Sign in to follow this  
DoctorKenney

Woman harassed by 100 different men while walking around New York City

Khayr   

Saff,

The New Jim Crow sounds like a good read.

Will check out that doc that you posted.

DK, are you a Black Republican? :)

<cite>
said:</cite>

DK, are you a Black Republican?
:)

No I am not. But I'm definitely not a Democrat and I definitely don't subscribe to the "victim mentality" which many Black-Americans subscribe too. I actually have pride in myself, pride in my people and I'm confident in what we can achieve if we put our minds to it. I don't see the White Man as superior to me which is why I don't blame him for my problems. I blame myself, and I seek to resolve my issues myself or with my community, instead of going on TV and blaming "Whitey" all of the time. Any Black Man who goes on TV and blames his problems on White people is implicitly admitting that he believes the White Man is smarter and superior to him, and the source of his misfortunes. Prove me wrong. I don't see Koreans getting on TV and blaming their problems on Arabs or Russians or anyone else. I never heard of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) ever blaming the Pagan Meccans for his misfortunes.

No self-respecting man would ever do anything like that. What you do is you become proactive in changing your life, become self-reliant so you won't need the White Man or the Arab Man or the Chinese Man. Come to the table as an absolute equal. We Blacks are in a position of weakness, and it's completely our fault. And it's our responsibility to build up our societies so we can approach the White/Asian/Arab men as equals instead of being subservient and weak.

Not only that, but I value black life. So when I see thousands of Black men being killed every year by other Black men, that pisses me off. It pisses me off that Blacks can't live in peace in their own neighborhoods, without a high chance of being robbed or killed. It pisses me off that Blacks sell poisonous drugs to each other, and bring each other down instead of uplifting each other.

But no, you wanna focus on a White Cop being racist, or some random White Judge being racist. When you're completely ignoring the fact that we Blacks are our own worst enemies. And until we have a "self-reliant" attitude, we will always be taken advantage of and marginalized.

Tallaabo   

<cite>

No I am not. But I'm definitely not a Democrat and I definitely don't subscribe to the "victim mentality" which many Black-Americans subscribe too. I actually have pride in myself, pride in my people and I'm confident in what we can achieve if we put our minds to it. I don't see the White Man as superior to me which is why I don't blame him for my problems. I blame myself, and I seek to resolve my issues myself or with my community, instead of going on TV and blaming "Whitey" all of the time.
Any Black Man who goes on TV and blames his problems on White people is implicitly admitting that he believes the White Man is smarter and superior to him, and the source of his misfortunes.
Prove me wrong. I don't see Koreans getting on TV and blaming their problems on Arabs or Russians or anyone else. I never heard of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) ever blaming the Pagan Meccans for his misfortunes.

No self-respecting man would ever do anything like that. What you do is you become proactive in changing your life, become self-reliant so you won't need the White Man or the Arab Man or the Chinese Man. Come to the table as an absolute equal. We Blacks are in a position of weakness, and it's completely our fault. And it's our responsibility to build up our societies so we can approach the White/Asian/Arab men as equals instead of being subservient and weak.

Not only that, but I value black life. So when I see thousands of Black men being killed every year by other Black men, that pisses me off. It pisses me off that Blacks can't live in peace in their own neighborhoods, without a high chance of being robbed or killed. It pisses me off that Blacks sell poisonous drugs to each other, and bring each other down instead of uplifting each other.

But no, you wanna focus on a White Cop being racist, or some random White Judge being racist. When you're completely ignoring the fact that we Blacks are our own worst enemies. And until we have a "self-reliant" attitude, we will always be taken advantage of and marginalized.

You are a good preacher don't you think? Let me know if you come to my town, I will definitely attend you spirit raising, tear inducing, mind enriching, confidence boosting evangelical sermons :-D

<cite>

You are a good preacher don't you think? Let me know if you come to my town, I will definitely attend you spirit raising, tear inducing, mind enriching, confidence boosting evangelical sermons :-D

Saaxib, people like Khayr and Safferz just don't get it. Their lack of pride and their self-hatred is really irritating me.

All they wanna talk about is "this person being racist" or "that person being racist"

As if the White Man is obligated to treat you like an equal in his own country. It's his country, he built it so he can do whatever he wants. Stop relying on the White Man's benevolence and mercy and rely on yourself. I don't see Africans demanding equal rights or social recognition in Japan or Taiwan (both are 1st World Nations).

What disgusts me is when I see Black Africans in Germany or Italy demanding equal rights and to be treated as a brother, instead of those Africans leaving Europe altogether and building up their homelands themselves. Leave Europe, get your education and degree and get the hell out of that continent!

Why do we always run away from our problems? Africa doesn't have to be a scary place to live at all, we should be happy that at least we have a homeland that's teeming with natural resources and a beautiful scenery. Yet we don't recognize how lucky we are. The White people of South Africa recognized how resource-rich South Africa was and they built a modern industrialized nation-state.

