Sign in to follow this  
burahadeer

Mogadishu's face lift-very nice.

Compare to today's news from Hargeisa to the above...

you have been overstepping the line far too long; and since you have multiple disasters in your hands, one outcome of which the majority of the city residents are likely in a state of ritual impurities because of water scarcity (by the way, can you account for the USD 3 million fund from African Development Bank appropriated and approved by then PM Gaas for Hargeisa water projects? Has it gone to the Hargeisa Qat Houses?) Isn't it time to harness the emotional outbursts you have been exposed to by overzealous psychopaths devoid of rational thinking in your attempts to taper the Somali unity off? Isn't time to ask Allah for absolution and forgiveness and come back, psychologically, to the open hands of Mother Somalia and to the lentic environment of "babaaygii Janaaliyo, canbe Jilib ku taalaay, muuskuu Jamaamiyo...".

Compare to today's news from Hargeisa to above

you have been overstepping the line far too long; and since you have multiple disasters in your hands, one outcome of which the majority of the city residents are likely in a state of ritual impurities because of water scarcity (by the way, can you account for the USD 3 million fund from African Development Bank appropriated and approved by then PM Gaas for Hargeisa water projects? Has it gone to the Hargeisa Qat Houses?) Isn't it time to harness the emotional outbursts you have been exposed to by overzealous psychopaths devoid of rational thinking in their attempts to taper the irrefrangible Somali unity off? Isn't it time to ask Allah for absolution and forgiveness and come back, psychologically, to the open hands of Mother Somalia and to the lentic environment of "babaaygii Janaaliyo, canbe Jilib ku taalaay, muuskii Jamaamiyo...".

Odey   

Time for the Federal Government to step in and start bringing the senile old man to account.

Putting my opposition to that old Senile man aside, I think we are all taking things out of perspective. I was in Hargeisa recently and it is a beautiful city, more importantly it is populated with great people and I left feeling very welcomed and humbled by their hospitality. that doesn't diminish my opposition to the incumbent senile leader though, if anything it increases it. Such good people deserve a better leader. I was in other cities as well, such as Bosaso, Garowe, Galkacyo, Laasqoray, Xamar, Baidoa( my biggest surprise) and Kismayo and I came to the conclusion that the Somali people have no animosity between them, it's just that we have leaders who see their interests in the division of our people.

So, we need to look at the key problem and that is our own stupidity. Why should we accept to be told that so and so is our enemy when I know full well that when the chips are down, he/she will be the same one I would ask for help?.

Take the Diaspora for example, aside from individual cases where they have personal grudges, generally Somalis live together, share resources and are happy to co-exist which pretty much proves my point- We don't have major problems between us but that politicians are using us for their own interest. This brings me back to my earlier accusation that we are "stupid"- aren't we stupid for allowing them to use us in such way?.

@ GaadhHaye: don't spoil the thread,why I paste this video is to make people like you stop meaningless bubbling and confrontational style we been accustomed to in Somali sites,I can match your rhetoric word for word but decline to do so.Bring some meaningful.Live in Hargeisa and is mostly fine with water,some areas get tankers and thus water shortages from time to time,and a big project is underway to be finished by end of year.Would like to be the few eager to change this good site into place of good ideas and constructive engagement.Either join us or sit back.

Let people of Mogadishu enjoy their peace & prosperity, we happy for them.

and enjoy this one too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQbSupgvbCk

<cite>
said:</cite>

^Do you have spoil it?

I apologize for not being clear upfront. The ordinary people in Hargeisa and elsewhere in the northwest region not only deserve respect from me but I must admit I have great friends and relatives in them. My target is the SNM gang foot soldiers such as burahadheer and xaaji xunjuf who have been lately exhibiting characteristics "of running with the hire and hunting with hound".

But again. No more sugarcoating and political correctness. I say anyone who wastes time, material wealth and energy to try to achieve the unachievable and as the cliche goes "doing the same thing all over again and expecting different results"-- I say he is psychopathically unbalanced i.e. the SNM gang headed by Siilanyo are, for sure, maniacs. Take it from me....

YoniZ   

<cite>
said:</cite>

Time for the Federal Government to step in and start bringing the senile old man to account.

Putting my opposition to that old Senile man aside, I think we are all taking things out of perspective. I was in Hargeisa recently and it is a beautiful city, more importantly it is populated with great people and I left feeling very welcomed and humbled by their hospitality. that doesn't diminish my opposition to the incumbent senile leader though, if anything it increases it. Such good people deserve a better leader. I was in other cities as well, such as Bosaso, Garowe, Galkacyo, Laasqoray, Xamar, Baidoa( my biggest surprise) and Kismayo and I came to the conclusion that the Somali people have no animosity between them, it's just that we have leaders who see their interests in the division of our people.

So, we need to look at the key problem and that is our own stupidity. Why should we accept to be told that so and so is our enemy when I know full well that when the chips are down, he/she will be the same one I would ask for help?.

Take the Diaspora for example, aside from individual cases where they have personal grudges, generally Somalis live together, share resources and are happy to co-exist which pretty much proves my point- We don't have major problems between us but that politicians are using us for their own interest. This brings me back to my earlier accusation that we are "stupid"- aren't we stupid for allowing them to use us in such way?.

Odey, I have recently been to the most of places you mentioned above, and my findings where contrary to what you described.

Your analogy, that the society is healthy and the problem are the leaders, is totally the opposite of what I have observed. Leaders are reflection of the society and every single one that comes forward is either, sick as the majority of the society, or get infected quickly coz he want to survive as a leader.

Corruption is deep rooted in the society, any clean politician will not survive one day without being pressured by the society (specially his next of kin) to act and behave as corrupted, otherwise he is wasting the seat they have in the government. What they really crave is the characteristics of a corrupted leader (Nin rag ah oo wax qabsada, reerkiisana wax uga qabta jagada inta uu hayo).

Maryooley are great actors, don't be fooled by the sweet talk. Hatred and qabyaalad is the norm that comes in every conversation, specially when you sit with people from the same clan who feel comfortable to speak their mind.

Characters you see at this forum (Axmed, Xaaji, Mooge, Malister, etc) are what you have back home. The venue and the style is different but the mentality and the style is identical.

Solutions lie with treating the ills of the society, and then, only then, the leaders will follow suit. 30+ years of animosity has never been properly addressed. It has to be addressed, not swept under the carpet, and hope that will fade away.

I'm really happy for Mogadishu, it has the potential to be the trading hub for east Africa. In few more years I don't think anybody will recognizer it if the security situation keeps improving.