Sign in to follow this  
Holac

The man who brought Ebola to Texas

<cite>
said:</cite>

It's not American authorities who are pissed, it's Liberia that's pissed lol. They're the ones who disclosed his name (patient confidentiality is the law in the US, so his name would not have gotten out if it wasn't for the Liberian government) and they announced they'll prosecute him when he returns for allegedly lying on the questionnaire. The US doesn't care -- their only concern is containing the disease and making sure it doesn't spread. Don't conflate how the media is talking about him and public hysteria with how the CDC is treating the case.

Correction:

But you can’t blame the Americans for being pissed off about this

There, that fixes it :D

People here in America are extremely pissed off about this incident. All you have to do is turn on the TV and see for yourself

Safferz   

<cite>
said:</cite>People here in America are extremely pissed off about this incident. All you have to do is turn on the TV and see for yourself

Yes, but they are also mad about the Moozlums, Mexican "illegals" stealing their jobs, white males becoming the new persecuted minorities, and now diseased Africans at their gates, spreading ebola just by looking at you. It's interesting to see how ebola panic has fused with xenophobia and anti-immigration rhetoric.

<cite>

Yes, but they are also mad about the Moozlums, Mexican "illegals" stealing their jobs, white males becoming the new persecuted minorities, and now diseased Africans at their gates, spreading ebola just by looking at you. It's interesting to see how ebola panic has fused with xenophobia and anti-immigration rhetoric.

That has nothing to do with the topic.

This man went to America to escape the Ebola epidemic in Liberia. I don't blame him.

But the Americans are pissed off that he even came to America, risking the Ebola virus spreading into America. I don't blame them either. They don't want a repeat of the Spanish Flu which killed 100 million people in 1920, but they make the mistake in comparing the Spanish Flu to Ebola in the first place.

Mooge   

brother Dunker or whatever his name is, is in critical condition right now. i think americans will kill him to make sure virus is eradicated from american soil. loool. soon he will die and there will no more ebola case in america.

Khayr   

The man has now died and the reaction to any and all Africans is not good. It is racism propogated by the media. A media that are like Hyenas and feed of negativities and peoples' fears.

^cynic in me thinks that his death was 'allowed' to occur.

Think of this, the US doctors with the disease have been treated and recovered. Why not the poor African? I think it's some kind of preventative measure to stop any African with the ability and means to escape to either US or Europe.

Besides, there was no much sympathy for the fellow anyway.

Allah’s Apostle said, “If you hear the news of an outbreak of an epidemic (plague) in a certain place, do not enter that place: and if the epidemic falls in a place while you are present in it, do not leave that place to escape from the epidemic.” (Book #86, Hadith #103)

Let's just hope that our friends in West Africa manage to keep control of this illness and to limit travel between the Ebola-plagued nations.

Plagues are much easier to control when it's localized. The last thing we want to see is Ebola in East Africa, South Africa, India, South America, etc.

All it takes is one person to spread it

Tallaabo   

<cite>

Allah’s Apostle said, “If you hear the news of an outbreak of an epidemic (plague) in a certain place, do not enter that place:
and if the epidemic falls in a place while you are present in it, do not leave that place to escape from the epidemic
.” (Book #86, Hadith #103)

Let's just hope that our friends in West Africa manage to keep control of this illness and to limit travel between the Ebola-plagued nations.

Plagues are much easier to control when it's localized. The last thing we want to see is Ebola in East Africa, South Africa, India, South America, etc.

All it takes is one person to spread it

This Hadith came into my mind when I read Khayr's comment. Knowingly spreading an epidemic to an unaffected area is a mass murder.

<cite>

This Hadith came into my mind when I read Khayr's comment. Knowingly spreading an epidemic to an unaffected area is a mass murder.

It definitely is. If a man KNOWS that he has ebola, or some other contagious illness, then he is obligated to let everyone around him know about it, and to take the proper precautions.

A man with Ebola flying to North America (where there are 500 million people) is never a good idea. A disease is much harder to control if the incubation period is several days and it's spread worldwide.

Just imagine if Ebola spread to India, a country of 1.2 billion people. Imagine the disaster that would ensue.

I don't know why people can't understand that.

Holac   

DK, thanks for pointing out that it is a religious obligation for Muslims who have Ebola to self-quarantine and not spread the disease.

Let's see how what I am assuming to be a white American nurse who is infected now with the Ebola virus fares where the black African wasn't so lucky.