Yet we've been living in Africa for much longer and we've done absolutely nothing with it.

<cite>

Saaxib, people like Khayr and Safferz just don't get it.
Their lack of pride and their self-hatred is really irritating me.</strong

1) I never thought someone would mention these two as having anything in common.

2) Pride is a bad thing.

3) Also, self-reliance is only half the battle. It works if you're looking at it from one person's perspective or one race's.

However, Saff and Khayr are militants for humanity--although with two very different ideologies. And for human progress, you must fight for the oppressed--meaning you must fight AGAINST an oppressor.

That is not blaming the white man. That is demanding and expecting better from humanity.

4) As for black on black crime, if I put you in a cage, I bet it takes you less than 24 hours to start acting like an animal. Look at your own Somali, Muslim people.

5) Respect the people whose struggle allowed you to spout your ludicrousness. You're only on SOL because a black man is in prison fulfilling the quota that feeds the prison-industrial complex.

<cite>

1) I never thought someone would mention these two as having anything in common.

2) Pride is a bad thing.

3) Also, self-reliance is only half the battle. It works if you're looking at it from one person's perspective or one race's.

However, Saff and Khayr are militants for humanity--although with two very different ideologies. And for human progress, you must fight for the oppressed--meaning you must fight AGAINST an oppressor.

That is not blaming the white man. That is demanding and expecting better from humanity.

4) As for black on black crime, if I put you in a cage, I bet it takes you less than 24 hours to start acting like an animal. Look at your own Somali, Muslim people.

5) Respect the people whose struggle allowed you to spout your ludicrousness. You're only on SOL because a black man is in prison fulfilling the quota that feeds the prison-industrial complex.

1. Neither did I, until today.

2. Pride isn't a bad thing. Kibiir is a bad thing, and Kibiir is something completely different.

3. I'm against oppression as well, but I see the solution to our problems through self-reliance, instead of hoping that perhaps one day the White European Man will find it in his heart to treat us as equals. I'm not gonna place my hopes in him, I've seen the way he's behaved in the past and sure I'll be skeptical of him. You can promote self-development while at the same time championing the human rights of those around you. That's what Japan has done, that's what South Korea has done, that's what Chile has done, etc.

4. Bad analogy. No one here is being put in a cage. Black people are killing each other in their own neighborhoods, and selling drugs to each other in their own neighborhoods. I don't see the Chinese people in Chinatown doing that, even though Chinatown in San Francisco has actually been documented as the poorest community in all of California.

“During the 1960s, one neighborhood in San Francisco had the lowest income, the highest unemployment rate, the highest proportion of families with incomes under $ 4,000 per year, the least educational attainment, the highest tuberculosis rate, and the highest proportion of substandard housing in any area of the city,” according to the social scientists Wilson and Herrnstein. “
That neighborhood was called Chinatown. Yet in 1965, there were only five persons of Chinese ancestry committed to prison in the entire state of California
.”

Wilson and Herrnstein, Crime and Human Nature, 473.

The Chinese aren't killing and robbing each other, but we are.

5. Your views are a denial of reality and you're making an excuse for the behavior of our fellow Blacks in this country. That is unacceptable.

Khayr   

DK,

Were the Chinese put in shackles and enslaved for centuries? Where they given the last names of Slave Owners? The Chinese that came to the States are usually affluent and wealthy people from Hong Kong.

There are over a billon other Chinese folks in the world and they too have criminals and starving people. Your comparison is faulty.

<cite>

The Chinese that came to the States are usually affluent and wealthy people from Hong Kong.

There are over a billon other Chinese folks in the world and they too have criminals and starving people. Your comparison is faulty.

Actually, I just gave evidence that Chinatown was extremely poor, with low education rates and very high poverty. Yet Chinatown contains virtually no crime at all. So you're wrong here. And BTW, China has an extremely low crime rate....far far lower than in the United States or any African country. So you're wrong again. And China has one of the fastest growing economies in the world, and within 30 years China will be a 1st World Nation, so the Chinese are making the right moves and doing the right thing.

And sure, when a Black teenager shoots another Black teenager, we should blame that on slavery and oppression am I correct? Even though in 1920 (before Blacks even had Civil Rights), the Black crime rate was far far lower than it is today. Blacks weren't killing each other back then, the way they're doing so today.

But let's not let facts get in the way of your constant complaining. Let's blame slavery for what's going on in the 21st century! Let's forsake all personal responsibility and blame "Whitey" for our personal faults! Why should a Black teenager go to school and make something of himself, when he could be selling drugs, shooting people, going to prison, and blaming the White Man!? How do you hold such self-hating views saaxib?? Where's your self-confidence in your people?

