Sign in to follow this  
Admin

Siilanyo says Somaliland is inspired by Scotland and Catalonia, sidestepping the fact Catalonia cancelled its vote and Scotland said "NO".

<cite>
said:</cite>

You are right Dr Ken, they are my sisters too and I never dissociate myself from the suffering of the people of the South, but responsible is divided and it is men like Dalmar and his fellow mooryaans who are responsible for the security and welbeing of our sisters and mothers in Mogadishu and elsewhere in the South. But sadly, by the looks of it they can't even look after themselves and need Ugandan and ebola infected West Africans to protect them from Alshabaab.

Well then it's responsibility of Djiboutians, Somalilanders, Khatuumites, and Puntlanders to pool their resources together to stabilize South Somalia. Diaspora Somalis can assist with funding and finances. There are millions of Somalis in the diaspora, and all we need is a small contribution from each Somali family to help fund this Stabilization Project.

We can easily work with elements in the South who agree with us. The majority of H-Block Somalis would get on board with this project. They genuinely want to see a peaceful and stable Somalia. Instead of relying on selfish foreigners to solve our own problems maybe the solution to Somalia's problems should come from Somalis themselves?

If Hargeisa and Berbera were in chaos I would advocate the very same thing, and I would never ever try to disassociate myself from the events in Hargeisa.

Tallaabo   

<cite>

Well then it's responsibility of Djiboutians, Somalilanders, Khatuumites, and Puntlanders to pool their resources together to stabilize South Somalia. Diaspora Somalis can assist with funding and finances. There are millions of Somalis in the diaspora, and all we need is a small contribution from each Somali family to help fund this Stabilization Project.

We can easily work with elements in the South who agree with us. The majority of H-Block Somalis would get on board with this project. They genuinely want to see a peaceful and stable Somalia. Instead of relying on selfish foreigners to solve our own problems maybe the solution to Somalia's problems should come from Somalis themselves?

If Hargeisa and Berbera were in chaos I would advocate the very same thing, and I would never ever try to disassociate myself from the events in Hargeisa.

Not everyone is as genuine you are Dr Ken. The problem is not Somaliland refusing to help but it is the politicians of Somalia accepting that offer of help. Since the nineties Somaliland maintained that if the politicians of Somalia accept the sovereignty of Somaliland then our government would do whatever it can to help stabilise Mogadishu and the south. But unfortunately insead of thanking us they did whatever they could to sabotage our own stability and security.

Tallaabo   

The guy who posted this article by the Guardian manipulated the title to make it look as is Silaanyo is wrong to be inspired by those two regions. The majority of the Scottish people rejected independence because unlike the people of somaliland the Scots benefited from the union and continue to benefit from their membership of the UK. On the other hand the people of Catalonia are being actively prevented from voting on independence by the Central government in Madrid which has threatened the government in Barcelona with legal action if it embarked on such a move. I think some honesty in reporting is needed whe you want people to take you seriously as a Blogger or a budding journalist.

Odey   

Tilaabo keeps saying "if we have nothing, why dont you let us go"

Answer- somalis lost 2 million men defending that very same land from colonial powers. You forget- Somalis spilt blood for this land and as a matter of sovereignty will NEVER ever let it go. Look around you- all Somalis other than you and your fellow are all united on this point despite their numerous misgivings amongst them not to mention hostilities. They are all in agreement on this issue.

Solution- go to Britain and ask them to move you to one of the many islands under their control . Ascension islands comes to mind- secluded enough that your dependancy will not be visible to mankind and big enough to house all of you.

Dalmar1   

<cite>

Tilaabo keeps saying "if we have nothing, why dont you let us go"

Answer- somalis lost 2 million men defending that very same land from colonial powers. You forget- Somalis spilt blood for this land and as a matter of sovereignty will NEVER ever let it go. Look around you- all Somalis other than you and your fellow are all united on this point despite their numerous misgivings amongst them not to mention hostilities. They are all in agreement on this issue.

Solution- go to Britain and ask them to move you to one of the many islands under their control . Ascension islands comes to mind- secluded enough that your dependancy will not be visible to mankind and big enough to house all of you.

Wallahi i couldn't have said it better.

