Sign in to follow this  
Ismahaan

Turk Drug dealer has been given a diplomatic passport by the Somali government

I have been discussed this incident with some guys from Mogadishu. I was surprised the Somali passport could be even acquired by non somalis. To my surprise one of the dudes who recently paid a visit to Mogadishu thought that I am crazy. He accused me of being too Westerernized!,

According to him, it will take generations to clean Mogadishu from all sorts of evil: Pirates, terrorists, ill goten business, unknown murderers, international Mafia etc. He claims that Somalia will be hostage unless the capital is changed.

To him, this incident is trivial and should not be worried as such.

I don't know what's worse, the drug dealer getting a diplomatic passport or the the ridiculous letter they sent to the ministry. Who am I kidding, this is only the tip of the iceberg and as foreigners find it safer to go to Somalia new kinds of problems will rise.

ElPunto   

Where is the outrage and accountability? Today the president had a celebratory 2 year anniversary and no one asks him the hard questions. HAG echo chamber? Cajeeb.