Sign in to follow this  
DoctorKenney

Somali Prime Minister voted out of Office!

somalee   

Already three prime ministers in one term, and maybe it doesn't even stop there. What kind of a person does the president want?

Strange how Somalis keep electing the worst possible leaders to govern their country. Whether its in Hargeisa or in Mogadishu....the game continues.

While the honest, patriotic Somalis tend to choose to stay away from politics and all that buuq, this gives the most corrupt Somalis the space and ability to maneuver their way into power.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."-- Edmund Burke

Tallaabo   

<cite>
said:</cite>

Strange how Somalis keep electing the worst possible leaders to govern their country. Whether its in Hargeisa or in Mogadishu....the game continues.

While the honest, patriotic Somalis tend to choose to stat away from politics and all that buuq, this gives the most corrupt Somalis the space and ability to maneuver their way into power.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."-- Edmund Burke

There is very little faith in and fear of Allah in every Somali community. That is why the bad people keep getting power. No God-fearing Muslim will ever give his or her support to a known munaafaq.

<cite>

There is very little faith in and fear of Allah in every Somali community. That is why the bad people keep getting power. No God-fearing Muslim will ever give his or her support to a known munaafaq.

Most of the development which goes on in Hargeisa, is done by PRIVATE INDIVIDUALS, not the government. Private, patriotic Somalis are the ones who invest in Hargeisa or Mogadishu. They're the ones responsible for all the progress, not the leaders or so-called "Presidents".

Whereas the leaders step in and claim credit for projects which were carried out by private organizations or corporations.

Malistar always posts pictures of how much progress Mogadishu is going through, but he declines to mention that Culusow isn't responsible for this progress. If anything, he's hindering the progress from taking place faster.

The current situation in Hargeisa and Mogadishu is directly the fault of god-fearing Somalis choosing to not get involved in the affairs of their own country. I know dozens of upright, moral, intelligent, and god-fearing Somali men who would do a far better job of governing Somalia than our current crop of leaders. Yet these men choose to stay out of the spotlight. They choose to not get involved and this inevitably leads to unqualified men like Culusow gaining power. This isn't even about tribe, I personally know several Somali men who hail from Culusow's sub-clan, who are far more qualified to be President than he is. We need to be more alert. We can't just expect the situation to fix itself, and every upright and god-fearing Somali man should pressure his clan elders and use whatever leverage he can to help change the situation in Somalia

Adam   

Where are those who for weeks said Abdiweli will not be ousted by the parliament, face the facts guys abdiweli and his administration are out . I understand why some people are quit tonight and will not enter this thread. L

Mooge   

DoctorKenney, damjadiid has been exposed and is struggling to survive niyoow. Watch my words. these guys are finished niyoow. my predictions come true and i know qoslaye is history.

Well, it seems 'FutureNow' was correct all along in predicting the PM was in a losing position. As for money changing hands, what else is new when it comes to the pseudo-parliament?!?

I think what the FutureNow was trying to teach Nomads on this Board was how to think analytically instead of with their desires when it comes to predicting the daily political happenings within Somalia.

I see many have changed their tunes once this vote was over and have moved the goal posts to lamenting how damaged the President and his Dam Jadid clique are. There might be some truth to that, but unfortunately the Western donors went so deeply into bed with Hassan Sheikh from the beginning in a desperate hope for a 'new day' in Somalia that it's too late to pull out now. The only option is to see him to the end of his Presidential term and hope a few of the milestones of the 'Vision 2016' get accomplished in the remaining period.

<cite>

Hi all. I said it before and will say it again, UN Trusteeship is on the way if Somalis don't wake up.

If Somali leadership in Mogadishu doesn't wake up, then they will most definitely break up Somalia into several countries; Somaliland, Puntland, etc.

That is the only feasible option that they will come up with

Norf,

Trusteeship is already here. What does the Federal Gov't control? Very little. It doesn't pay even its own forces, which are payed directly by the donors and irregularly at that(for which the Fed Gov gets blamed by the soldiers). But this takes away control and disciplinary powers away from the Mogadishu gov't. The only power the Fed gov has is thru the funding it receives through the corrupt Mogadishu port proceeds and the few millions thrown to its leaders in their endless trips to the Arabian Gulf.

It has no control over the newly liberated regions(from Al Shabaab) which are effectively managed by whatever AMISOM contigent has recently liberated that area. So the political tussles within the Executive branch and the Parliament are the only 2 things the Mogadishu gov't has any power of influence over (basically the happenings within 2 buildings in the space of the former Somalia).

To me, that sounds like trusteeship!

N.O.R.F   

I know saxib but this is a transition period to the 2016 elections. If the elections in 2016 don't happen and/or this sacking the PM things continues, it will be for a longer period of time. Then again, and alternatively, bringing in a white 'CEO' from a fortune 500 company might not be such a bad thing.

N.O.R.F   

Oodweyne, I'm good saxib. Hope all is well up there in blighty. The inherent greed in Somalis needs to disappear before any progress is made.

Oodweyne, so you're saying that by the looks of things, the Americans, the Europeans, the Turks, and the Arabs are so fed up with Hassan Sheikh that there is no possible way this wretched President would ever be re-elected in 2016.

And Hassan Sheikh is well aware of this fact, that he's never gonna be President of Somalia again. That he destroyed whatever political capital he had and will be replaced by a (hopefully) more competent President in 2016