Sign in to follow this  
thefuturenow

Mooshin Against PM

<cite>
said:</cite>

Since he became the prime minister I noticed improvement in many issues, I didn't hear of any corruption scandals regarding him, so what is this motion about? Is it only about the shuffling of the ministerial posts? Are the president and the parliament that silly that they will fire a PM after one year over this?

This solidifies my wish for a completely autonomous federal system, a government based in Mogadishu is a complete failure.

<cite>

My thoughts exactly. This incompetent President wants to start a tantrum simply because some ministers were shuffled around. Why isn't Qoslaaye focused on finishing off Al Shabaab while they're weak or trying to create some competent civil administrations around Somalia?

I can't believe this is taking up the President's time when we should be using our precious resources for far more urgent issues.

Anyone who supports the President here has completely lost his mind, and it solidifies my desire for a decentralized Federal System in Somalia.

We really need to give up on Mogadishu

Hey guys,

Our dear president has cornered himself now....this will not end well for him!

Odey   

<cite>

I dont support this paper government. I cant ignore the fact that PM Yuulka is qabilist who is after clannist agenda.

And Hassan sheikh is not?.

Odey   

The Mooshin is not going to be presented to parliament according to Jawaari in his press conference last night. No choice for the President but to deal with this PM. He can't get rid of him and the shift of power is beginning to take effect. Already over 130 MP's gathered yesterday after they learnt that well over 35 of those signatures in their motion was forged and the real mp's who were out of the country called the speaker to confirm this. On a technical point, they lost.

They could have brought a motion but they don't have the figures necessary to kick out the PM. The PM on the other hand demonstrated through this gathering yesterday that he had a much bigger support in parliament than president. I guess the Sanbollolshe effect has taken it's toll on parliament.

Going forward, we are likely to see a much stronger Government than before, which can only be good since the current government had been working hard lately.

^

Odey, this was always expected, after the international community, let it be known that they would not tolerate nonsensical motions brought forward through corruption against the prime minister,

Also, it has been reported that the UN has imposed some limited sanctions against some members of the president's inner circle, including Minister Faarax. So I figure, Jawari and his fellow parliamentarians have heeded the call from the international community to stop this motion business or else suffer the consequences as well.

Odey   

<cite>

^

Odey, this was always expected, after the international community, let it be known that they would not tolerate nonsensical motions brought forward through corruption against the prime minister,

Also, it has been reported that the UN has imposed some limited sanctions against some members of the president's inner circle, including Minister Faarax. So I figure, Jawari and his fellow parliamentarians have heeded the call from the international community to stop this motion business or else suffer the consequences as well.

I am not aware of this travel sanctions you speak of, but if true, it will be a very significant move on the part of the IC. Has this been announced?, if so please share the sources

The UN / IC and other donors Partners are pushing for Dialogue and compromise sustainable agreement until 2016 the issue is bigger then Farax and Cabinet reshuffle .Today IC and American delegation are meeting with President and Pm if Nothing comes out today - meaning The President and Prime minister don't agree on to work together then the Motion will pass and the faith of the Prime Minister is in the Hand of Parliament .......

<cite>

Dr. K; these men and their actions should not diminish your hope in the Somali nation. These men are engaged in a power battle and rightly so. It is natural for human beings to be tested with other human beings and their own vain desires. That's what we are witnessing; a struggle between humans each trying to impose their desires on another. But it is a good and necessary struggle. And its speedy and civil resolution can only be called progress.

Saaxib, this political storm is proof of how deeply rotten Somali society is. Wallahi our society and culture has become rotten to the core, and this is just another example of that.

There's no concept of "compromise" with this Federal Government in Somalia. It never occurs to the President that you don't have to like your coworker, you just have to tolerate him and be able to work with him. President Obama hated Hillary Clinton, and she despised him right back. But that didn't stop them from working together and cooperating.

But with Somalis, these political fights happen all the time. We seen it when Sheikh Shariif fired Prime Minister Farmaajo a few years ago. We seen it last year when Qoslaaye couldn't get along with his first Prime Minister. This just keeps happening over and over saaxib. It doesn't make any sense.

Somali women are being raped in refugee camps in our own country by foreign soldiers. Somali families are starving to death and we want to focus on this STUPID and idiotic political game? Like this is almost like a cartoon show. WHY is the President getting angry simply because some Ministers are being shuffled around?

Does he not have more important things to concern himself with?

This President is an absolute disaster. I can't take him seriously at all.

Odey   

Personally I think both these two men are silly. the level of silliness differs between them and the president is being the silliest, but the PM is right there with him.

I hope for the sake of the country, they resolve their " I can spit further than you" BS and get the country moving. If all fails, lets lock them up in a room and let them fight their demons out.

<cite>

Personally I think both these two men are silly. the level of silliness differs between them and the president is being the silliest, but the PM is right there with him.

I hope for the sake of the country, they resolve their " I can spit further than you" BS and get the country moving. If all fails, lets lock them up in a room and let them fight their demons out.

I don't know very much about this Prime Minister Abdiweli, but he's looking very bad right now.

