Sign in to follow this  
Odey

Revolution in the Midst of the chaos

Odey   

While we have all been busy arguing about the FG new cabinet and thev"Awdal" issue, the Galmudug/Puntland problem, one thing is taking place right now that caught my attention.

The Puntland cabinet is presenting their end of year report on what they achieved against their proposed work programme they put forward at the beginning of the year. This to me is real governance!. They are not holding back in the questioning either. I have not seen anything as in depth as this anywhere in Somalia before. In the past it was a few grand gestures but this is a school master hearing out his students and holding them to account. I am impressed.

Adam   
Odey, this picture is more than enough for me to know things are improving. Tissues on table, chocolate for tubby abdiweli , and serious face. A serious meeting for very important people.

Government Minister reporting what X NGO or UN agency/fund have done in X village as his achievement is an insult to Puntlanders, this is nothing but PR on Abdiwali's part and it may look nice to outsiders like Odey, but reer Puntland and Abdiwali himself know too he hasn't appointed one single Minster who can deliver his/her mandate in the first to begin with (may be Ali Haji who is not in the right Ministry) I'm saying this because i have first hand experience by working with 4 different ministries in Puntland.

Mooge   

<cite>
said:</cite>

Government Minister reporting what X NGO or UN agency/fund have done in X village as his achievement is an insult to Puntlanders, this is nothing but PR on Abdiwali's part and it may look nice to outsiders like Odey, but reer Puntland and Abdiwali himself know too he hasn't appointed one single Minster who can deliver his/her mandate in the first to begin with (may be Ali Haji who is not in the right Ministry) I'm saying this because i have first hand experience by working with 4 different ministries in Puntland.

Beergaal, Abdiweli's government has made a great progress niyoow. there is nothing wrong with putting pressure on the ministries so they can work towards people's interest. this presentation of progress is part of the accountability abdiweli promised. i saw with my own eyes Puntland's progress and I've just visited there recently. believe me things are really going well.

Let us be honest my friend and support the progress that is happening on the ground.

Odey   

Beer Gaal.

You are missing the point. We all know somalia and all it's admins are not exactly cash rich, nor can they offer the kind of ability normal countries have. The point in this exercise is accountability. The fact that this process is opening up governance of Puntland to real accountability with the little it has is the key point here.. This in turn will make accountability the norm to be seen in every other department. Moving on from there, the public will also get used to the same. In the long term, this one single meeting will have played a pivotal role in transforming governance. It's never been attempted anywhere else before in Somali territories and so it is IMPORTANT for that reason.

ADAM- Grow up

Odey   

<cite>
said:</cite>

I think Beer-Gaal works for NGO and now has to pay income tax :-)

lol!, come to think of it, it is strange for any civil servant to move to four different departments in a short while. It is therefore feasible Beer Gaal is with an NGO and as you said due to file the yearly taxes lol