in shambles?  Mogadishu and Jigjiga have surpassed it easily in terms of infrastructure.

Saalax   

Talaabo has a point. I don't understand how some of the other landers here are content with low standards. Hargeisa is suppose to be our capital yet there is no infrastructure to speak off, doesn't that bother you.