Tallaabo   

<cite>

Actually, I just gave evidence that Chinatown was extremely poor, with low education rates and very high poverty. Yet Chinatown contains virtually no crime at all.
So you're wrong here. And BTW, China has an extremely low crime rate....far far lower than in the United States or any African country. So you're wrong again. And China has one of the fastest growing economies in the world, and within 30 years China will be a 1st World Nation, so the Chinese are making the right moves and doing the right thing.

And sure, when a Black teenager shoots another Black teenager, we should blame that on slavery and oppression am I correct?
Even though in 1920 (before Blacks even had Civil Rights), the Black crime rate was far far lower than it is today. Blacks weren't killing each other back then, the way they're doing so today.

But let's not let facts get in the way of your constant complaining. Let's blame slavery for what's going on in the 21st century! Let's forsake all personal responsibility and blame "Whitey" for our personal faults! Why should a Black teenager go to school and make something of himself, when he could be selling drugs, shooting people, going to prison, and blaming the White Man!? How do you hold such self-hating views saaxib?? Where's your self-confidence in your people?

Hallelujah !!!! that was one giant slap on the face of a self-hater :-D

I like your analogy of the Chinatown. Indeed you can also take the example of the slums of South Africa and those in India. The living conditions of the slums in both countries is similar yet within those in South Africa mass murder, rape, robbery, hostage taking, and every other evil invented by Satan is a fact of daily life. Foreign Africans like the Somalis are lynched with impunity and you will probably not survive a day in those places without an army to guard you. Now compare that to the desperately poor slums in Mumbai and other cities in India. The crime rate in those slums is almost similar to the other wealthier parts of the cities. As a foreigner you can even live in the slums among the poor Indians and feel welcomed. The poor Indians wake up early in the morning, send their children to school, and go out to make a living unlike the South African who loiter in the streets to commit all sorts of crime. I believe the differences between the behaviours of the blacks and the Asians is due to the different cultures.

Exactly! I have a cousin from Somalia who once studied in Calcutta and Hyderabad, and he told me that the people are unbelievably friendly and hospitable. He never once felt unsafe while studying in India. And mind you, he didn't have a high budget so he was forced to live in the low-income neighborhoods in India. The Indians living near him didn't even have running water, they lived in utter poverty. But he enjoyed himself and he never once felt threatened.

Not once was he robbed or assaulted. Yet we read stories about the high crime in South Africa, where people are robbed, or carjacked, or even killed on a daily basis.

It's a cultural difference saaxib.

Look at this music video. Please watch the entire video and pay attention to the lyrics and what they're saying. It's very disturbing.....

Since this video came out, 4 of the guys in this music video are dead And several more of these guys are in prison for various crimes. They're all from South-Side Chicago and all of these men are part of the gang life in Chicago.

And people are trying to tell me that there's no problem, that a problem doesn't exist.

The first step to solving our problems is to admit that we have one. Once we do that, we can take the right steps to solving it. But plugging our ears and ignoring it isn't doing anyone favors. And it certainly did no favors to 4 of these men in this music video who are now dead

Khayr   

On a related note,

Has anyone seen that David Chappelle skit were he is a blind man that thinks he is white man and joins the Klan only to find out that he is black - much to his disapppointment. If you can post that video, I would appreciate it. One of the funniest skits ever.

Dr. K

Nobody is denying that any progress starts with the self. But you cannot deny that there are intentional and incidental obstacles placed in the way of black progress.

The most obvious one is the use of race as a way to divide the world. Naturally, the black man is the other in a White European dominated world. And the other will always be ugly, violent, dangerous etc. etc.

Asians and even some Africans know this. Thus, they constantly point to the black man as a way to gain favor from the white race.

In other words, the Asians KNOW they are safe until there are no more black folk.

Nobody (except you) is saying that the black man is not self-reliant. We are saying that--statically speaking--a self-reliant black man will succeed less than a self-reliant white, asian, jew, etc.

Why? Because the global system is designed that way.

There are a million ways to illustrate this but let's use your own evidence against you.

1) Rap--a form of social resistance originating with black folk--became monetized by record industry (non-black owned).

2) It was then slowly degraded to "what people want to hear"--sex, drugs, murder.

3) Rap videos are most likely directed by some white guys and they include 10 half naked black girls. And the video is spread across the world.

4) Impressionable minds begin to think all black people are either thugs or whores. Then they refuse them jobs because subconsciously they are influenced by those media images. And the cycle begins.

Please take some time to compare to media representations of the "Asian" race.

Also, this "culture" that you praise when talking about Asians---is what slavery took from African Americans---history, culture, family. And it continues to this day.

But I think the best example of "the system" is your own Somalis.

Go to Minnesota and look at all those Somali girls' faces. They want to be white so bad that they bleach their skin. And look at the prisons--filled with Somalis. And look at the abortion rate etc. etc.

They have culture. They have history. They have religion. And according to them, they're not "black" but "Somali/African/Arab."

But the system says: "WELCOME NEGROES. Watch BET, eat EBT, and be free."