Warya tallabo these guys are delusional and the only thing they feel the same way about is Somaliland because they want to forget their intractable problems briefly and are jealous of everything we accomplished and embarrassed by it,their muscle and head in their mouth.Denying and lying about history,corruption and treachery is a southern phenomena,that's why they destroyed Somalia and couldn't be somebody last 24yrs except being under the boots of foreign armies.They won't and can't discuss with you in earnest as they have nothing to show for, thus turning every debate into curses,insults and lies....frustration turned to belligerence and nonesenical.They don't care about Somalis in light of the atrocities committed there...its only scratching your face tactics they can come up with.

better leave thm entertain thmslvs in the wilderness and have sigh of fictitional relief for few minutes.

Poor Tallaabo and his fellow hapless Habro of SOL :D

<cite>

I think the only dreamer here is you. If as you claimed Somaliland has neither natural resources nor a useful human capital, why is then Koonfuria so obsessed with it? Why don't you and your follow koonfurians let this small patch of dry and worthless corner of Africa with few nomads living on it go its separate way and keep all the wealth and blessing in the South for the people of that region alone? I am sure if you guys leave us alone to get on with our lives everyone will be happy. The koonfurians will get to enjoy all their oil, gas, mineral, fish, and agricultural wealth alone without worrying about sharing anything with the poor folks from the North; and the Somalilanders will be content with the little they have and will never bother you.

I like how you accuse others of "Bacaac" when you yourself, and that screed of yours quoted above, takes the crown of all bleating sounds.

Saaxiib, are we holding guns to your head? No.

Are the rest of your fellow Somalis occupying your land? That, too, is an emphatic No!

So why do you seem it fit to blame your leaders' uselessness and failures of achieving international recognition on the rest of Somalia?

It is the abject buffoonery and shameful incompetency of your own leaders and politicians that is the true cause of the lack of international recognition for that tiny God- forsaken marfash enclave.

Silaanyo & Co. have been unable to use the golden opportunity they had for the last 24 yrs-- where the rest of Somalia was in disarray-- to their advantage, to gain international recognition.

So no need to snap at us like a defanged snake. Go blame your leaders!

Holac   

Somaliland's progress throughout the last two decades deserves praise and should be celebrated by all Somalis, but it is illegal for Somalis of the North to unilaterally declare independence without the consent of the rest of the country, or its leadership. Scotland and Catalonia both required the Federal government to approve any independence vote.

It's been 23+ yrs for these people....if they haven't gotten what they are looking for by now....i guess, only Ilaahay could help 'em.

But good luck to 'em though, I am rooting for them personally.

Odey   

Can someone explain to me why my posts( that insult no party), are being edited? I can only assume they are being edited by someone with administrative powers.

If you wish to change my words, better delete them all together, but editing my post is simply insulting my intelligence. I know what I wrote, come on!

Dalmar1   

<cite>

Can someone explain to me why my posts( that insult no party), are being edited? I can only assume they are being edited by someone with administrative powers.

If you wish to change my words, better delete them all together, but editing my post is simply insulting my intelligence. I know what I wrote, come on!

Its funny right, that only those comments of anti=secessionism sentiment gets altered or deleted, its as if the Admin is SNM member.

Odey   

<cite>

Its funny right, that only those comments of anti=secessionism sentiment gets altered or deleted, its as if the Admin is SNM member.

Spot on mate!,

Just because i made a valid point against SL, Admin are editing my comments to make them nicer to SL members. Is this site now an SL propaganda site?.

Somaliland will got my vote only through genuine and honest referendum , as of Today reality speaking the People of Borama are unhappy with power sharing - Then Comes SSC not lot secessionist activity Khatuum-Puntland - Makhiir .

solution Autonomous Somaliland with all the power considering the good governance and history - Tradition and so on

Trad

GOBOLADA%20SL.gif

lets keep Somalia Together its 2014 just look how the world around us is changing

mudane Abdiwali mahamed Ali gas gas today in the interview states Somalis are different race and that we should embrace Ethiopian style Clan federalism ?

why Not Give Somaliland its Independence

^Somalis are divided along clans, do you dispute that?

I am not for clan federalism but it seems those who disagrees with clan federalism are losing their argument.