Sign in to follow this  
Ismail Jabar

Did you know that the only

Elevator Somalia ever had or has was just opened in Hargeisa. It's at the new Dahabshiil building. That folks, indeed is a terrible acknowledgement. We are indeed at the bottom. We talking elevators in Somalia in 2014 !

Safferz   

I'm surprised Mogadishu didn't beat Hargeisa to it. I've never been there but from what I've heard and seen in photos, there seems to be a lot of development and I would have thought they'd have a high story building by now. I think the Dahabshiil building is only 7 floors, so we're not talking skyscrapers here lol.

Well it's just 7 floors but it cost them $12m...that's the most expensive tower in all of Somalia ( not all the Somali speaking regions tho ..bc...that's goes to the Rapinski hotel in Djabouti )

Adam   

<cite>
said:</cite>

Elevator Somalia ever had or has was just opened in Hargeisa. It's at the new Dahabshiil building. That folks, indeed is a terrible acknowledgement. We are indeed at the bottom. We talking elevators in Somalia in 2014 !

This is very very very terrible news . This calls for some buscuds and Caano which we thank god have plenty of back home in the old country here u go enjoy orio .

somalee   

As bleak as this sounds, it's a stark misrepresentation of the current developments ongoing in Somalia and the capabilities of native Somalis.

1. You only need elevators for very tall buildings and there are not many in Somalia and 2. Somalis (from Somalia) in East Africa own very nice hotels and buildings fitted with both elevators and escalators.

Coofle   

999831_400908056685776_735248746_n.jpg

nowandthen_shanghai.jpg

Although We don't have the same prospects Dubai or china, but what we all need is to keep the hope high....and let us look at this..

null

Or let us not forget where we come from in the 90s

hargeisa_nursing_school_destroyed_war.jp

so05_03d.jpg

4z2.jpg