Sign in to follow this  
Gheelle.T

Bosaso Airport under construction

Good progress!

Somalis should be employed as long as that their involvement doesn't diminish the quality of the end product. There is a serious lack of capacity.

Anyway, Gheelle.T, it is not just Bosaso Airport. It is Bosaso International Airport, garoon caalami ah, the best in East Africa :-)

Get it right ninyahow :-)

Waraa Che, there will be flights from/to Mogadishu and Hargaisa,so it will be International AIRPORT :) And yeah the best in the Horn indeed, thanks for the correction ;) Jokes aside, when are you coming to Cagaaran? Mise sidaadi baad oran, Xamar aan ku dhashay ;)

nuune   

^^^ Ninkaan Che Nairobi meel uma dhaafo markuu Africa yimaado, and by Nairobi, I mean Islii ehehe

Nuune...Once was enough for me. Isli iga daa, but it was good to see family and MMA.

Gheelle.T Meesha busta badan maxaa iga jira ninyahow. I rather go to qaloocan if it's still greenish. Besides, Cagaraan wants to join Galmudug hehe.

Waraa Nuune..Give us your opinion what's sort of plane can land there given Bosaso gets this airport as advertised.

nuune   

RUNWAY:

Boosaaso: 5.4KM : All aircraft can land & take off, 3.4KM diyaaradaa ku carareysa(heavy one's), the remaining 2KM are the safety/approach area, 1KM from East and 1KM to the west, or on both ends.

Berbera: 4.14km: All aircraft can land, Russian spaceships used to land here

Mogadishu: 3.8KM: All aircraft can land here, heavy airlines have little room for safety/approach area

Kismayo: 3.68KM : All aircraft can land and take off easily, no safety area as well but job can be done easily like Mogadishu.

Jigjiga: 2.5KM : Not all aircraft can land or take off, unless squeezed by experienced pilots.

Hargeisa: 2.4KM: Not all aircraft sizes can land here or take off, recently, we have debated the Hargeisa airport project saga to death.

So Boosaaso will have the longest runway in Somalia, the design was changed from 2.8KM to 5.4KM, this is what caused the delay, the airport manager said.

But I hope they build a nice terminal, we don't need cariish ama mundul terminal.

nuune   

loool Diktoorka and Mooge, khaasatan Diktoorka will say he invites Russian spaceships powered by Nuclear Power to land at Boosaaso for re-fuel(they already powered by nuclear but he will insist they get re-fuel here ehehe).

I have added Kismaayo in the list, comes just after Mogadishu, it has a better runway, but the terminal is so little, well not bad considering the little traffic it gets.

Nuunka, salaan sare Awoowe.

I believe the scope is to build a runway only and doesn't include a terminal. The existing building built by Adde Muse's government will be used. That is the only downside of this project.

nuune   

Salaan sare mid la mida Awoowe, Libaax,

Well if that is the case, that sounds really bad, that existing building can only be described as a warehouse, with this long runway, the airport can actually be a hub for other airlines worlwide to transit and all that, maybe they are planning or outsourcing with another vendor to build the terminal once the runway is finished.

It is worse-looking than a warehouse Awoowe. I don't know how to describe it. The Garowe Airport will have a new terminal building, however. The construction starts late this year. I think Abdiweli's government may already be planning what to do about the Bosaso Airport's terminal.

Miyir   

<cite>
said:</cite>

RUNWAY:

So Boosaaso will have the longest runway in Somalia, the design was changed from 2.8KM to 5.4KM, this is what caused the delay, the airport manager said.

But I hope they build a nice terminal, we don't need cariish ama mundul terminal.

Nuune

Ma naga hubtaa mise waa jeebkaada inta Km oo said-ka ah?