Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

Capture this pic

<cite>
said:</cite>

it is not capture. It is caption niyoow. lool.

"adeer, mac i sii"

abti,

its capture. where did you learn English, horta?

still, perhaps you can give us further insights into what this pic represents....

Mooge   

ok whatever niyoow.

niyoow that is an innocent child probably the daughter of some unuka friend of qoslaye forced to give Erdogan a kiss. what i like is the humility of Erdogan who is not afraid to touch Somali kids niyoow. i saw another picture from the famine. a powerful figure like him has no issue with touching sick children but our own politicians feel they will catch a disease if they come close to a sick child.

<cite>

ok whatever niyoow.

niyoow that is an innocent child probably the daughter of some unuka friend of qoslaye forced to give Erdogan a kiss. what i like is the humility of Erdogan who is not afraid to touch Somali kids niyoow. i saw another picture from the famine. a powerful figure like him has no issue with touching sick children but our own politicians feel they will catch a disease if they come close to a sick child.

interesting analysis.

there is something slightly concerning about the way you talk about our people. that we should be grateful for having Erdogan's touch. saas miyaa?

<cite>

yeah. i do. there's a skewed power dynamic.

what do you think Ken?

Turkey is a great power that is trying to cultivate allies in the region. And right now they're trying to prop up the failed Somali State.

It's only disturbing to you because we Somalis put ourselves in this ugly situation. That doesn't mean that in the future we won't see a powerful Somalia, but right now we see an extremely weak Somali State that needs the help of foreign powers just to survive. The truth hurts

11800130_10206323232494164_3747674026117

11822851_10206323232534165_8975966778483

11703529_10206323232454163_1713393142116

reception for new Somalia Ambassador to Kenya Jamal Hussein.

Kenyatta has a patronising look to him and is genuinely surprised that Somalia have appointed a court jester as an Ambassador. on the other hand, we could infer Jamal's reasons for dressing like this was an attempt to resist/contest Kenya's domination in Somalia - presenting a reinvigorated Somalia with a new distinct identity. or maybe he's put these hajj garments on to worship Kenyatta. hard to say, really.

my own opinion is he shouldn't have worn this.

what do you guys think?

Alph you just remind me in old Arab song says 'the somali man sold his coat and bought himself a new one'

Bro We have to be Proud of your roots! And proud of our dress and not afraid to keep wearing it.

And always be proud of who you are not shamed of how other see you.

I don't think he should have worn that either. You don't have to show or prove to anyone you are Somali.

Wear something appropriate and professional, like a suit or something.

Mooge   

jamaal is my dear friend niyoow. he is going to be excellent ambassador. just two days ago we were together making plans for next move. he is staunch puntlander and is very good friends with PM CCC.

he is doing well so far niyooow. let us welcome him with open arms niyoow.