And I can safely say that Qoslaaye is the most ignorant jaahil ever to reside in Villa Somalia. He has no intelligence, no patriotism, he doesn't care about Islam.

He doesn't care that Somali women are being raped every hour by foreigners.

He doesn't care that Somali teenagers are dying in the Mediterranean while trying to escape the poverty in their homeland.

He doesn't care that the rest of Africa is leaving us behind while we're running around in circles.

He doesn't care that Al Shabab still exists and is still a major threat in the country

But he does care about his buddies being fired by Prime Minister Abdiweli. He does care that some Ministers were shuffled around. Anyone who supports this jaahil xayawaan doqoon should be ashamed of themselves.

<cite>

I don't know very much about this Prime Minister Abdiweli, but he's looking very bad right now.

And I can safely say that Qoslaaye is the most ignorant jaahil ever to reside in Villa Somalia. He has no intelligence, no patriotism, he doesn't care about Islam.

He doesn't care that Somali women are being raped every hour by foreigners.

He doesn't care that Somali teenagers are dying in the Mediterranean while trying to escape the poverty in their homeland.

He doesn't care that the rest of Africa is leaving us behind while we're running around in circles.

He doesn't care that Al Shabab still exists and is still a major threat in the country

But he
does care
about his buddies being fired by Prime Minister Abdiweli. He does care that some Ministers were shuffled around. Anyone who supports this jaahil xayawaan doqoon should be ashamed of themselves.

Khillaaf Siyaasadeed oo Ka Dhax Aloosan Maddaxxweyne Xasan iyo Ra�iisulwasaare C/weli
May 28, 2014

Can you elaborate to us when the khilaaf started between the President and Prime minister ?

Prime Minister acting as the President taking unilateral decision to favor his future career position or clan for the last 6 month was not proactive and heading for show down ? Naming ministers sidelining clans with out the President consolidation is a threat to the Government .

The country is heading right direction Alshabaab are on the loosing side and are on the Run ,SFG controls south normality is and good governance has returned Hiiraan - shabelle hoose- shabelle dhex - Gedo - Galgaduud jubba - bay & bakool. Federal states and Mogadishu are in good terms cooperating in every level ...

Prime minister is in the business of entertaining dawladiids and warlords - clans and etc to further his career why ?

malister you are dreaming sxb this puppets they don't care what situation for their country and people in, they are absolute failers lack of basic common sense, bickering all of again and again to zero sum game, look what's happening alshabab is rebounding corruption became normal part of their daily live.

<cite>

The UN / IC and other donors Partners are pushing for Dialogue and compromise sustainable agreement until 2016 the issue is bigger then Farax and Cabinet reshuffle .Today IC and American delegation are meeting with President and Pm if Nothing comes out today - meaning The President and Prime minister don't agree on to work together then the Motion will pass and the faith of the Prime Minister is in the Hand of Parliament .......

The IC has spoken: Motion is no go. Culusow not happy! Yuulka also instructed to help save face and reverse some of the cabinet moves he made in his reshuffle(..not clear whether Minister Faraax will get back his old ministry which started this whole affair).

Overall, Culusow tried to play hardball and attempted to stare down the I.C, but unfortunately for him, he came up short.

<cite>

The IC has spoken: Motion is no go. Culusow not happy! Yuulka also instructed to help save face and reverse some of the cabinet moves he made in his reshuffle(..not clear whether Minister Faraax will get back his old ministry which started this whole affair).

Overall, Culusow tried to play hardball and attempted to stare down the I.C, but unfortunately for him, he came up short.

There are some battles you choose to fight. And sometimes you have to know when to not fight.

Staring down the International Community over some petty Ministerial positions, when Somalia is in a fragile and weak state is not the best course of action.

Either Culusow has the worst possible advisers, or he's unbelievably dim-witted.

<cite>

There are some battles you choose to fight. And sometimes you have to know when to not fight.

Staring down the International Community over some petty Ministerial positions, when Somalia is in a fragile and weak state is not the best course of action.

Either Culusow has the worst possible advisers, or he's unbelievably dim-witted.

Dr. K, are you an idealist?

First, calling this a petty fight is an understatement. This is a fight over the CONSTITUTION AND CONTROL of a country. If PM goes, President gets to have total control over what is written in the constitution. And, most likely, he gets to avoid a general election in 2016. If the PM defeats this "motion," he may get a favorable constitution and prep the country for 2016 general elections in a manner that favors his constituency.

Also, each man is trying to strengthen his position i.e. President v. PM. This means a lot for the distribution of power among the major political players. Such, the fight is not just about petty stuff but about shaping the past, present, and future of political power in the country.

Second, the truth of matter is---as long as Somalis are a "rotten society" with qabyaalad infested hearts and minds----the PM and the President will have different constituencies. And thus, different objectives than just "serving the Somali people."

Even if the best of Somalis was elected tomorrow, the pressure from his clansmen and the mistrust of other clans will make him ineffective. But that is the test of any leader. We can only pray and hope that our leaders become steadfast and just people.

But that does not mean that we should not expect them to be human--complete with an unquenchable thirst for control over their own destinies to the exclusion of all others.