Sign in to follow this  
Hassan Abdi

Do you think Somlia will ever embrace secularism?

did you think Mormans will adopt monogamy?? Never. But forreal not anytime soon, maybe in the future. Awoowa a reer miyi. Your father an italian hipster. now its the generation of long-bearded akhis. Who knows whats next? But being the previous generation was one of secularism, so to answer your question, probably not. Somalis are a forever culturally evolving people. An evolution accordance to fad. Secularism is yesterday. And yesterday is not trendy. Unless we want to go retro.

Never.

To accept man-made laws as superior to what God has decreed is actually a form of Shirk.

You know nothing about Shariah, as Shariah Law currently does not exist in it's true form. Stick to what you know and try not to discuss things you know nothing about. You'll only look foolish in the process

<cite>
said:</cite>

Never.

To accept man-made laws as superior to what God has decreed is actually a form of Shirk.

You know nothing about Shariah, as Shariah Law currently does not exist in it's true form. Stick to what you know and try not to discuss things you know nothing about. You'll only look foolish in the process

***I am certain I know enough about Shariah Law in order to understand that it is incompatible with the 21st Century.

Also what makes you think I know nothing of Shariah Law?

<cite>

I am certain I know enough about Shariah Law in order to understand that it is incompatible with the 21st Century.

And if you "understand" that it is incompatible for the 21st century, then you really don't understand it at all. Which proves my point about you.

Keep your head where it belongs, talk about things you know, and don't discuss things you're ignorant of. This is my sincere advice to you.

<cite>

And if you "understand" that it is incompatible for the 21st century, then you really don't understand it at all. Which proves my point about you.

Keep your head where it belongs, talk about things you know, and don't discuss things you're ignorant of. This is my sincere advice to you.

Instead of being passive-aggressive and insulting would you like to engage in a discussion in which I put forward the case against Shariah Law?

<cite>

Instead of being passive-aggressive and insulting would you like to engage in a discussion in which I put forward the case against Shariah Law?

No. I'm not interested in having any sort of discussion with you. I actually don't care what you think and I have no desire to persuade you at all.

I absolutely refuse to defend the complex economic, political, social system that is known as the Shariah (which can fill thousands of pages and entire libraries full of legal material) to someone such as yourself. You defend your beliefs to me, not the other way around.

Believe in what you want.

<cite>

No. I'm not interested in having any sort of discussion with you. I actually don't care what you think and I have no desire to persuade you at all.

I absolutely refuse to defend the complex economic, political, social system that is known as the
Shariah
(which can fill thousands of pages and entire libraries full of legal material) to someone such as yourself. You defend your beliefs to me, not the other way around.

Believe in what you want.

Wait, what?

If you weren't interested in any sort of discussion why did you comment? And why have you then asked me to defend my beliefs to you, which (news flash), would be a discussion that you are seemingly not interested in having.

But you carry on with your contradictory f*ck fest by telling me to "believe in what I want" just after asking me to defend my beliefs!

It's clear you lack the logic and critical thinking skills to engage in any decent discussion since you can't write a post without having it riddle with contradictions.

<cite>

Wait, what?

If you weren't interested in any sort of discussion why did you comment? And why have you then asked me to defend my beliefs to you, which (news flash), would be a discussion that you are seemingly not interested in having.

But you carry on with your contradictory f*ck fest by telling me to "believe in what I want" just after asking me to defend my beliefs!

It's clear you lack the logic and critical thinking skills to engage in any decent discussion since you can't write a post without having it riddle with contradictions.

I commented because you asked a question, and I answered. It's that simple.

You believe in what you want. I've already challenged secularism in other threads, to other members on this forum, and they couldn't even defend their beliefs and cowardly stood silent when they couldn't even articulate what they believed in. They were unable to even establish a universal moral framework which was consistent and coherent. So I'm not going to re-invent the wheel and get into the same discussion, just with a different person.

Everything that needs to be said, has already been said.

<cite>

I commented because you asked a question, and I answered. It's that simple.

You believe in what you want. I've already challenged secularism in other threads, to other members on this forum, and they couldn't even defend their beliefs and cowardly stood silent when they couldn't even articulate what they believed in. They were unable to even establish a universal moral framework which was consistent and coherent. So I'm not going to re-invent the wheel and get into the same discussion, just with a different person.

Everything that needs to be said, has already been said.

Wow your just not getting it. By posting on the thread you are engaging in a discussion, if you did not wish to engage in a discussion regarding the topic of the thread you shouldn't have posted a reply. It's as simple as that.

P.S just because there isn't an international morale framework doesn't mean a framework that is morally superior to the Sharia cannot be created. You are committing a logical fallacy.

<cite>

Wow your just not getting it. By posting on the thread you are engaging in a discussion, if you did not wish to engage in a discussion regarding the topic of the thread you shouldn't have posted a reply. It's as simple as that.

P.S just because there isn't an international morale framework doesn't mean a framework that is morally superior to the Sharia cannot be created. You are committing a logical fallacy.

Okay, I've said what I needed to say.

P.S. Until you do establish a universal moral framework with which you can establish laws and customs, then a Muslim is not obligated to respond to you or to defend his positions.

<cite>

Okay, I've said what I needed to say.

P.S. Until you do establish a universal moral framework with which you can establish laws and customs, then a Muslim is not obligated to respond to you or to defend his positions.

Why write the P.S if you've said what you needed to say (again with the contradictory posts).

Are you seriously asking me to create a universally acceptable morale code on the internet? Why not try defending the already existing Sharia. Asking me to define a universal morale code for you instead of you defending the Sharia surely raises questions about the morality of the Sharia. Your basically taking a cop-out position.

For instance, it would be permisible for a man in his mid 50s to marry a 6 year old under Sharia law. You cannot possibly defend that, can you?

Safferz   

<cite>

did you think Mormans will adopt monogamy?? Never.

Mormons banned polygamy, actually. Only a small minority of Mormon fundamentalists continue to practice it, in opposition to the mainstream church.

Carry on...