Sign in to follow this  
Safferz

Triple homicide victims in Toronto were a Somali family

<cite>
said:</cite>

not surprised by this heinous crime.

this is what happens when ethnic Somali women marry none Somali men. quite frankly, any mixing of ethnicities is destructive. how many more Somali women will be killed by none Somali men before this sicken culture comes to an end.

I sort of agree here. I wouldn't say it the way you did.

But I've noticed that when a Somali marries an Ajnaabi, especially one who is from North America and Europe, it almost always leads to early divorce, single parenthood, and spousal abuse.

The fairytale wedding occurs, and then 6 months into the marriage, problems begin to appear. The problem often gets worse and worse until the marriage itself ends in a painful divorce and heartache.

It's a pattern and a very disturbing pattern at that.

There are extremely rare exceptions to this rule. The very few exceptions I witness is when a Somali marries a Berber or a Habesha. THAT'S IT

Safferz   

Can we not turn this thread into a debate on marrying non-Somalis?

Anyway, there was a moment of silence for them at Toronto City Hall today, since she was an employee of the City of Toronto:

"The Mayor and Members of Toronto City Council are deeply saddened to learn of the passing of Zahra Abdille and her two sons Faris and Zain Abdille on November 29, 2014.

Zahra started at Toronto Public Health in 2007 as a nurse (case manager) in the Tuberculosis Program. She completed her Bachelor of Nursing in the collaborative program between Humber College and University of New Brunswick. She had been working in Healthy Families since 2008 and in the Healthy Babies Healthy Children program since 2010. In 2013, Zahra completed the Combined Master of Nursing/Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner Certificate Program at Ryerson University. Zahra had a determination to succeed and provide a better life for her children. Described by her colleagues at Toronto Public Health as "beautiful both inside and out", Zahra was a strong support to her colleagues personally and professionally. Zahra had a deep respect for family and was the proud mother of 2 beautiful sons."

Threadstarter are you sure about your information? The name of husband/father was released in Toronto media and it's Yusuf Abdille. That sounds Somali to me.

Safferz   

<cite>

Threadstarter are you sure about your information? The name of husband/father was released in Toronto media and it's Yusuf Abdille. That sounds Somali to me.

I'll ask my mom again, but she said she was married to a man from Seychelles. My mom also works for Toronto Public Health (at a different office), but there are only a few Somali women who work for TPH and they all know each other quite well. The info is from one of the other Somali nurses, who called immediately to tell my mom what happened.

May Allah have mercy on them.

Safferz, I am familiar with that area of Toronto because I grew up in area right across the Ontario Science Center. The Thorncliffe towers were mostly populated by South Asians back then. Your comment about Seychelles is plausible even though the name "Yusuf Osman Abdille" sounds like a typical Somali name. I have met quite a few Indians from Seychelles.

This smells like a horrendous case of family violence.

ir.ashx?p=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&w=580&mw=580

Safferz   

<cite>

May Allah have mercy on them.

Safferz, I am familiar with that area of Toronto because I grew up in area right across the Ontario Science Center. The Thorncliffe towers were mostly populated by South Asians back then. Your comment about Seychelles is plausible even though the name "Yusuf Osman Abdille" sounds like a typical Somali name. I have met quite a few Indians from Seychelles.

This smells like a horrendous case of family violence.

It's still heavily South Asian now but I think a number of Somali families live there too, though not as much as nearby Flemingdon Park. When I first heard Thorncliffe and saw the apartment building in the news, I assumed it was a South Asian family. Nice area.

I spoke to my mom, and her husband was indeed a Muslim from Seychelles. I've only met a few people from the island but none of them were Indian, they looked similar to the mixed, lighter skinned Africans on the Swahili coast.

Adam   

Remember this one http://mobile.philly.com/news/?wss=/philly/news&id=218781401 little baby Hamza Ali . Its the same pattern again and again, sadly predators go for the selfhating black women AUn for the children involved. Wish she had asked for help if not from the bulshada then from relatives. Also learn the culture you marryng into such as concept of loosening face and honor asian culture and the value of girls in india and asia where they abort them so much its reached gender inbalance and national catastrophe. Waa muslin , is no ecxuse for being a ignorant .

Saalax   

By the way the names Yusuuf and Abdille are general Muslim names. If he had

a name like Keyse or Caynaanshe then you could have said it is a Somali

name.

Certainly with "Yusuf" but "Abdille" spelling I've come across exclusively amongst Somalis. Much like "Adan" is a Somali take on a general Muslim name "Adam". I do believe the threadstarter's info here but this would be a peculiar example.

Safferz   

<cite>

Certainly with "Yusuf" but "Abdille" spelling I've come across exclusively amongst Somalis. Much like "Adan" is a Somali take on a general Muslim name "Adam". I do believe the threadstarter's info here but this would be a peculiar example.

The "Adan" spelling isn't unique to Somalis either, not even Muslims. I met a lot of Christian Ethiopians with the name Adan.

But I do see your point with Abdille, it confused me as well. I'm also unclear why they have the same last name. Coincidence that they both have the name, her taking his last name, or him taking her name for some legal/immigration reasons? Who knows.

null