Sign in to follow this  
OdaySomali

Well done to Somaliland

The arrogance of the UN and the interloping Ethiopians knows no bounds. Apparently they sent representatives to S/L and asked to inspect the ship that docked at Berbera, as though what we Somalis do at Berbera is any of their business. They are trying to control and instruct the democratically elected S/L government to serve their own needs... their arrogance is astounding.

But it is reassuring that the Somaliland government firmly denied their request and said that they cannot inspect the ship or its content, as is the S/L government's prerogative. It is none of their business. I hope the S/L government sticks to this position and denies them any access.

As reported by the treacherous Garowe Online:

Somaliland's separatist administration in northwestern Somalia has denied UN Monitors access to Berbera seaport according to independent sources, Garowe Online reports.

UN experts along with Ethiopian consular officials were refused entry into the port after a ship allegedly carrying weapons docked a few days ago.

High-ranking officials in Somaliland government reportedly issued the order to bar visiting UN monitors from the seaport.

Garowe Online was unable to reach UN experts for comments on the matter.

http://www.garoweonline.com/page/show/post/1595/somalia-somaliland-denies-un-monitors-access-to-berbera-port

Mooge   

Odey, your true colors are coming out niyoow. sowdigii "somali people rise up" nagu warerin jirey. lol.

niyoow, there is nothing great about Somaliland denying independent inspectors to look at this ship carrying weapons for Alshabab reminents in Galgala mountains and beyond. All that Somaliland is going to do is unload it and transport it to the mountains with trucks as it has been doing all along. if UN inspectors see the weapon and how much, then the Somaliland may not ship the weapon to Galgala terrorist as it has been doing because people are going to ask where is the rest of shipment.

niyoow, make sense and help the well being of your people regardless of clan or tribe. cuqdad qabil niyoow iska dhaf. Puntlanders and other somali people will be the victims of Alshabab terrorists if these weapons reach the terrorist and any sensible Somali should be worried that Somaliland is hiding something niyoow.

make sense niyoow. don't be blinded by clan. innocent people will be blown up by these terrorists whether they live in Mogadishu or Bosaso niyoow.

Mooge, this has nothing to do with clan, nor is there any evidence to suggest that these weapons will be transported to the ever elusive "terrorists" in Galgala. And it's highly ironic that you of all people should tell me: "don't be blinded by clan".

I strive for the welfare of all Somali people.

What this is about is a Somali 'state'/political entity saying no to interloping foreigners trying direct their actions, which is something that I wholeheartedly support. I invite you to join me in congratulating Somaliland's political leaders on this decision.

Mooge   

niyoow, your thinking is clouded by clan hatred. look at your logic. it is more important for you to deny an independent inspector to look at a ship full of dangerous weapon instead of preventing these weapons falling into the hands of terrorists. you call Garoweonline treacherous while praising Somaliland which is a prime example of treason at the highest order by dismembering the nation of Somalia.

your priorities are clearly with the terrorists and not with the Somali people. my friend shekoyinka somali empowerment ugu sheekee wixi ka dhagaysanaya. you have exposed yourself niyoow.

While you're arguing qabiil and barren territories, the Ethiopians have occupied the country.

The current leadership and the rejected ministers have made every possible effort to deliver on General Gabre's plan. The country is divided along clan lines and each new state is made in such a way that it is connected from Ethiopia to the Indian ocean. We must remember that Ethiopian troops control 60% of the country. And that Ethiopia is a landlocked country with 90 million people. While all you Somalis, blessed with resources and a strategic location--are less than 10 million. 10 million that have wasted 25 years, and have made no use of their God-given blessings.

If I was Ethiopia---I would eat your lunch because you don't even know how to wash your hands.

Su'aasha is simple. Ma tashan misse waa laguu talin?

http://foreignpolicyblogs.com/2015/01/05/somalias-new-race-against-time/

^ I agree with the sentiments you posted. My comments are directed toward the general SOL population. There is a dangerous tendency to ignore the big picture and to focus on the minor political clashes. I am just as guilty as any.

Mooge   

there is not big picture niyoow. corrupt organization called Damjadiid has pissed on your future. other regions are only trying to lift themselves up. there is nothing wrong with that.

if you are concerned for somalia's future niyoow, you should join mooge's campaign to get rid of qoslaye.